Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Flip's Whip

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2011, 05:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Told you to go 215/40 I think for our cars, that is the magic tire size for flush-ness
Old Jan 19, 2011, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Flip
for rolling i used a heat gun and a rubber mallet, took my time and carefully watched my work as it was being done.
for the pulling, i only had to bring it out just a tiny bit, not like K3lv's monster +20 17x9's lol. so i just did the phone book method first, but just ended up using a wedge (more like a rubber lever in a way) to apply under the fender lip where i needed it, jacked up one wheel at a time, stuck it under the fender,lowered the jack a little, used a heat gun and just pushed down. the oval end of the tool pushes the fender out as i applied pressure to it downwards, giving me just the clearance i needed. now to just figure out if i can somehow grind down the plastic where the tire rubs on in the front. ill think of something.
-Flip
lol ah ok you did the DIY roll and pull. I had a couple of friends on their Integra and some on their BMW's that used rubber mallets and some used poles lol. Nice job tho can't even tell you used something other then a fender roller.

Oh hey did you get my text, about the deal we talked about in the PM?

and yeah i asked Kelv a while back about the tire size. And he is correct from your experience. i'm definitely going 215/40 once i drop. lol
Old Jan 19, 2011, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by k3lv
Told you to go 215/40 I think for our cars, that is the magic tire size for flush-ness
haha yea, ima see if i can just get them switched out.

@NC BBoy--yea i got your text bro, i was sleeping but i read it, but im down. ima hit the guy up and let him know the whats up. but sounds like a good plan.
-Flip
Old Jan 19, 2011, 11:37 PM
Evolving Member

Double Post

Last edited by Flip; Jan 21, 2011 at 01:16 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 07:52 AM
Evolving Member

hey guys, update: so i couldnt take the 215/45 tires rubbing the inside of my plastic fender liner anymore, so i talked to my wheel guy and he swapped them out with 215/40's, omg soooo much better! like K3lv said, "215/40 is the magic number for the flushness" lol i can vouch for that
-Flip

Last edited by Flip; Jan 21, 2011 at 01:17 AM.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 08:14 AM
Evolving Member

oh and another thing guys, i would like your opinion on. im getting my intake mani pnp'ed. i was thinking of getting it done in white, cause i was going to do my valve cover in white. you think that would look ok? or just stay with the red theme i have going on? leave me some feedback. thanks
-Flip
Old Jan 20, 2011, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

I think white mani and white valve cover with those 4 red egg shaped things on the valve cover in red and keep the strut bar and intake red too.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 01:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lancerralli06
I think white mani and white valve cover with those 4 red egg shaped things on the valve cover in red and keep the strut bar and intake red too.
^^+1
imo red and white look good, i say white vc w/ the red things and letters, and white mani....(since its kinda covered by EVERYTHING i think its kinda pointless to make some kinda detailing on it..)

if its just plain white on white and some red off to the side it just looks odd...like sumns missing...
Old Jan 20, 2011, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

what about painting it gold to match the wheels and go white and gold?

if it was between white and red though, I would stay red. I think white would be too dirty too often and I think it looks good with a bit of colour.
Old Jan 20, 2011, 01:29 PM
Hail to the Beard

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Flip
hey guys, update: so i couldnt take the 215/45 tires i had rubbing the inside of my plastic fender liner anymore, so i talked to my wheel guy and he swapped them out with 215/40's, omg soooo much better! like K3lv said, "215/40 is the magic number for the flushness" lol i can vouch for that
-Flip
Pics!
Old Jan 20, 2011, 01:46 PM

damnit, I just bought 215/45s haha
Old Jan 20, 2011, 04:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Joshua.
damnit, I just bought 215/45s haha
well it will work, just have to do some rolling and a slight pull. what size are your wheels?
-Flip
Old Jan 20, 2011, 04:40 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Antonovich
what about painting it gold to match the wheels and go white and gold?

if it was between white and red though, I would stay red. I think white would be too dirty too often and I think it looks good with a bit of colour.
i was thinking, white intake mani, and white valve cover with the 4 ovals gold.
may even do the strut bar in gold aswell. lol that means ill have to powder coat the intake gold too. haha.

but then i was on the fence for making it red, with gold. sounded nice too.
red intake mani, red/gold valve cover, and keep everything else the same. ill have to play around with it and see what looks good.
-FLip
Old Jan 20, 2011, 04:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by parrishr13
Pics!
the pics would look just like the others i posted, just not as much meat on the tires. ima keep the 215/40's for now, and keep seeing what i can do with that plastic in the fron wheel wells, once i get it figured out, ill get the 215/45's again.
i could either cut that piece out where it hits, use a heat gun and try and mold it flat, or maybe even sand/grind it down to make it work. i also have to re-check the rears, i think i need to pull out a little in one certain spot, i hear it scrap right before i traded the tires in. ill let you guys know what i come up with.
-Flip
Old Jan 20, 2011, 06:31 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
The white and gold under the hood sounds nice bro. I'd say go for that and be original

Quick Reply: Flip's Whip