Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

JDM Wind Deflectors? AND Carbon Fiber Shifter Console

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2007, 11:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
JDM Wind Deflectors? AND Carbon Fiber Shifter Console

Hey, I'm wondering who all has seen the JDM style wind deflectors. I know the Street Tuner from a while back had a sick red evo with them on the doors. I personally think they're bad ***, but wondering what everybody else thinks, and if anybody knows where to get them. I know the mistsubishi parts website has them but theres no picture of them on. Any help with this one? Also...has anybody found other sellers of the carbon fiber shifter console? I know theres a post about them in the EVO section and that they'll fit, but personally I hate the gray color of our column...What does everybody think?
Old Dec 19, 2007, 02:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I didn't know there was a difference between the USDM and JDM wind deflectors..

As for the centerconsole I have no problems with it. If anything I kinda like the color since my car is majority gray anyways. Also most of the CF shifter consoles are overlays unless you buy a Ralliart one. CF is nice, but mines would just get scratched up.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 03:20 PM
Plat Vendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Whats the difference between the USDM and JDM wind deflectors?
Old Dec 19, 2007, 03:47 PM
Evolved Member

^i dont think theres a diff. at all, its probably what the add said.........kinda like ebay saying jdm when you know its made in the US and is the same as US parts.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 03:55 PM
Plat Vendor

I wouldnt see why there would be a difference unless they are made of some other material (i.e. CF), but I havent seen that.

I normally stock the OEM Wind Deflectors though. Shoot me a PM if you are interested in snatching up a set.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 03:55 PM
Evolving Member

i was browsing on lacnershop.com and they have them on there and im not completely positive if they will fit because they are for a evo.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 04:08 PM
Plat Vendor

I have 2 sets in stock (free ground shipping if ordered by the end of the month)

http://www.mitsubishiparts.net/cart/...&pn=MZ562635EX
Old Dec 19, 2007, 08:48 PM

do you have pics of those...and i just said jdm because on some cars i.e the new acuras I know alot of people are riding with them now, in japan at least...I'm yet to see anybody roll of the floor with those here...But I would love to see those with pics! And who makes the overlay for the console? because I don't really care about real cf I just don't like the gray because all mines black and red...
Old Dec 20, 2007, 08:17 AM
Evolved Member

As far as the wind visors.. everyone has them here......

I don't know who makes the overlay, but from what I know of you can just spray paint it and put a thick clear coat on it.
Old Dec 20, 2007, 11:10 AM

Well I'll keep looking I guess...But as to where I live, nobody drives with them...As in I'm yet to see a single person with an import rollin with em to any meet I've been to in a few years...But maybe I haven't looked hard enough. Well I don't want it like a gloss black though because it wouldn't match. Or well it wouldn't look bad, it just wouldn't match. Any ideas as to what to use to replicate the dash texture?
Old Dec 20, 2007, 08:51 PM
Evolved Member

Um... are you talking about the centerconsole for the gloss black?? You can just rock a matte black... There isn't a way to match the texture of the dash, good luck with that one... Maybe a stucco texture? haha