Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My Red Rice Wagon!! First Pics!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2006, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Flybert
Kind of reminds be a volvo in the back but the front is all rounded. Round in front, square in back. When did this model come out? Never seen one. All I know is that it will be cool to stuff surfboards back there. I'd love to have a wagon one day.
2004 is the only year it was imported in the US from Japan. And only offered in automatic transmission.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by ddcha
I will get tints, probably 20% in the rears and 35% for the driver and passenger side windows (don't wanna get pulled over in NJ).

i would suggest to get the same tint all around or darker only on the back windows. having darker tint on the front then the back windon would catch my attention.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mattjkim
i would suggest to get the same tint all around or darker only on the back windows. having darker tint on the front then the back windon would catch my attention.
Thats would look a bit backwards?

I went with 20% up front driver/passenger windows, and the other windows are all 10% (of course front windscreen isnt tinted). In Australia the RA/VRX Wagons come with privacy tint as standard from the b pillar back which is around 30% or something.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by otter
Keep those rims but paint them. Leave the eyelids off, and put that thing on coilovers Finally, contact EvoDave about having him black out that 2' tall reverse light.
LOL. I agree, im sorry but those tail lights are hidious, but thats just my opinion
Old Nov 27, 2006, 12:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by benny_ralliart
LOL. I agree, im sorry but those tail lights are hidious, but thats just my opinion
No need to apologize. I'll take all the bad with the good comments! I love it so far. In terms of performance, my 5 speed was hands down faster. But I noticed when I'm traveling at 70-75mph on the highway, it doesn't kick into MIVEC at all. The RPMs hang around 3000, which is a gas saver I guess. My 5 speed was at 3500 at 70mph, at which I could hear the MIVEC. Is this common with all automatics?
Old Nov 27, 2006, 01:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ddcha
No need to apologize. I'll take all the bad with the good comments! I love it so far. In terms of performance, my 5 speed was hands down faster. But I noticed when I'm traveling at 70-75mph on the highway, it doesn't kick into MIVEC at all. The RPMs hang around 3000, which is a gas saver I guess. My 5 speed was at 3500 at 70mph, at which I could hear the MIVEC. Is this common with all automatics?
Yeah, this is common with all of the auto's. My car doesn't hit MIVEC until 83 mph. It makes highway driving a lot better that's for sure.
Old Nov 27, 2006, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

ddcha, PM sent about the bug deflector, I dont know if you already have one or not, but you can buy mine if you'd like it.

*ps* it wasn't on my car when I had my accident
Old Nov 27, 2006, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

A guy who plays on my mens league ice hockey team has a yellow ralliart wagon..........i think they are awesome...yours is very nice
Old Nov 27, 2006, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ralliart50
Yeah, this is common with all of the auto's. My car doesn't hit MIVEC until 83 mph. It makes highway driving a lot better that's for sure.
About the only thing I missed about the auto. I wouldn't mind driving one again for a day, just to see the difference again.
Old Nov 28, 2006, 11:10 PM
Evolving Member

Nice Sportback. I just that means I'm not the only red one anymore on the site.

I did all my windows the same tint. It's a step lighter than limo tint cause I needed to see at night. The tint makes a big change in the look of the car.

Wheels are good looking but by the time you pay for powdercoating you could almost afford a cheap set of aftermarket wheels.

There is a tail light cover made for the Evo wagon that would fit. It covers the top non funtional area. But your looking at alot of time and work to get it and I don't know if it's worth it.

Cant wait to see what you do with it. I've been kinda stalled cause of money.

-Joe
Old Nov 29, 2006, 04:40 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Joe Cool
Nice Sportback. I just that means I'm not the only red one anymore on the site.

I did all my windows the same tint. It's a step lighter than limo tint cause I needed to see at night. The tint makes a big change in the look of the car.

Wheels are good looking but by the time you pay for powdercoating you could almost afford a cheap set of aftermarket wheels.

There is a tail light cover made for the Evo wagon that would fit. It covers the top non funtional area. But your looking at alot of time and work to get it and I don't know if it's worth it.

Cant wait to see what you do with it. I've been kinda stalled cause of money.

-Joe
Joe! My long-lost brother! Thanks for your post. I'm trying to sell my rims. Looking to downsize to 16s for a more comfortable ride. The tail lights don't bother me at all. Would I have designed it differently? most definitely. But I'm not about to put any money into modifying them. Don't expect too much in terms of mods. I'm a family man, who wants to keep the warranty intact. One question. Is your exhaust pipe angle cut? I noticed this yesterday. My 05 was a straight cut.
Old Nov 29, 2006, 06:51 AM
Evolving Member

^Yup...mine is angle cut also...I remember that cause I installed the Mitsu exhaust finisher tip myself!
Old Dec 1, 2006, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

Strange mine was a straight cut. I also put the finisher chrome cover on it.

I also have a family and a six month old baby so my time to play with the car and car funds are fairly low. My job is also a bit shaky right now so I'm off any projects till that's taken care of.

I'd love to do the light weight pully and intake, header & exaust at some point. Maybe some black rims and spings or coil overs. It will get done a little bit at a time.

I drool over the turbo and stuff but it's not realistic money or smog wise.

Oh yea, the US rear bumper annoys me. It's too long. A JDM or Euro rear bumper would be my first body mod. If I did any. It just look SO much better being half as long.

-Joe
Old Dec 4, 2006, 09:20 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Joe Cool

Oh yea, the US rear bumper annoys me. It's too long. A JDM or Euro rear bumper would be my first body mod. If I did any. It just look SO much better being half as long.

-Joe
Yep, the rear bumper is a little long, but doesn't bother me enough to wanna drop some cash there. BTW, how many miles you get out of a tank? So far, it seems like I'm getting a little less than what my 5spd gave me, but I assume it's because I make a lot of short trips.
Old Dec 5, 2006, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

MPG is significantly worse on this automatic Sportback compared to my manual 05 RA. I'm averaging like 22mpg vs. 28 before.