Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!
View Poll Results: What kind of CF hood do you want?
Standard OEM hood.
24.84%
EVO hood.
37.89%
Unique vented hood.
33.54%
No thanks, I'll stay stock!
3.73%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Carbon Fiber Hood Preference?!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2004, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by reTro
I'd sign it!!!
It's up. Maybe we could combine the data from this one (what type we want to see) with the new one (straight demand/time frame) and create something out of it!
Old Dec 15, 2004, 03:53 PM
Evolved Member

sort of off topic

You guys are gonna love this, called VIS today and here is the word for word convo i held with this schmuck:

VISRACING-"VisRacing, Toby speaking"
Me-Hi, I was wondering if you guys have come out with Evo 8 hood for the 2004 Lancer (notice I didnt specifically say RALLIART)
VISRACING-hold on please let me check..............Yes we have an cf hood for the Evo
Me-No, im looking for a cf hood for the 2004 lancer, I actually have a ralliart but I know since there is a strut bar it wont make it fit right
VISRACING-hold on please.........Im sorry but we dont make a ralliart hood for the evo
Me-NO, i drive a ralliart, im looking for a hood for it, I was told that you guys had made a hood for 2004 Lancers and I was wondering when you would have it ready.
VISRACING-(listen to this!!!) Well I just asked my supervisor and he told me that they dont make a ralliart hood for any 04 Lancers
Me-Jesus God are you on crack? I HAVE A 2004 LANCER AND I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF YOU MAKE A HOOD FOR THE 2004-2005 LANCER
VISRACING-Have a nice day sir
[end of conversation]

If thats the kind of customer service Vis offers, they can kiss my white a$$. Right now I would buy a cf hood from a cheapo ebay company before i buy from them
Old Dec 15, 2004, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dude, thatz hilarious!!!

I think I'm going to call and ask the same question!
Old Dec 15, 2004, 08:57 PM
Evolved Member

LMFAO!!! Thats great! I say you ask for the manager....surely HE can't be stupider....lol
Old Dec 15, 2004, 09:32 PM

I've always thought vents like on the Mitsu WRC....the car designers said that vent is actually more benificial performance wise than the Evo 8 styled vent

just thought I'd throw that out there
Old Dec 15, 2004, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

A vent on our hood would be purely for show since our intake wasn't designed for one. Especially the CAI which sucks from the bottom of the car!!!

Those with a "shorty" might be able to rig some piping which might help a little, but probably wouldn't be worth the effort.
Old Dec 15, 2004, 10:33 PM

^^ probably right...I guess any venting is good cause a cool engine is a happy engine
Old Dec 18, 2004, 11:56 PM
Evolving Member

Uhh anyone email Fiberimages.com yet. I have emailed them but no reply yet. there hoods are kinda pricey but that would be my first choice. My second chioce would be seibon
Old Dec 19, 2004, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by reTro
A vent on our hood would be purely for show since our intake wasn't designed for one. Especially the CAI which sucks from the bottom of the car!!!

Those with a "shorty" might be able to rig some piping which might help a little, but probably wouldn't be worth the effort.
the vent on an evo isn't for the intake, next time you look at one, notice the vent is directly above the turbo and exhaust manifold. it's jest to cool the engine down.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 10:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rocketman
why does eveyone want to turn there ralliart into a evo? Personaly I want to make it some what unique, Its own style. it almost bugs me as much as a 4cyl mustang or poeple that buy h2 hummers,
That's what I'm talking about. Why be a poser and try to make your RA a replica Evo. After all the money you guys are putting into making it look like an EVO you coulda just bought one. Our RA's are different and original. Lets keep up that originality and make them stand out.
Old Dec 19, 2004, 10:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RollerPyro
Eww I can't believe vented hoods are beating OEM!

Well I plan on getting a SRI and any extra cool air I can get under the hood I'm all for.
Old Dec 20, 2004, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

i'm not trying to get mine to look like an evo, i just want to vent so when i'm racing during the summer here in arizona when it's 110 degrees my engine has some breathing room.
Old Jan 4, 2005, 08:49 PM
Evolving Member

hi all

for one if someone wants to make there RA look like an EVO then i say go for it, but i personally am not going for that look on my RA. yes i could have gotten a evo but hay look at it this way, 18000 for a RA or 35000 for a EVO. well RA it is especially after i would have thrown out the seats, that stupic little "guage cluster" with the REALLY SMALL guages. lets see thats about a 15000 dollar diferenst so what could i do to a RA with all that money and it wouldnt look like anyone elses ooo yea build MY OWN style car thats it lol anyways, thats just what i seen when i went to get a EVO and found the RA instead plus i think you could pull more HP and Torgue from a RA then a EVO if we had the same after market suport the EVO has. just my thoughts
Old Jan 5, 2005, 05:18 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by BLKRalliArt04
You guys are gonna love this, called VIS today and here is the word for word convo i held with this schmuck:

VISRACING-"VisRacing, Toby speaking"
Me-Hi, I was wondering if you guys have come out with Evo 8 hood for the 2004 Lancer (notice I didnt specifically say RALLIART)
VISRACING-hold on please let me check..............Yes we have an cf hood for the Evo
Me-No, im looking for a cf hood for the 2004 lancer, I actually have a ralliart but I know since there is a strut bar it wont make it fit right
VISRACING-hold on please.........Im sorry but we dont make a ralliart hood for the evo
Me-NO, i drive a ralliart, im looking for a hood for it, I was told that you guys had made a hood for 2004 Lancers and I was wondering when you would have it ready.
VISRACING-(listen to this!!!) Well I just asked my supervisor and he told me that they dont make a ralliart hood for any 04 Lancers
Me-Jesus God are you on crack? I HAVE A 2004 LANCER AND I JUST WANT TO KNOW IF YOU MAKE A HOOD FOR THE 2004-2005 LANCER
VISRACING-Have a nice day sir
[end of conversation]

If thats the kind of customer service Vis offers, they can kiss my white a$$. Right now I would buy a cf hood from a cheapo ebay company before i buy from them
That is too funny ! Those guys do not know their makes and models.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 10:10 PM
Evolving Member

OEM!

None of that evo wannabe bull**** here..

Quick Reply: Carbon Fiber Hood Preference?!