Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Flip's Whip

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 02:04 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Make sure you get the tune bro or your going to get a system to lean code.
Luckily I'm deploying so I can wait till I get back.
With the pnp manifold,65mm TB and CAI lol I threw a CEL. The car runs great actually but I know I'm not getting the most power out of it because I need a tune.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nc_bboy
Make sure you get the tune bro or your going to get a system to lean code.
Luckily I'm deploying so I can wait till I get back.
With the pnp manifold,65mm TB and CAI lol I threw a CEL. The car runs great actually but I know I'm not getting the most power out of it because I need a tune.
yea, im going to use the re flash to optimize everything. good looking out bro
-FLip
Old Feb 2, 2011, 02:16 PM
Evolving Member

Yeah once you get the reflash let me know how it is. I'm ready to get it, I just don't have the money to dish out yet. Haha
Old Feb 6, 2011, 04:15 PM
Evolving Member

will do bro

UPDATE: installed my base shifter buschings, shifting is smoother, pretty easy install.
i thought it would be more, but i guess reading all the good reviews hyped it up too much for me, but it does feel nice.

-Flip
Old Feb 6, 2011, 05:52 PM
Evolving Member

Flip do you have the underhood bushing too? I got the base bushings to start with and it felt much less squishy and more smooth, but nothing like I thought it would be with all the hype. Then I got the underhood bushings too and it felt much better, I think the 2 together made it feel like the difference I was anticipating from all the reviews. I think I might switch the underhood bushings to the poly ones with the salty roads in WI.

I'm thinking about the reflash too, do you know how the price with the core charge works? I'm kind of confused.
Old Feb 6, 2011, 08:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by lancerralli06
Flip do you have the underhood bushing too? I got the base bushings to start with and it felt much less squishy and more smooth, but nothing like I thought it would be with all the hype. Then I got the underhood bushings too and it felt much better, I think the 2 together made it feel like the difference I was anticipating from all the reviews. I think I might switch the underhood bushings to the poly ones with the salty roads in WI.

I'm thinking about the reflash too, do you know how the price with the core charge works? I'm kind of confused.
yea i have both bushings, it does feel better but i guess i was expecting more, i dunno. as for the reflash....core charge? no no, you just send your ecu or an extra one you have lying around and send that to hackish, youll have to ask about the price. after he gets the money and your ecu, he will reflash it then send it back. hopefully the software will be ready soon so we can flash it ourselves, and the waiting time on shipping will be none existent.
-Flip
Old Feb 6, 2011, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

Ohh ok thanks man, I've been looking into the re-flashe in the past few days and went through the Hackish Reflash Review thread twice. Maybe you could answer some other questions I have about it. When the software comes out with the cable, can I just plug the cable from my laptop to the ecu and hit go and it will flash it and accommodate my mods(catback,sri,udp,throttle body)? Or will I have to go into the software and manually alter stuff? I'm a complete noob with tuning and don't want to have to alter stuff lol
Old Feb 7, 2011, 04:47 AM
Evolving Member

Ohh ok thanks man, I've been looking into the re-flashe in the past few days and went through the Hackish Reflash Review thread twice. Maybe you could answer some other questions I have about it. When the software comes out with the cable, can I just plug the cable from my laptop to the ecu and hit go and it will flash it and accommodate my mods(catback,sri,udp,throttle body)? Or will I have to go into the software and manually alter stuff? I'm a complete noob with tuning and don't want to have to alter stuff lol
well, you have it about in a nut shell right there, but you really should hit up hackish for the absolute details, i mean it is his product anyways
-Flip
Old Feb 7, 2011, 09:22 PM
Evolving Member

ok so i believe my cv joint is going out, im having the same mystery problem a few of us RA guys have been having with the clicking of the front driver side wheel, it was at first when it was cold and it was when i was turning. but that went away after a few mins of driving, so i thought it was just the grease inside the cv joint not spreading around like it should due to the cold temps im having here. but now i here the clicking every so often while im driving. im going to look into it further in the morning. ill put the car on the lift or just jack it up and play with the axels, and check all other suspension components, see what i find. if it is a my cv joint, im going to change it out myself, ive always wanted to change them out myself, dosnt look TOO hard. if i do change it out ill take pics and post a how to. another way for us to save some money on minor repairs
-Flip
Old Feb 7, 2011, 09:35 PM
Evolving Member

If you do it yourself, definitely post up a how to and pics, I have a clicking too, but mine does it when moving/turning and when sitting still as well. I'm thinking mine might be the strut bushing, the ball joint, or the cv joint. Let us know Flip! It's been way too cold here for me to want to lay on the concrete floor to diagnose ha!
Old Feb 10, 2011, 02:30 AM
Evolving Member

If you do it yourself, definitely post up a how to and pics, I have a clicking too, but mine does it when moving/turning and when sitting still as well. I'm thinking mine might be the strut bushing, the ball joint, or the cv joint. Let us know Flip! It's been way too cold here for me to want to lay on the concrete floor to diagnose ha!
ok well.....the noise has gone away magically, kinda weird , but ima check out the suspension in the morning, make sure i dont have extra play going on anywhere. if i ever do change out my cv joints or anything of the sort ill make sure to take pics and notes. let you guys know how i did it so you can too without getting raped by stealerships or shady mechanics. and because some of you guys are too lazy to even change out brakes , i guess ill do a write up on all that when i get it going too...

also im going to order my DSM brake upgrade stuff, i already have the calipers, im ordering EBC redstuff pads and EBC USR Series Sport Rotors all the way around for $379. and gotta source me some ss lines(all 6).

if your looking to get the EBC setup here are the part numbers, i got them straight from the EBC websites part catalog. (just note that these part numbers are for the EBC Red Stuff Pads, and the EBC USR Series Sport Rotors)

FRONT:
Rotor: USR7104
Pad : DP31614C

REAR:
Rotor: USR7108
Pad: DP31563C

Last edited by Flip; Feb 10, 2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old Feb 10, 2011, 07:10 PM
Evolving Member

ok i take that back, heard that noise again a little bit today,,, getting kind of annoying.

anyways, got my red colored ss brake lines from techna-fit.com on the way, and also my EBC set up. will be hella nice to put everything on. kinda excited...
-Flip
Old Feb 11, 2011, 10:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Flip
ok i take that back, heard that noise again a little bit today,,, getting kind of annoying.

anyways, got my red colored ss brake lines from techna-fit.com on the way, and also my EBC set up. will be hella nice to put everything on. kinda excited...
-Flip
Agency short shifter, aluminum brushed pedals and matching heel guard, cf trunk license plate shroud, and bride boot.... all coming together....
Old Feb 17, 2011, 06:26 AM
Evolving Member

Hey Flip, I couldn't sleep last night lol so I sat up reading around the whole site and went through your whole tread pretty much. Did you ever start a wire tuck on your RA? I was interested in this as well.
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:02 PM
Evolving Member

i havnt had the time just yet, but once i start installing my motor goodies ill see about going that route. that is i dont get a deal on a genesis coupe this weekend, we shall see how it turns out. ill let you know.
-Flip

Quick Reply: Flip's Whip