Notices
02-03 Lancer Show / Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

done with LANCER.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2010, 10:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up to you then. I share the same goal and I hope I can achieve it.

BTW I like right where your car sits right now. Color scheme, stance, simplicity, etc...
Old Oct 11, 2010, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Yep, be prepared to drive alot more cautious if you plan on going as low as me. You will scrape their is no avoiding it. Especially if it's daily driven. I've cracked my oil pan, scraped up my flex pipe, and my subframe bolts hit all the speedbumps i can't avoid and have to go over regardless if I'm going at it sideways or not, because they are the lowest point. They don't get harmed really at all though.

Last edited by Onkar02; Oct 11, 2010 at 01:27 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 01:26 PM
Evolving Member

And i don't even consider my car low yet compared to the other stanced cars out there. It is really low for a base lancer though.

Last edited by Onkar02; Oct 11, 2010 at 01:28 PM.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 04:30 PM
Evolved Member

have you though of maybe some type of plate under ur oil pan?
Old Oct 11, 2010, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by eyekyu
have you though of maybe some type of plate under ur oil pan?
haha yea skid plates? yea ive thought of it. not like seriously though. its not that bad. the oil pan is high enough to avoid mostly everything. idk how i cracked it. guess just bad luck. it should be fine if you just drive normal. i tend to drive faster than i should with my car being stanced and all. then again i dont really care about my lancer like i do with my Z. i treat my lancer pretty bad. i just dont care lol haha. I baby my Z though.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 05:31 PM

My old cars. I've only driven slammed cars. Roads around here are so-so. With the suspension on the Lancer, I wont be nearly as low as you or my older cars. Just a good drop for a quality ride and better handling.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 06:19 PM
Evolving Member

Yea.. I herd bc coils do a pretty nice job and they are priced well. Lots of stanced cars roll on bc without problems. Im on ksports. They suck. But I got em on here for cheap lol
Old Oct 11, 2010, 07:13 PM

I had KSports on the Neon. I had them pre-loaded and everything right but they still blew and seized. Oh well, gotta pay to play. I've heard nothing but good reviews for BC coils.

Do you only have the OZ front lip, or the whole kit? I'm searching all over the internet for that lip kit.
Old Oct 11, 2010, 11:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FAC3L3SS
I had KSports on the Neon. I had them pre-loaded and everything right but they still blew and seized. Oh well, gotta pay to play. I've heard nothing but good reviews for BC coils.

Do you only have the OZ front lip, or the whole kit? I'm searching all over the internet for that lip kit.
i got the rear lip from a pick and pull for like 25 bucks, the whole front is replaced. i got a new front bumper painted it myself. the front lip is also brand new like 200$ painted it myself. it came white. i think it was mitsubishiparts.net? dont remember. its hard to find it at a good price. best bet is on here. the bottom right corner of the rear lip is scratched up a little bit because when i go up a steep incline at a angle my car teeter totters on 3 wheels and it hits scrapes the lip in the back hahaha.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 09:32 AM

Haha awesome. My old lips were beat. I don't care. No sense in having stuff if you're going to hide it from the world all the time.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

i got BC coils on my lancer, i love em. im gonna go moar low when i get the funds for a rear camber kit
Old Oct 12, 2010, 05:16 PM
Evolving Member

yea i wish i had just saved and got bc coils.. oh well lol. and tell me how the camber kit install goes. i didnt get them. really no need as long as you rotate your tires every oil change. its not the camber that does the excessive wear. its the TOE.
Old Oct 12, 2010, 05:30 PM

nice looking lancer!
Old Oct 12, 2010, 06:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Onkar02
yea i wish i had just saved and got bc coils.. oh well lol. and tell me how the camber kit install goes. i didnt get them. really no need as long as you rotate your tires every oil change. its not the camber that does the excessive wear. its the TOE.
indeed, toe eats the **** outta tires....

idk if i want the rear camber kit since im tryin to keep the camber lol
Old Oct 12, 2010, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

good job man.. my lancer was bout to be sitting flushed and stretch with work varianza's D3S. but i sold it to this kid $4500 without the WORKS and gave him the ROTA GT3 instead.. then i sold my WORKS to get me the same WORKS on My TSX working on it to be flushed..

your right bout the sub frame bolts, flex pipe and oil pan scraping for sitting VERY LOW but my oil pan bolt was the only thing that got jacked up from the oil pan. i cant believe u crack your pan i guess i was lucky for it to not crack.

like i said your one of my top fave rides on here good job man!

Quick Reply: done with LANCER.