Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Auxiliary Input Adapter (CD changer Adapter)

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2005, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Auxiliary Input Adapter (CD changer Adapter)

I have read a ton of posts about this but no one seems to have any clear answer on whether or not a part is made that works for o ur car.

I'm looking to hook up my ipod through the CD changer port in ourfactory hu.

I know a lot of people have talked about this but has anyone actually been able to do it. With out an FM transmitter.

if you have please let me know the parts you used. Links would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks

Ph

By the way just drove my new ralliart home today!

Last edited by pwoods; May 24, 2005 at 05:24 PM.
Old May 24, 2005, 05:56 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Congrats on the new Ralliart. What I think you're going to have to do is buy the CD changer cable, then cut it and attach some RCA plugs to the appropriate wires.

Or maybe you could figure out which type of connector our deck uses for the CD changer and then find out if there's already an adapter out there. If it's the same connector that older Mitsu's use, then there's gotta be a connector out there.
Old May 24, 2005, 06:29 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
http://www.densionusa.com/icelink_info.htm

Give them a call.. I have the Dension DH100ix head unit, but they have the most widely used integration kits for the Ipod and factory stereos..

FWIW, there may not be an application specifically for the Lancer's, but if I recall, the stereo's interface is shared with a few Chrysler cars (Dodge Neon, Cirrus, etc..) And they may already have figured out which interface works with our OEM stereo.
Old May 24, 2005, 06:31 PM
EvoM Guru

And yes.. the connector on ours is similar to the older DSM's, there are a few "Changer interfaces" out there.. But it takes awhile to figure out, before you get too crazy, you might want to pull the stereo, and photograph the connectors on the back of the stereo, since the pictures might help you when you supply them with the car information to different vendors.
Old May 24, 2005, 10:24 PM

thanks for the help, I may just go ahead and get a cd player with an auxillary in, seems like the price would be similar in the end, and a new hu would prolly be a good thing for the car.

Anyone know which models are directly compatible with Ipod;s is it just alpine?

I know any hu with an auxilary in will work but I know alpine came up with a direcct connection and contol anyone else have a similar system. Any idea on how much they run

thanks
I'll do some of my own searching too but since the thread is started mine as well use it

ph
Old May 25, 2005, 12:56 PM

Both Clarion and Pioneer have recently released adapters that connect to the cd changer port on the back of the deck.

For info on the Pioneer one check - Here.

For the Clarion one - Check Here.
Old May 25, 2005, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
$200 for the dension dock....could buy a 2nd ipod /w that! let us know how it goes if u try to hack ur own cable together.
Old May 25, 2005, 05:25 PM
EvoM Guru

Thats actually why I got the Dension DH100ix it has a hard disk MP3 player with 80gb hard drive in it, and no proprietary stuff to deal with. Personally I am not a fan of the IPod but there's a few interfaces out there, unfortunately most manufacturers think that if you own an IPOD, your obviously wealthy enough to pay a rediculous price for their addons.