Notices

gear oil for our tranny's

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2007, 10:37 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by flybyjs130
this thread about penzoil, its about advice for what gear oil to use...any extra input that might be benefial to at least one person, would be beneficial in general.
And if you had searched before starting the thread, you would have seen there were 2 other threads that had been started almost 2 years ago about the exact same topic.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 07:26 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow 2 years ago, maybe people need to refresh there memories sometimes n get sum new input
Old Sep 12, 2007, 08:58 AM
EvoM Community Team

It is still the same transmission and same oils on the market. You don't start new threads, you add onto the old threads. Everyone who was subscribed, is still subscribed. We all could have happily chimed in there. If everyone re-made threads every 2 years we'd have a lot of redundant information. Dan has warned you on numerous occasions. I know searching sucks, but you gotta do it to keep our place tidy. As soon as you add a post to an old thread it becomes first on the list. Which is called bumping. Then all of us can easily reflect on "old" information and "new" information.

If you don't like using evolution.net search... use google and just put evolutionm.net as the first word then your search string. Our community doesn't live by very many rules but this is definitely one of them. Not trying to come down on you man, but we had this exact same thing happen 3 months ago with this exact same thread.

Just try and search a bit more instead of making new threads... K?
Old Sep 12, 2007, 10:47 AM
Evolving Member

i c...i try...so u got ur shifter bushings in bro...i got mine from rrm(energy suspension bushings)...ive had 2 shops tell me already that they dont fit. could there be something there not doing right, or for some reason i didnt get the right bushings even tho it says mitsubishi on the barcode sticker?
Old Sep 12, 2007, 11:19 AM
EvoM Community Team

PM Sent
Old Sep 12, 2007, 12:02 PM
Evolving Member

i c...i try...so u got ur shifter bushings in bro...i got mine from rrm(energy suspension bushings)...ive had 2 shops tell me already that they dont fit. could there be something there not doing right, or for some reason i didnt get the right bushings even tho it says mitsubishi on the barcode sticker?
I have the energy suspension bushings in my car and they do fit, they take a little patience but they definately fit.
Old Sep 12, 2007, 07:01 PM
Evolving Member

o i think they fit now...i finally figured out wat these mechanics were doing wrong n got everything worked out...cant wait to see how they feel
Old Sep 13, 2007, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

o i think they fit now...i finally figured out wat these mechanics were doing wrong n got everything worked out...cant wait to see how they feel
Everything work out then?
Old Sep 13, 2007, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

i wish...the line they tried to open up...they broke. 120$ out the door, plus the bushings i ordered werent necessary, so thats a 40% restocking fee. I just cant wait to get them in, how did it feel for u...please describe, i need it lol
Old Sep 13, 2007, 10:49 PM
Evolving Member

Honestly I did not feel much difference, and seeing as how I put the short shifter in at the same time I could not really tell. You are talking about the bushing that go into the shifter housing right? By the sounds of things I'm starting to wonder if we are talking about the same thing.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 08:03 AM
Evolved Member

+1, you are absolutely confusing every one on the bushings thing. what bushings did you buy, and do you realize that there are bushings under the hood and under the shifter?

and BTW,
Old Sep 14, 2007, 08:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by DangerousDan
+1, you are absolutely confusing every one on the bushings thing. what bushings did you buy, and do you realize that there are bushings under the hood and under the shifter?

and BTW,
The energy suspension bushings from rrm are for under the shifter housing. Once you see them install is pretty self-explanatory. Dan's install for the Aluminum shifter base bushings (found here https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=224673) will guide you step by step. The only difference is that where he put the aluminum bushings you will put the polyurethane bushings. If Dan's thread confuses you there is also another one by PDXralliart, here https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=86493. Make sure you keep the little metal shafts as well as the washer, because you will need them for the install with the poly bushings.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 08:30 AM
Evolving Member

yeah were talking about the same thing lol. the energy suspension shifter bushing in the housing. so no differnce huh?
Old Sep 14, 2007, 08:34 AM
Evolving Member

yeah were talking about the same thing lol. the energy suspension shifter bushing in the housing. so no differnce huh?
Honestly there was very little difference, if I was you I would take $25 and buy the zaklee underhood aluminum bushing. These make a major difference, and are extremely cheap. Do them both and you won't be dissapointed.
Old Sep 14, 2007, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

yeah im already doin the shifter bushings today...but ill bump that n do it in a lil bit. thx 4 the advice tho

Quick Reply: gear oil for our tranny's