Notices

04-06 RA Trans Fluid Change - Helper Pics

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28, 2010, 05:16 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I got my bg2 from buschur racing , should be here any day now... But on another note gm dealerships carry it?
Old Aug 30, 2010, 07:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealerships I called wanted abotu 25 bux per quart
Old Aug 30, 2010, 07:40 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Oooooo so it's buschur regardless, I got mine for about 40 bucks shipped 3quarts, done deal...
Old Sep 8, 2010, 02:40 PM
Evolving Member

the plastic tubing isnt nessicary is it? maybe just use a long skinny funnel? about to do this in like 30 mins.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 03:34 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Should be fine as long as it's flexible, I would've done mine already but no Jack stands
ahhhh
Old Sep 8, 2010, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Flip
the plastic tubing isnt nessicary is it? maybe just use a long skinny funnel? about to do this in like 30 mins.
Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
Should be fine as long as it's flexible, I would've done mine already but no Jack stands
ahhhh
well just got done, and YES, FUNNEL WITH PLASTIC TUBING IS RECOMMENDED!!! lol only if your using the quart bottles (like what your oil comes in), if you can get the quart bottles that are like tall and have squeeze nozzle on it your good to go.

im lucky my hobby shop on base had a funnel with the tubing, it was more like a funnel with a tube, then another tube connected to it. it has been around the block so while i was using it, the second tube came out whle i was on the lift, and i had to jump down and reconnect it. other then jacking around with the funnel and tubing it was easy.

the fill plug wasnt so happy to come loose but with my handy 1/2 inch breaker bar, it gave in. i just filled up the tranny via fill plug till is start to come out around the tube i had inside it. jumped down and plugged her right back up. the shifts are smooth like butter now, feels great, like it just rolled off the line.

BG Syncro Shift II FTW!!!!
-Flip

i followed the how-to at the beggining of this thread, props go to who posted this and to those who put in there two cents
-Flip

Last edited by Flip; Sep 8, 2010 at 04:19 PM.
Old Sep 8, 2010, 04:54 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

I'm jealous I have my bg2 staring me in the face...
Old Apr 28, 2011, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

I did this last week. I used tube/hose that was 3/8 inside and 1/2 outside diameter with a funnel stuck in the hose and resting between the radiator and its overflow hose.

Quite easy but like someone said, it shoots out of there when you pull that drain plug. I didn't even have the fill plug removed yet, because I was hoping for a vacuum effect to slow the flow but no dice.

I used Amsoil MTG and shifting has a notably slick feel to it now. Hopefully it wont wear off quickly.
Old Apr 30, 2011, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by GearDownSon
Hit a GM dealership. Thats where i got mine.
The trans fluid change before last i went to a gm dealership and asked for the BG synchroshift II.. They looked at me like I was insane and asked me what car it was for. When I told them Mitsubishi they told me that it wasn't a Mitsubishi dealership and wouldn't check if they had the oil. Lol. I ordered some from burschur racing. When I did my engine replacement It was time for a fluid change again. I went with the pennzoil synchromesh. It isn't as nice as the BG stuff..5k more miles and i'm going back to the BG.
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:40 PM

Question 2004 Lancer ES-manual

Guys, a quick question, I wanna get my mechanic to drain and refill my transmission since he is going to change the clutch kit. I bought Pennzoil Synthetic 75w-90 GL-4
is it the correct one? is it ok to use synthetic? because what it has now is the original one, this is the first time my tranny getting new oil
Old Oct 11, 2012, 09:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nawr0s
Guys, a quick question, I wanna get my mechanic to drain and refill my transmission since he is going to change the clutch kit. I bought Pennzoil Synthetic 75w-90 GL-4
is it the correct one? is it ok to use synthetic? because what it has now is the original one, this is the first time my tranny getting new oil
If you can take it back and trade it in for Penzoil Syncromesh I would.

If you are in a colder climate Syncromesh is way better and will warm up and allow smooth shifting almost instantly on cold starts. Not sure if the ES is as notchy as the RA can be.
Old Oct 12, 2012, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
Originally Posted by AdamRA
If you can take it back and trade it in for Penzoil Syncromesh I would.

If you are in a colder climate Syncromesh is way better and will warm up and allow smooth shifting almost instantly on cold starts. Not sure if the ES is as notchy as the RA can be.
the transmissions are basically the same...mitsubishi gearboxes are notoriously notchy...i actually gave Redline MTL and it was the best i've used so far...
Old Nov 9, 2012, 11:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nawr0s
Yeah. Just make sure you drain the old oil. Do not mix them.

Personally, I've used a lot of the tranny fluids, Mobil, Royal, Amsoil, Redline, and even Advanced Auto. They will all get the job done.
My preference was Mobil and Amsoil, but I just usually get Mobil synthetic 75w-90 for my Transmission, since Mobil can be found at any part store, and also since its synthetic.

I use my car a lot and am about to go onto my 7th clutch. My transmission is still good though =]
Old Nov 11, 2012, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

The Redline MTL I am using works great. Most noticeable difference is in the cold.
Old Nov 19, 2012, 11:49 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by FX11
I use my car a lot and am about to go onto my 7th clutch. My transmission is still good though =]
i have 228k on my RA and i still have original stock clutch on it but my transmission feels like its been destroyed from the inside

it literally sounds like im grinding rocks inside my engine bay especially when im on 1st

it felt better when Garrett and i flushed my trans fluid and put in some AMSOIL GL4 but it still sounds like a rock grinder beast

Quick Reply: 04-06 RA Trans Fluid Change - Helper Pics