Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart Photos/Discussions [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 12, 2005, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CRVdrftR05
Interior = Evo w/o Recaro. that's kinda sad on the Evo's part. And the deletion of that huge hazard is a plus.
Hey, it may be an Evo, but it's still a Lancer!!
Old Aug 12, 2005, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

-

Seriously guys... I know the car is good, but are we at the point where we must complain about the hazards switch?!? I mean, even I am not as hard to please as that...

Let's focus on the crappy paint and tires instead. That's worth our attention a lot more...

-
Old Aug 12, 2005, 10:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im not feelin the new front either....looks like a big smiling goldfish
Old Aug 12, 2005, 10:30 PM
Evolved Member

oh and look at this again:
http://www.mitsubishi-motors.co.jp/L...n_01img_03.jpg

that jdm ralliart is auto and has a nice boot and knob, will that be in the usdm 06?
and i like the 3 spoke steering wheel more than the usdm 4 spoke

one more thing, are they actually giving rims to 06 ES? or just new hub caps...............
Old Aug 13, 2005, 02:03 PM

while the interior seats looks plain, without the print they will fit better with aftermarket seats.

The front fascia looks also a bit like a Acura RSX
Old Aug 13, 2005, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

New front end -

They "fixed" things that weren't broken. My only problem with our 04-05 frontend is how the headlights visibly bump/stick up/out over the front of the grill from some angles. The new frontend doesn't help that at all and in fact just draws more attention to the bumped headlights with nothing exciting going on in the middle. From angles where the headlights don't stick visibly stick out from the car I really like our 04-05 front end.

New interior -

The new interior is boring now with the plain black seats. I love how our 04-05 seats look and feel. The new ones look to be the same seats/shape, but they're boring whereas ours have that IMO very nice looking pattern stiched on them. You have to wonder if Mitsu changed them just for photographs, since the 04-05 pattern really looks bad in pictures for some reason.

The removal of the fake carbon fiber I'm indifferent to. The fake carbon fiber looked so fake it was hardly recognizable as such, but the (presumably fake) aluminum there looks more out of place even though it doesn't look as fake. Seeing it in person could change my mind.

The relocation of the hazards button was a good idea gone wrong. The giant 04-05 one is certainly no great example of style, but it's still better looking than the new one if only because it keeps the dash looking nice and symmetrical, whereas the new one just looks tacked on.

The aluminum pedals should look nice though. My only worry is that they're just add-on pieces that enclose normal pedals, making them even harder to use for those of us with big feet. In my 04 my foot just barely avoids hitting the brake while using the gas even when it's right up against the side of the footwell.
Old Aug 13, 2005, 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 is the best
Old Aug 17, 2005, 08:52 AM

also the new 06 model weight a little more.

2843 (05 std) vs 2922 (06 std)

Last edited by rpmseeker; Aug 17, 2005 at 08:54 AM. Reason: adding weight numbers
Old Aug 17, 2005, 09:00 AM

Weight probably added by the now included side air bags.

A new package option for 06 ralliart
Appearance Package F3 1 Vortex Generator, Bright Exhaust Finisher, Sunroof Wind Deflector 240.00

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/deta...43592&mime=ASC
Old Aug 17, 2005, 05:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rpmseeker
Weight probably added by the now included side air bags.

A new package option for 06 ralliart
Appearance Package F3 1 Vortex Generator, Bright Exhaust Finisher, Sunroof Wind Deflector 240.00

http://media.mitsubishicars.com/deta...43592&mime=ASC
I like that the Side Airbags are standard now. That's a nice feature. They should really throw in changer into the S&S package...

I like the idea of the "Appearance Package" it seems like it'll be a popular option, although I dislike the sunroof deflector... it sounds better than that "Rally Package" they soaked me $150 for.

Last edited by Ralliartist; Aug 17, 2005 at 06:52 PM.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

You know, most people are saying that the front end is an improvement. Just adding nice mesh grills to the 04-05 makes such a huge difference, that for me, the new 06 looks much worse. I actually have black metal mesh in mine with the full ralliart logo on it. Looks way better than the new one. Guess you'd have to see mine.

But stock to stock, I do like the new grill better. What I dont like is the giant gaping single vent in the bottom. It looks horrible. I keep trying to tell myself that it isn't evil and smiling at me but it just looks like a giant mouth. Its not even an echo of evo9 style with the big verticle supports on the sides of the intercooler. It really needs to be broken up. If I got it, the first thing I would do would be to paint the vertical supports red.

I really dont want to be one of those that hates all the new models because I'm jealous. But this new front end looks less agressive and less sporty overall. The 04-05 actually looks like the evo front end in many ways. The new 06, much less so. There isn't really much of a semblance other than the absence of the split front grill. I'm not sorry i'm staying with the 04.

I have heard that the new model has a 5% performance increase to the engine. Anybody want to confirm that, i thought i saw it in some other posts.

And whats with the abscence of the red patterned seats, I really like those. I would be upset if mine were just plain black. If they switched to the JDM seats, i'd be all happy cause those are teh sexy. It seems like mitsu was trying to tone down the style of the ralliart to make it look less like a performer. I'd have to see the silver dash in person to see if it would be nicer. The aluminum pedals are cool too. I just hope its not like the specV where it starts out all sporty looking and they slowly make it look worse and less sporty over time. I feel like thats the case here.
Old Aug 18, 2005, 04:46 PM

The 2006 seats have two color fabric, but it is like a gray tone in the middle.

It looks better than the previous photo.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 02:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WoRkZ
-

Seriously guys... I know the car is good, but are we at the point where we must complain about the hazards switch?!? I mean, even I am not as hard to please as that...

Let's focus on the crappy paint and tires instead. That's worth our attention a lot more...

-
Yeah
The seats are a thumbs down IMO, but really not a huge deal. The grill is better, the air dam looks weird though with the bar going through it. As for not being broken up by the vertical things, my 04 is black and the only noticable difference in the black 06s is the horizontal bar.
Steering wheel looks better than the 04/05 one (for sure).
Hazard switch? I'm not that picky either, the front end I don't really care about either. Worse or better, doesn't matter, still doesn't look great with the same headlights, it needs squarer headlights, but we've always known that.
I will have an 06 in a few days, a year with the automatic is enough
It will be black, black (or dark) lancers are definitely the best, IMO.
The dash panel is still fake CF BTW, I sat in an 06, the little "squares" in the fake CF are just smaller, so in those pictures it looks like a solid silver color.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 05:39 AM
Evolving Member

I don't know if you guys have seen them in person yet, but I saw an 06 ES in person. It's okay, and the part under the clock is for passenger air bag and driver air bag (silly). Anyway, it's overall okay but not like ours.
Old Aug 19, 2005, 07:34 PM
Evolving Member

wish model is that on the pic above that rpmseeker posted? the redline is @6000??

Quick Reply: 2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart Photos/Discussions [MERGED]