Notices
02-03 Lancer Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

my o3 oz, first pics

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2010, 11:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn lol you got me confused now.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 07:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bvasquez12
damn lol you got me confused now.
haha imagine how I feel staring at it. I drew up a diagram and am gonna wire it tonight.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 09:07 PM
Evolving Member

good luck man, i started my swap as of saturday and i messed up big time.

the differential swap went smoothly, but i ended up breaking apart of the shift linkage. so im gonna have to take it to a shop to get it done right, its a big setback. i wanted to have it done this week but i guess i set my expectations too high .
Old Mar 30, 2010, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

Yea this fog light **** is stupid. I tried again tonight, the switch lit up but the fogs wont turn on. Its retarded. Im back on my spree of wanting to buy a new car anyways. Im going to go test drive a subi wrx hatch tomorrow as well as another vw gti. We'll see what is said/what kind of deal I can get but I might just pull everything and sell it all and get into something more fun. I'll get some pix up though of the car before I make any moves and Im still gonna try to get this **** figured out tomorrow night assuming I dont sell the car haha.
Old Mar 30, 2010, 10:38 PM

hey where did u get those fogs from they look clean *** ****//// get back
Old Mar 31, 2010, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

i seem to be the only one that sees alot of potential in our lancers. mine is now paid off and im gonna go on a modding spree once i get this swap done. but the transmission work is costing me 500 bucks.

Oh and i got them on ebay. from an 03 accord coupe.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

There is no potential in this car. I was coming home tonight and a wrx ran against my buddies scion (who dyno'd at 301 fwhp yesterday) and I couldn't even keep up to watch. The car has no potential, even boosted you push like 200 hp. Unless you take the time and spend the money to do a swap there is no point as far as I see. But thats just me, some people have gotten decent power out of the car, but other than the sleek body there isn't much to it. Its an sohc eco box, and Ive been getting turned off from it lately (not the first time, last year I debatted selling, now Im set on it though). You have to figre out if its worth it to you to boost the car or not, some people it is, for me not so much. For the money paid to upgrade Id rather pay to upgrade to a new car that has the same hp, if not more stock. Then again, my car still has 2 years on its loan period, so thats probably why Im so ready to let it go.

I was going to go look today but didn't find time. Im going car shopping Friday.

Oh and I got the fogs to turn on today with a new switch, gonna solder the wires tomorrow and I'll shoot a few pix.
Old Mar 31, 2010, 09:56 PM
Evolving Member

thats cool, glad you got them working i cant wait to see.

Yea the 4g94 is crap, the 4g64 can be done with not too much modification. the swap opens up TONS of doors, pretty much any evo part will work, meaning, manifolds, turbos, head swap. ive heard of the g64 pushing some crazy numbers. the first guy that did the swap was pushing 170 hp and almost 190tq at the wheels. that sounds like potential to me. even for NA.My swap is almost done and ill soon find out if its worth it. the two people before me that have done it have told me nothing but good things about it.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 07:30 AM
Evolving Member

You should add up the cost of the whole swap because for na those are decent numbers, and if it can push decent numbers its something to consider. Only reason Im kind of gunning for the wrx is because Im debatting autocrossing with a couple of buddies from up here, yet all their cars are 300+ and obviously in a fwd thats just wheel spin. Id like to get the wrx and try to push around 400+ awhp and make it into a sleeper. We'll see though, if the swap isn't too pricy it may be something to consider, because the car is beautiful, just too damn slow for my taste.
Old Apr 1, 2010, 06:05 PM
Evolving Member

If you can do the work yourself. it will only cost you about 1100 dollars total. Ive spend 1400 so far, and thats only because i had to take my transmission to shop because i messed up on the differential swap. The transmission work cost me 500..

So if i hadnt messed up i would have only spent 900 on the swap. Plus the ecu, motor mount bracket, and new clutch. Maybe 1300 total. Once im done i will go to the track and i will definately post up some time slips. here are the swap threads if you havent seen them ..

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...swap-page.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...ld-thread.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/la...02-lancer.html

This swap opens up a ton of doors, u can go NA, with a hyundai DOHC head swap, or u can boost it like crazy, the g63 head also bolts on. So you can up the redline, and run a big turbo so u will make use of the low end torque put out by the 2.4, and then have the boost in the top end, which will also help to reduce wheel spin. I like my car too much to get rid of it unless im getting an EVO. Check out those two links. they made me have alot of hope for my little lancer
Old Apr 1, 2010, 09:06 PM
Evolving Member

That seems pretty reasonable, we will see if I can motivate myself to do that. Considering i have no way of swapping because I have no harness to lift the current motor or to use to drop a new one in. I'll do some research and see what i think, but first thing is first, Im doing some test drives tomorrow
Old Apr 1, 2010, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

Lol yea so far all I can see is good to come from the swap. It's cheaper than most Honda swaps an we get to keep ac and power steering lol. I can't wait! I'll hopefully have it running tomorrow. I'll post up a video
Old Apr 5, 2010, 10:56 PM
Evolving Member

IT RUNS!!! i got the car started up today. its really loud, but once i get the exhaust welded it should be good. now i just need to bleed the clutch and then figure out the ac and power steering lol. besides that it seems good. still havent got to drive it though.
Old Apr 6, 2010, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

Hell yea, cant wait to see the pictures and see this baby in action. Try to get video too, I wanna see what the difference is when you start running and get moving on the freeway and what not.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 10:30 AM
Evolving Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aazzt1S-ewY

here is a startup video. this is open header. the exhaust is getting done today, so ill post another video later. so far everything seems okay, except that i broke my rear transmission mount bracket. ANyone have one laying around?

OH and i need to put my power steering and ac back. and my engine bay is a mess of wires. Has anyone done a wire tuck on a lancer? it might be my next project. i love a clean engine bay.

Quick Reply: my o3 oz, first pics