Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Accolade - Evo 9 Front Bumper for the RA finished !!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21, 2006 | 11:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Diavlo
Yeah man, coz Accolade and Cerious really ruined ma ride. Well annoyed at how I've now got a stoopid lookin ride.

Seriously, you guys are all such complainers. That bumper will look great painted and installed - although I'm not going to be one of them, because I like my stock front bumper - uk shorty style.

Can I see the side view of the evo 9 style bumper? I like that...but if it's lower than the front & side like their other kits...I think I will not order them.
Old Jun 21, 2006 | 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

It's about 10mm lower than the sideskirts - my front has no lip because it is a short UK bumper with no re-bar (not required in UK). But I think the rear looks better than stock.

Old Jun 21, 2006 | 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

it is lower but if you get the evo 8 side skirts from accolade (if they still sell them) then they will look just like the stock side skirts but will be a little lower and match the rear.
BTW Diavlo, is that RRM's hood or VIS? Its the one i want.
Old Jun 21, 2006 | 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

RRM's... and I dont want the Accolade side skirts because I think they look like cardboard cutouts!
Old Jun 21, 2006 | 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

definately. Didn't RRM make some new toned down side skirts for their kit? maybe those would look better.
Old Jun 21, 2006 | 05:54 PM
Evolving Member

accolades side skirts are the same size as stock i tried on and it was the same distance from the floor only difference was it ran up higher on the body at the front.
Old Jun 27, 2006 | 08:28 AM
Evolving Member

ON TOPIC- the bumper looks good, and identicle to the REAL IX front but like the others said its a bit on the short side, and needs grills.

OFFTOPIC- all you guys complaining about fake building fake evos and and why do companys make kits that look like the evo. bla bla bla Quit your *****in. #1 be lucky you can get a kit for under $600 when I have to pay 850 for a front bumper. The company is gonna make what i see's a market for. Plain and simple if you dont like it...DONT BUY IT!
Old Jun 27, 2006 | 08:33 AM

I like them at first looking at them.....
but after seeing the side below..... I changed my mind!

Your car suppose to be good looking one but....now I can't think of anything, it just look weird without the front lip or replacement low bumper to match the rear bumper.... so is the side, need a same height matching side skirt.... now it's a little waste.... hope you will have the rest of the kit soon .....but not accolade..their kit won't match the rear bumper at all.
Old Jun 27, 2006 | 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

^^^Accolade made that rear bumper
Old Jun 27, 2006 | 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

No lips exist for my front bumper, as its UK spec and completely flat from the headlamps down - and has now been discountinued anyway, new UK lancers have different IX style bumpers with a lip.

I would have bought Accolade's side skirts but they just dont have the curves that the stock sides do.

Finally, My rear bumper was too high anyway so it looked silly before, there was no lip for that either because it was completely flat at the back with no "***" like mine has now.
Old Jun 28, 2006 | 07:01 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by drucea
^^^Accolade made that rear bumper
We know & I think he knows too...but I think he is trying to say that the rest of their kit won't match or line up to this rear bumper even though these kits are made by accolade.
Old Jun 28, 2006 | 07:10 AM
Evolving Member

No lips exist for my front bumper, as its UK spec and completely flat from the headlamps down - and has now been discountinued anyway, new UK lancers have different IX style bumpers with a lip.
Too bad, you should try to get someone to send or import you a lip from Japan

I would have bought Accolade's side skirts but they just dont have the curves that the stock sides do.
Good choice, don't get their side skirt (cardboard) & the height will still be higher than this rear bumper, it only waste $ to get their side skirt that doesn't match....

Finally, My rear bumper was too high anyway so it looked silly before, there was no lip for that either because it was completely flat at the back with no "***" like mine has now.
Your IX rear bumper does look a lot better.... you have made a good choice on this...
Old Jun 28, 2006 | 11:36 AM
Evolved Member

Thanks - it aint perfect, as in it doesnt line up with the skirts, but I didnt like my stock one even more, and the main reason I bought it was to go with the shaven cerious trunk lid!

I do wish I could get a lip for the front of mine though, I'll have to find an asian-spec one.
Old Jun 28, 2006 | 12:08 PM
Evolved Member

find a company that does custom kits and have a front and side lips made for it.
Old Jun 28, 2006 | 12:10 PM
Evolving Member

no offence but your car is like a mullet. all business up front and a party in the back. But hey i think the back gets

Quick Reply: Accolade - Evo 9 Front Bumper for the RA finished !!