Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Slightly restyled Accolade front bar

Search this Thread

Old May 31, 2007 | 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Slightly restyled Accolade front bar

Several months ago I picked up a Accolade body kit it consisted of side skirts front and rear bar eyelids and quarter panels it was boxed to me in this huge wooden box and extremely well packed... after removing everything out of the box and after what seemed like hours of inspecting every piece ever so carefully I could find no fault with it it was perfect so quality test was done now comes fitment after test fitting everything up again no problems the only thing that I did not have luck with doing is the quarter panels but that was a time thing I have never fitted quarter panels up before but unfortunately I got a call in from work and had to get the car back on the road ASAP so was unable to spend any time fitting it up - it is on my to do list but not right now

I have never been really happy with the designs that are available for our car but decided on the Evo 8 front bar as there seemed to be more options available for altering it if need be I will eventually get the Evo9 front bar hopefully at the end of this year as a "new look swap over"

After talking to a friend who is a boat builder we dicussed how to change the look slightly and it ended up being a very easy fix we removed the diamond logo and then squared off the smiley face and gave the lower grill section more angle so that it is now following lines along the bonett, and the rest of the nose of the front bar so when the mesh gets inserted it is going to be on the same angle rather than being flat - the job itself did not take long at all probably no more than 10 hours were spent doing this and that is including waiting for fiberglass to cure

I have not had it painted yet as I only managed to pick it up yesterday and did the final fit today after I write this the front bar will be off to get painted up hopefully will have final pics with it installed in 2 weeks time as that will be when I will be able to get time to refit it back on

I know that in the pics that it appears that it is not lined up but that is because I have not got it fully bolted onto the car - there was no need as the fitment was perfect... also I think it will look much better when we get the black mesh put in there as at the moment the hardware that you see just looks plain ugle
Attached Thumbnails Slightly restyled Accolade front bar-picture-388.jpg   Slightly restyled Accolade front bar-picture-391.jpg  

Last edited by chowetime; May 31, 2007 at 08:58 PM.
Old May 31, 2007 | 10:36 PM
Evolved Member

Wow looking hot Christine!

Awesome stuff, the long awaited bar I have been waiting to see hehe, niceee!

I notice the side picture, the bar is slightly upwards, is that going to be fixed or left that way?

When its painted plus mesh grill at the back, it would look very mean!
Old May 31, 2007 | 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

It is probably not the best place for me to of taken that pic as the driveway is sloped so it accentuates the angle of the nose that bit more - I am guessing that your referring to the nose section if you mean the sides themselves why they are not lined up is that I was lazy and did not bolt it up just for the pic but more for my own referrence to how good it is to bolt up... seriously tho mate if you were ever thinking of getting one of these kits you can't go wrong... even my friend the boat builder and the spraypainter all said the same thing it is one of the best kits that they have ever had to work with there are no ripples/waves in the glass and is very thick, strong and has been reinforced in impact areas or areas of stress...

The prep work that I spent on making the kit ready for painting was minimal I probably spent 1 hour on each piece just sanding it back to get rid of the orange skin effectbut anyone would be doing the same anyway and I did not have to use any bodyfiller to fill in holes, cracks etc

One of the pics here was taken a couple of weeks ago and the other one just outside the carport even tho the ground still slopes awaythere is a difference in alround height which is going to be good for carpark driving and smashing into speed humps etc
Attached Thumbnails Slightly restyled Accolade front bar-front-bare-semi-fitted.jpg   Slightly restyled Accolade front bar-picture-384.jpg  

Last edited by chowetime; May 31, 2007 at 11:01 PM.
Old May 31, 2007 | 11:13 PM
Evolved Member

Those pics are awesome, the 1st one!

Yes you're definitely correct, those angles made it a bit upwards then it should be but those pics, yeah yeah!

Looks mean and I like how your eyelids are even and not obviously put on, they make the lights look like that!
Old Jun 1, 2007 | 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

the eyelids are also Accolades and they both fitted perfectly and easily... in fact the whole kit from Accolade is an easy kit for anyone to fit up themselves but you do need 2 people to help out with the sideskirts... and remember not to rush it if it takes an extra couple of hours then take the extra time to get the prep right and drill the holes correctly meaning that you use paper masking tape to mask up were the holes are to be drilled then use a very sharp small 3mm drill bit one that is used for plastics and fiberglass then move up to the next size drill bit say 8mm/10mm this way the glass will not fracture or split and then just bolt it up
Old Jun 1, 2007 | 01:37 PM
Evolved Member

Is that the evo 8 version from ACCOLADE?
Old Jun 1, 2007 | 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Yep that is.

Christine, how did you remove the grill! I want mine removed, want mesh behind it! haha

I don't believe no-one has done this yet on an 06.
Old Jun 1, 2007 | 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Yes it is the Evo 8 what we did was remove the triangle and then cut the side pieces near the headlights then because it has a more rounded grill area we made a flat piece of fiber glass - then bogged it into placewhile holding it in place with clamps then cut and trim away the bits that were not needed fitted it up to the car ralised that there was a reasonable back slope on the grill area so we built that area up and then worked out what needed to be removed/trimmed up

I know it seems like something that is difficult to do but because the Accolade kit was so well made it made this all the more easier to do
Attached Thumbnails Slightly restyled Accolade front bar-picture-375.jpg   Slightly restyled Accolade front bar-evo-8-front-bar.jpg