Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Accolade Kits

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2007, 02:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accolade Kits

I'm looking at getting a kit, and am curious how others have fared with Accolade, or whomever it is over at body-kit.com
Any feedback would be appreciated, and specifically I'm looking at the Hyper Kit.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

I bought the Evo 8 style hood, from accolade. Great Product, and fast shipping. Need a little bit of fitting but all ok in the end. For me, it was a good experience to buy from them.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

I bought the complete kit front guards, front bar, rear bar and side skirts I have not got them on the car as yet due to paint problems ( spray painters issues) but when I test fitted them up the were a perfect fit... packaging was perfect, customer service was more than perfect before and after the kit was bought

Quality of the kit was incrediably good probably the best made kit I have come across

I am even considering buying there EvoX kit from them
Old Aug 19, 2007, 09:07 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Be prepared to use lots of fiberglass/bondo an tons of sanding.
Oh an dont bother calling or PMing them for anything after they have got your money.
If i could do it all over again i would have gone RRM
My personal experience
Fitment=C+
Quality=C
Customer service=F-
Old Aug 20, 2007, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man if I had a dime for everytime I heard that, I'd probly go out and buy the RRM body kit
Old Aug 20, 2007, 06:58 AM
Ranger's Robin

Originally Posted by GearDownSon
Be prepared to use lots of fiberglass/bondo an tons of sanding.
Oh an dont bother calling or PMing them for anything after they have got your money.
If i could do it all over again i would have gone RRM
My personal experience
Fitment=C+
Quality=C
Customer service=F-
same here, I bought one for my old lancer and waited three months for them to ship it, tried calling their California office and couldn't get anyone to answer, ended up getting a number for another office in the same building and they said no one was ever there...

Once I finally did get ahold of them they said that they didn't have the kit I wanted yet but I could piece together another one if I wanted... I just said fawk it.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

It is strange to hear so many thoughts and comments about other peoples experiences and it makes me wonder why I got such terrific service... could it be simply that because I went thru there office in Sri Lanka that made the difference... who knows... and the fitment issues that people have had... mine fitted up perfectly, no having to add bits of glass here and there I did not even have to sand anything off the sideskirts were they tuck into the wheel well ( in previous experiences with other kits this has always had to be filed back)... and quality ... this is alsways more apparent when a kit is painted mine came up a treat

If there was anything to complain about that would be there use of sticky tape to tape the protective bubble wrap onto the corners - if left too long the gum/glue from the sticky tape does penetrate the gel coat/high putty filler and can leave marks which are very hard to remove even after sanding - solution use a paper masking tape
Old Aug 20, 2007, 11:00 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by chowetime
It is strange to hear so many thoughts and comments about other peoples experiences and it makes me wonder why I got such terrific service... could it be simply that because I went thru there office in Sri Lanka that made the difference... who knows... and the fitment issues that people have had... mine fitted up perfectly, no having to add bits of glass here and there I did not even have to sand anything off the sideskirts were they tuck into the wheel well ( in previous experiences with other kits this has always had to be filed back)... and quality ... this is alsways more apparent when a kit is painted mine came up a treat

If there was anything to complain about that would be there use of sticky tape to tape the protective bubble wrap onto the corners - if left too long the gum/glue from the sticky tape does penetrate the gel coat/high putty filler and can leave marks which are very hard to remove even after sanding - solution use a paper masking tape
As far as the customer service issue goes, I think that more has to do with their US representation rather than Accolade itself. However, I've heard very little complaining about Accolade lately. I don't know if that's because they've had a lower-profile presence on the forums lately, or if they've improved.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 11:38 AM
Evolved Member

I'm not sure either, but I do know GDS has had his kit for a while now, so it may be the case It does seem that I have heard more positive things as of late, but I would still be very cautious and keep my sights set real low if I ordered from them.

Last edited by DangerousDan; Aug 20, 2007 at 11:42 AM.
Old Aug 20, 2007, 02:14 PM
Account Disabled

Accolade hasnt had much of any complaints in a VERY long time.. because we are doing an exceptional good job these days..

Last edited by Dave@Accolade; Aug 20, 2007 at 02:46 PM.
Old Aug 21, 2007, 02:00 AM
Evolved Member

yeah I have to start thinking about that other order I was meaning to do... the EVO 9 front bar... maybe the hood I don't know yet... I love it but a metal one would be better just keep the local police and insurance people happy
Old Aug 21, 2007, 02:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Whats the issue with cops/insurance chowetime?
Old Aug 21, 2007, 02:57 AM
Evolved Member

It is highly illegal to have fiberglass bonnet on a car that is driven on the road F/G bonnets are deemed as suitable for "Off Road Use only" due to lack of crumple zones... insurance companies also feel that way inclined with F/G bonnets but are fine with other parts of bodykits because the height of which a bonnet will strike a person (head height) - it acts more like a gillotine
Old Aug 29, 2007, 08:46 PM
Evolving Member

does accolade have any urethane body kits for the ralliart?