Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Accolade hood question

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2007, 07:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accolade hood question

I bought an evo 8 hood (fiberglass) from a local dealer, my car is a 2006 ralliart, the hodd had a few minor issues that i repaired, looks good for paint, darn if i waited to try and put it on the car till afterwards, it does not fit right, side to side everything ok, front seems alright but i have not figured out how to adjust the lock yet, but the part of the hood that touches the weatherstrip portion just under the window is stopping it from sitting flush with the fenders, tried removing the strip just to see but still not enough, this hood is suppose to fit this car, i seen their site, same hood, is there something i am missing here? is there a vertical adjustment on the hinges or something? Any help would really be appreciated guys...and i did search but nothing.
Old Mar 17, 2007, 07:17 PM
Account Disabled

What dealer did you get this hood?
Old Mar 17, 2007, 07:20 PM

Southside Mitsubishi in Edmonton Alberta, why?
Old Mar 17, 2007, 07:25 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Edmralliart
Southside Mitsubishi in Edmonton Alberta, why?
Okay because that means this hood is very old, its fiberglass so if they stored it for a very long time it might not be perfect.. Also that hood is many years old and our current hoods are lighter and built better..

Perhaps it would be best to return it and buy direct, because there are very big differences on our new ones.. they will last years on the new ones.. also the old hoods were built with 2 part seams, but the new construction has a top panel and the lower part is riveted..
Old Mar 17, 2007, 07:42 PM

well i have already played with the darn thing, better then it was when i got it, so you are saying that this hood will not fit this car? no way to make it fit right?
Old Mar 17, 2007, 08:20 PM
Account Disabled

well i have already played with the darn thing, better then it was when i got it, so you are saying that this hood will not fit this car? no way to make it fit right?
Im not sure because each part is different, and its a very old version, so I cant be much help unfortuantely. But the new ones fit perfect.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 11:36 AM

has anyone had the older hoods that accolade made for the 2004-2006 ralliart? how did you get it to fit?
Old Mar 19, 2007, 05:31 PM
Account Disabled

That hood is discontinued 3 years ago, as far as I know everyone on the forum that i have seen has the new ones.
Old Mar 19, 2007, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if it needs to pull forward which will then cause it to pull away from the weatherstripping..... mabey that would work if im understanding correctly. drill out the holes in the hinges to move it.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 01:16 PM
Evolved Member

has anyone had the older hoods that accolade made for the 2004-2006 ralliart? how did you get it to fit?
i have the first gen hood, it did not fit well at all, it took me another 10 hrs of fitting and refinishing, but i know the newer one's are better now.
Old Mar 21, 2007, 05:51 PM

well i tried to return and now i am getting grief, i am advised that the hood as far as the mnf is concerned will fit my car, so i need to make it fit! Great. the only way i can see a fit is to cut out the portion that touches the weather striping part Modern racer how did you finally get it to fit? it looks like it would be stron enough if i cut that piece out and then re-fiberglassed around the edges again to make it smooth, i don't mind doing it if i have to, but i want to make sure its not going to fall apart, i got a very good deal on it, "now i know why" so a little elbow grease etc would be ok, i sent accolade an e-mail i read somewhere in here that there are directions from them to make the older ones fit but i have searched and searched and can't find it, i really need a hand here guys please, thanks
Old Mar 21, 2007, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

thats exactly how i had to do it, i removed about 4" of the rear portion of the hood that touches the cowl on the car, then is was no problem, i think this fitment was an oversite on they'er part
Old Mar 21, 2007, 07:01 PM

your a good man thanks, thats what i will do then, what did you use to cut the fiberglass, dremel with fiber wheel? what about the latch? did you have to do anything there? did u use hood pins? thanks again modern racer for the help.
Old Mar 22, 2007, 04:07 AM
Evolved Member

Yes i used a Die grinder on the edge, after that the hood will fit perfeclty, Don't touch the latch or any ohter part of the hood, that is all you need to do. I will be installing hood pins very shortly, but just for looks more than anything, but you never know either, i will have New pictures of my car as soon as it comes out of storage. Good luck with your project
Old Mar 22, 2007, 11:46 AM

Many thanks again, think i will dremel it out, then fiber glass it smooth again back to the inside of the hood for strength, seen your video, very cool, i will post pics of the car when i am done as well, having the hood painted red like the car, also designed plexi cover for the hood for rain that will work in a pinch , i hate dirty engines, clean cars are faster LOL.

Quick Reply: Accolade hood question