Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Accolade Body Kiys

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2006 | 11:26 PM

I have a GT v2 kit sitting in my basement...it will never go on my car because I live in an area with horrible roads and the kit makes my car sit lower than I thought it would.

My body guy looked at it and wasn't to fond of the material (he likes polyurethane kits) but told me it would go on the car with just a little bit of work....no big deal.

Accolade was a bit slow in shipping....still not a big deal to me. They answered every email I sent them in a nice speedy fasion.

Would I order another kit from accolade? Probably not. I've seen the material that they are made from and it just wouldn't be smart for me to order another kit from them as I would break it every few weeks....would make my body guy happy though

I have nothing against accolade. I just wish they would make Polyurethane kits.

Later,

Steve
Old Feb 14, 2006 | 05:32 AM

!!!!

Your welcome accolade, Trying to show good product and good customer service that you have. thx again.
Old Feb 14, 2006 | 10:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ralliart1979
Your welcome accolade, Trying to show good product and good customer service that you have. thx again.
Good customer service?
Old Feb 14, 2006 | 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SeanT
Good customer service?
heres another David Bushur fanboy. Go back to the thread and read what Mr. Bushur writes : "Well he assumed that the front end was made of polyurethane and was somewhat flexible." meaning that little Jarrod was stupid enough to misunderstand the material the kit was made of. Now heres another interesting thing : "They then tell us how unprofessional it would be to post what we thought about it and it reflects badly on Buschur Racing." , and you know what it does reflect badly. If i were to talk crap about a vendor I would probably get my account disabled like so many other users have. So what do the mods do? They let their thread stay. It was unproffesional of Mr. Bushur to post things like that in this site. The fact that he makes great parts (i know cause i had a 92 dsm and bought lots of his parts) and is a vendor here doesn't excuse him to say what he did. I haven't ordered from accolade , but the few times i've asked them about a product they've answered quite fast , so the "bad costumer" service you claim , I've never experienced it. I bet you've never bought anything from them and are just posting this cause Mr. Bushur has an idiot working for him. Please if all you're going to do is talk crap about a vendor go to your lancer es forum or to the evo forum. Please allow this thread to go back on topic.

Last edited by deathsythe12; Feb 14, 2006 at 11:08 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2006 | 11:39 AM
Account Disabled

deathsythe12 you are right on target with your conclusions... That issue really had very little to do with the Buschur name, and David its owner, Buschur is a great tuner company.. Its just one of their employees did not know the product material and our return policy, but our return policy is so because of the high cost of shipping oversize freight so imagine the price of a bumper then x2 the shipping costs.. for those who have ordered hoods, bumpers before you know its upwards of $175.. and that was the issue. If we did not eat the costs they threatened us to make a big fuss about it on EvoM.. Looking back it would have been wiser just to take it back in full and take the costs rather then trouble everyone.

But I hope to in the future send them a accolade manufactured urethane bumper and refund them in full and maybe they will take back there comments.
Old Feb 14, 2006 | 02:17 PM

From: Yokosuka Japan (Lancer currently in Hawaii with wife)
I didn't mean to dis Accolade at all, I just asked the question because I wanted an answer... From what I've seen, they make the best designs for kits for our cars... If anyone knows a company that makes better designs and has a better selection, let me know... I've heard many bad things about them, but then I've also heard many good things about them... Dave, I think you guys do a good job... I've emailed with your people a few times, asking questions about kits and stuff like that and have always got quick responses and knowledgable answers... I may not be buying a kit soon, being as I'm in Japan and waiting until I get to hawaii to do so, but I'm planning on it... With luck, when it does come time for me to buy my kit you guys will have an even higher selection and even better quality...
Old Feb 14, 2006 | 11:23 PM
Account Disabled

there body kits are well designed , there lancer side skirts look like 2" 6" rapped with fiberglass and there front ends point in the air. the only way that there "picture cars" look good is because the have 19" wheels on them, which make the car undrivable. and basically all there kit look like they were designed over and OG bumper with a gallon of bondo and a trowel. maybe Accloade should start building brick walls since thats what there body kits look like. but don't let me stop you from buying a kit.

oh and yeah ACCOLADE DOSEN'T EVEN HAVE A PHONE NUMBER, that should say it all right there.

WTF is up with the side skirt
Old Feb 15, 2006 | 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dave@Accolade
... one of their employees did not know the product material and our return policy

But I hope to in the future send them a accolade manufactured urethane bumper ...
I wonder how much of the problem boils down to that. I have a good quality kit on another car and while I love the looks of it there are some universal issues with having a 'glass front bumper that would turn me off of doing another one.

It's interesting you mention a Accolade manufactured urethane bumper. That shows a lot dedication to detail. Poly can be more accurate but also needs to be more so. You would give people a bumper that is more or less the same as what came from the factory.

It's nice that most of the bumpers now fit the crash bar. had to remove mine when I installed a kit and really didn't like the idea. Now that I have a family I wouldn't take the bar off another car.

I think many people think they are getting something like the factory urethane bumper and are then disappointed when they get the other instead. Then you add the extra prep. and issues with cracking from hitting the ground and stuff and you end up with unhappy people.

-Joe

P.S. Please manufacture a cool urethane bumper for the RA that's not too wild.
Old Feb 15, 2006 | 11:49 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ne evo
there body kits are well designed , there lancer side skirts look like 2" 6" rapped with fiberglass and there front ends point in the air. the only way that there "picture cars" look good is because the have 19" wheels on them, which make the car undrivable. and basically all there kit look like they were designed over and OG bumper with a gallon of bondo and a trowel. maybe Accloade should start building brick walls since thats what there body kits look like. but don't let me stop you from buying a kit.

oh and yeah ACCOLADE DOSEN'T EVEN HAVE A PHONE NUMBER, that should say it all right there.

thank you for your constructive criticism your views will help us to make parts that everyone likes..

we also do have a 1-800 Toll free number ill launch it as soon as I get my new wireless headsets in, maybe within 1 week.
Old Feb 15, 2006 | 01:09 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

So dave did the kits come in for the GB? Were they shipped?I was in the v.02 buy.
I got all my supplies ready just waitin on you
Old Feb 15, 2006 | 01:25 PM
Account Disabled

im going to update the GB status this evening, as soon as I hear back from customs..
Old Feb 15, 2006 | 01:28 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Thanks man Btw one quick ques how close is that pfrp yellow that the kits come with match the factory mitsu yellow?
Old Feb 15, 2006 | 01:45 PM

From: Yokosuka Japan (Lancer currently in Hawaii with wife)
Originally Posted by ne evo

Well at least we know people are smart enough to spell correctly... Everyone is different, yet people still feel the need to bash other people for their choices...
Old Feb 15, 2006 | 06:23 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dave@Accolade
thank you for your constructive criticism your views will help us to make parts that everyone likes..
nice way to handle what that punk said. This alone shows the way you guys are doing things now.
Old Feb 15, 2006 | 06:55 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by deathsythe12
nice way to handle what that punk said. This alone shows the way you guys are doing things now.
all good.. look what came in the mail today.. my wireless headsets for our fancy VoIP network telecom system !!..

Since the asian body-kit.com staff is still shying away from manning the stations someone has to step up! we have had it for a long time now already.

im doing this mainly for the accolade sportparts and the RPW customers i will be personally taking the calls and assisting with shipping updates for all customers body-kit.com & accoladesportparts.com but as far as the pricing and quotes will see how it goes, for the past years its always been done by email you would email us and we quote you on your body kit.. which i have had very little part in.. the transition maybe a little rough at first for me personally, but in time ill get better ! so give me a chance

Going to launch the phones soon just give me time.

Last edited by Dave@Accolade; Feb 15, 2006 at 06:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Accolade Body Kiys