Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

gt2 bodykit question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2004, 01:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by quikkstylez
what intake do you have visonik
The kit i have is an Injen Colad air race division. It is the first designed for the automatic ralliart and will fit the standard. It will be the new model for the ralliart lancer in 05. I purchased it about a month and a half ago from ptuning http://www.ptuning.com/html/Item-Des...delDesc=Lancer

It came in the mail about 2 weeks later. It installed fairly smoothly. Design could have been better, brought the intake a little too close to the trans dipstick in my opionon.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 06:59 PM
Evolving Member

i ordered my gt2 kit yesterday. they said it is sceduled to be shipped on thursday.. so now, i gotta save up for my paint.
Old Oct 18, 2004, 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by black_ralliart
i ordered my gt2 kit yesterday. they said it is sceduled to be shipped on thursday.. so now, i gotta save up for my paint.
Just make sure when you recieve it, open it in front of the delivery guy so he can report any damaged stuff. My hood came broke the first time.

Paint is rather expensive. The body shop i had it painted and installed at charged $115 for each piece like bumper, hood, rear bumper, and combined the side skirts, wing, and eyelids as one piece. I paid a total of $750 to have the whole kit painted and installed. Almost as much as the kit. LOL
Old Oct 20, 2004, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by visoniklancer
Just make sure when you recieve it, open it in front of the delivery guy so he can report any damaged stuff. My hood came broke the first time.

Paint is rather expensive. The body shop i had it painted and installed at charged $115 for each piece like bumper, hood, rear bumper, and combined the side skirts, wing, and eyelids as one piece. I paid a total of $750 to have the whole kit painted and installed. Almost as much as the kit. LOL
I was quoted like $1400 to get mine painted....geez....plus I'm still waiting for my kit! I ordered from Accolade like 2 weeks ago.....*grumble,grumble*.....

GO BO-SOX!!
Old Oct 21, 2004, 11:15 AM
Evolving Member

haha. that sucks. i'm getting mine painted for free. all i gotta do is buy the paint and clear coat.. and that's only $165.
Old Oct 23, 2004, 09:44 AM
Evolving Member

Knoxximus, i also ordered my kit like a week ago, it was supposed to ship on thursday, but they haven't shipped it yet evidently.
Old Oct 24, 2004, 11:20 AM

According to my tracking number, my kit should be at the shop tomorrow! Which means I have just enough time (since I'm off today) to suck up to my moms so I can borrow the spare hooptie for a coupla days ! If that fails....looks like I gotta go to rent-a-bucket...... .

Best thing is that i'll be the only cat in Las Vegas, NV with a kitted out '04 Ralli!

WHOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!
Old Oct 24, 2004, 08:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by visoniklancer
Kit bolted on with very little modifications. Had to drill seperate hole for the wing. Also remove rear bumber to install rear end piece.
i was wondering is the wing from accolade OEM standards from what i can see and compared have not tried it but compare measurments the OEM evo spoiler will bolt right on to a RA with no drilling i could be wrong as far as kit is concerned ive thought about ordering one but going to wait to see if anyone else is going to make anything in the next 6 months if not then i will order one have you had any problems with paint coming off the body kit and will that hood fit with the tower strut bar on there seen it on your car in the pics just wondering
Old Oct 25, 2004, 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by silversleeper
i was wondering is the wing from accolade OEM standards from what i can see and compared have not tried it but compare measurments the OEM evo spoiler will bolt right on to a RA with no drilling i could be wrong as far as kit is concerned ive thought about ordering one but going to wait to see if anyone else is going to make anything in the next 6 months if not then i will order one have you had any problems with paint coming off the body kit and will that hood fit with the tower strut bar on there seen it on your car in the pics just wondering
the wing uses one of the stock holes but you will have to drill another. The GT hood will not fit with the strut bar installed. I have taken the GT hood off, because of that and the amount of water going on the engine. The stock hood is lighter then the GT hood also.

Robert
Old Oct 25, 2004, 12:01 PM
Evolving Member

yeah, i just got my shipping number, it shipped today. thank god.
Old Oct 26, 2004, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
did you have to leave the rear bumper off the car to install the rear piece? or did you have to take it off and then install the rear piece and bumper together ?
Old Oct 27, 2004, 10:32 PM

I get my kit put on next week after CIMA is out (I hope.). I talked the shop down to a "G"....I can live with that. Plus my personal license plate just came in, which is great because I can pick it up the day I take it to the shop, that way when it comes out, it's like a brand new car that no one has ever seen before (plates or otherwise) will be hitting the streets......Ii'ts like I'm reincarnating my Ralli!!!

I will finally post pictures of my whip when that is all done (this will be the reason why I finally get a digital camera!). I can't WAIT cause ya'll are gonna trip on the plate!!