Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Accolade Body Kiys

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2006 | 09:44 PM
Evolving Member

Accolade Body Kits

I want to know if anyone has installed an accolade body kit. Is it easy or does it have to be done professionally

Last edited by SuckaFree; Feb 12, 2006 at 10:30 PM.
Old Feb 11, 2006 | 03:50 PM
Account Disabled

I recommend taking our body kits to a professional body shop, not a collision shop, but a custom body shop is best, they have the expertise to make your car a show winner.. It is easy to install if you know what you are doing, these styles include all our new bumpers, TOMS, GTV2, HYPER ~... but there is one style in particular the evo 8 that requires your front bar to be removed other then that all the kits are extremely easy to fit because they have been molded on USDM OEM bumpers which I have sent.
Old Feb 11, 2006 | 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

so why are soo many people have problems with them.
Old Feb 11, 2006 | 08:15 PM

What are you talking about? These kits are great. Very thick and unique. I love the kit. looks sweet. look in my profile. Me and my brother-in-law and my wife installed it in my garage and it looks sweet. thx accolade. wish you would comsider me for sponsorship.
Old Feb 11, 2006 | 08:48 PM
Evolving Member

ralliart 1979 , what did you do to hang your side skirts ? thats not something that just anyone can do. most side skirts have to be molded on with some sort of polyurathain filler, or did you just rivet them on? i know the front and rear can just bolt up ,but on most body kits the side skirts have to be molded and thers always some type of body work that has to be done.

just qurieous cause your making it sound to easy.
Old Feb 12, 2006 | 12:37 AM
Evolved Member

I did most the body work/install with my buddies, unfortunatly my car was involved in two front end wrecks previously to the install, and the car wasn't repaired correctly by the collision shop. i argued it and lost b/c i was 17 and "had no idea what i was talking about". in the end, i worked with a paint shop and they got it set right and looking good.
Old Feb 12, 2006 | 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

I'd recommend checking out the link in my signature to help you answer your question.

It'll give you a clear idea of 1) what you can expect when your body kit arrives and 2) how you'll be treated as a customer.

Hope that helps.
Old Feb 12, 2006 | 02:57 PM
Account Disabled

There is also our feedback on our kits you can read here:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/tr...gs.php?u=20328

We make a very good product, we know you have other options out there, but our design,material, fitment is one of the best... if you reserve any doubts you can always buy from the other guy..

but seriously is there any doubt that our parts are better if not on par with other kits, I mean we do have access to the car 24 hrs day if we have any issues we fix them, there is no other vendor that cares more about styling and puts more effort in than we do.

Last edited by Dave@Accolade; Feb 12, 2006 at 02:59 PM.
Old Feb 12, 2006 | 04:14 PM

From: Yokosuka Japan (Lancer currently in Hawaii with wife)
I'm sure Accolade puts much effort into their design of kits, but what about the customer service issue mentioned in this thread:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=175486

I'm having second thoughts and whatnot because of this... I love Accolade's style, they make amazing kits! But I myself am looking elsewhere, but I'm also still considering Accolade... You gotta look at all the angle's and decide what you want to do...
Old Feb 12, 2006 | 04:26 PM
Account Disabled

There was a history to that, we tried explaining a return policy that the customer wanted no part of, instead they threatened us and did what they said they would do, personally i feel bad that it went down the way it did.. I realize our customer service isnt the best but im working on improving it, issues with vendors usually happen because of a lack of communication.. and that is exactly what happened.. I will be personally answering phones and handling service I am just waiting for new equipment to be delivered to me that will allow me portable hands free talk, So I can work in the wharehouse and handle calls.
Old Feb 12, 2006 | 04:58 PM
EvoM Administrator

Steer this thread back on topic. That thread has already been thoroughly discussed and addressed in other threads. That's not what this one is about.
Old Feb 12, 2006 | 08:15 PM
Evolving Member

ok so the front and rear match the holes from the standard bumpers but how do i get the side skirts on?
Old Feb 12, 2006 | 09:01 PM
Account Disabled

double sided tape the entire length and two bolts on both ends will fit the skirts on.
Old Feb 12, 2006 | 10:10 PM

body kits are always better when put on by pro
Old Feb 12, 2006 | 10:27 PM
Evolving Member

will holes need to be drilled into the side skirts and when will the toms 2 gb look to be delivered

Last edited by SuckaFree; Feb 12, 2006 at 10:29 PM.

Quick Reply: Accolade Body Kiys