Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!
View Poll Results: Choose an option you prefer.
I would be interested in the shaven trunk lid.
7.84%
I would be interested in the lisence plate relocated bumper.
7.84%
I would be interested in both options.
66.67%
I would be interested in both options.
17.65%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Gauging Interest: Evo IX style rear bumper w/ lisence plate holder

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2005, 12:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
-

I don't think they have... at least, not that I know of. I would put my money with Cerious on this one. Your reputation precedes you... while Accolade's...

Anyway, this is just one guy's opinion, but I know where I stand on this one. BTW, can you guys get a quote to ship this part to Canada? It would be a good thing to know what we can expect as far as shipping goes before getting our hopes up too much...

Then again, if we got a small canadian group buy going, would we save on the shipping (and original price)??? I figure, if guys from Ontario and Quebec got together and got 5 trunks shipped to Ottawa for example, it would just be a good reason to organize a trunk-O-thon and enjoy! Just an idea... but let me know what oruices would be like and I can look into getting a GB together in say... march or april. When do you guys plan on selling this?

-
Old Dec 8, 2005, 01:03 PM
Account Disabled

opinions aside, accolade offers the most options and tackles the largest aero projects.. so lets not compare apples to oranges because the greater the involvement comes greater responsibility and we have had an amazingly good track record on all our newly designed products and the service to back it up now.. not to mention Dave@Accolade who leads our US operations has always had a spotless trader rating and is the #1 ranked gold vendor. so i say this forum is fortunate to have both good vendors developing products..
Old Dec 8, 2005, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Everyone has a chance to improve, and some people can have bad experiences even with respected vendors. The important thing everyone should realise is that Accolade is one of the few companies who are actually listening to us. I respect them and Cerious for listening to what we wanted and making the products.

This is a rare and quite wonderful thing when you thing about it...

I've already reserved Accolade's new bumper with them and will be wiring the money this week. I will also buy Cerious' Carbon Fibre trunk lid as soon as they are ready to take orders also.
Old Dec 8, 2005, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

Thumbs up

-

Mike, nice sales pitch... and I will agree with most of it, especially since Accolade's last 6 months have given me a sense that the company is now on the right track. But as previously mentionned, the canadian market is poorly serviced by your company, mainly because of poor shipping pricing (and having no rep. too). Paying almost 50% more than the cost of some already expensive item just for shipping is not a fair deal, and I encourage you to look for a better shipping company / shipping deal if you guys want to open up the canadian side of things... or you could alternatively assign us a local rep. and ship bulk to him, which would be one great news for us canadian Mistsu owners.

Diavlo, I really hope Cerious will at least consider the option of making a FB trunk as well... 'cause I would hesitate to pay more for a trunk I know I will paint over anyway. I think this would be a deal breaker for me, since I predict that the shipping will also be quite high, even if they shop around for the best deal for us non-US guys [I don't like to use the term americans, since last time I checked, I lived in north-america too... and in the largest country on the continent too].

But if they at least make a CF trunk and you can lay your hands on one, at least one of us will have gotten what he wanted out of this thread...

-
Old Dec 8, 2005, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Cerious have said they are making both CF and fibreglass (or was it plastic?) trunk lids, dont worry! To be honest, I'd be painting over my trunk too so it might be a better idea for me to go with the non carbon fibre one.
Old Dec 10, 2005, 04:59 PM

yeah i want a fibreglass one too
Old Dec 10, 2005, 09:46 PM

interested in both
Old Dec 12, 2005, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Wink

-

^ uh... it won't fit the EVO8 you know...

-
Old Dec 12, 2005, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Cerious can you let me know when I can place a pre-order for the new trunk lid as I want to ensure I get one as soon as possible. I have already ordered the new license relocated bumper from Accolade and they say it will be shipped in about 3 weeks time so it would be all for nothing if I didnt get one of the first of your shaven trunk lids!
Old Dec 12, 2005, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Diavlo
...they say it will be shipped in about 3 weeks time...

Not to dampen your spirits or anything... but plan on waiting double that ammount of time. The last body kits took a while to get shipped.

And please post pics of it when you receive it...

-
Old Dec 12, 2005, 02:54 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah I am prepared to wait for it, just as long as it IS coming! lol I will of course post pics when it arrives and when its all done.
Old Dec 12, 2005, 02:59 PM
Evolved Member

did you call in to order accolades bumper or do they have a thread or pics of it already?
Old Dec 13, 2005, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by Diavlo
Cerious can you let me know when I can place a pre-order for the new trunk lid as I want to ensure I get one as soon as possible. I have already ordered the new license relocated bumper from Accolade and they say it will be shipped in about 3 weeks time so it would be all for nothing if I didnt get one of the first of your shaven trunk lids!
You can call 1.866.736.8559 to pre-order, we accept all major credit and debit cards, or Paypal to Sales@CeriousPerformance.Com

Fiberglass trunk will be $350
Carbon $475

Fiberglass should be ready in about a week, carbon in a few weeks. It is very hard to get carbon right now, just google "carbon fiber shortage", you'll see...It's really bad
Old Dec 13, 2005, 12:58 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

-

Already!

Damn, that's fast... way too fast for me as a matter of fact! Will I be able to get one comes spring or is this gonna be a one shot deal??? I'm more than a little worried now...

-
Old Dec 13, 2005, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

-

BTW guys, I thought I'd simulate how it's gonna look on my car... and as always, I thought I'd share. So here are the before and after shots:

before

after

Personnaly, I'm sold!

-

Quick Reply: Gauging Interest: Evo IX style rear bumper w/ lisence plate holder