Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Flip's Whip

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2011, 08:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Its a sad day for the RA but a good day for the new whip

im sad to tell you guys im out of the RA game. it has been awesome and ive meet some cool people. but a deal came on a 2011 Genesis Coupe 2.0T R Spec. and i went for it. i traded in my RA for the car. i took off everything except for the CF hood, Springs, Exhaust, and the Brass bushings. i was trying to keep the hood but it was going to cost $600 to have it shipped from a friends house. sooo yea...didnt happen.
kinda sucks. i did take everything else off so ill be posting up the auction for all that here soon. you vultures be ready for that!!!

here are some pics of the new ride. and the last pic taken on the RA....yea, i almost cried a little.
Attached Thumbnails Flip's Whip-2011-02-19_20-03-06_681.jpg   Flip's Whip-2011-02-20_14-47-59_449.jpg  
Old Feb 21, 2011, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sad day indeed. The dealership should point prospective buyers of your car to this thread, so that they can see how well loved it was.

I like the new ride. Keep in touch.

Last edited by Resurrected RA; Apr 29, 2011 at 06:07 AM.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 09:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How much faster is the Genesis than the RA? How much did the dealer give you for your RA?
Old Feb 21, 2011, 09:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Resurrected RA
Sad day indeed. The dealership should point prosective buyers of your car to this thread, so that they can see how well loved it was.

I like the new ride. Keep in touch.
will do bro, haha ill tell them to take a look at EvoM

ill still be around to check out how everyone is doing.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dacib
How much faster is the Genesis than the RA? How much did the dealer give you for your RA?
210 hp 223 trq, i only got 4k for it, because of the mileage and a few mods i couldnt put back to stock.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

hahaha you better start upgrading that genesis cause honestly in the turbo league they are pretty weak....BUT with some mods they run pretty good...just to give you an idea, a friend of mine bought one and with downpipe, ported stock turbo, a little more boost, blow off valve and REFLASH he did 300 HP on mustang dyno...so you can take some ponnies on those cars without buying some expensive stuff...don't go with the catback to quick because some genesis friends have told me catbacks don't give these cars too much HP for the money you spent...now you have a stock turbo ride which is different..you will se a lot of parts for it that fits perfectly without doing any Home Depot brainstorming...that's pretty good but you will have to pay a bit more...good luck and you bought a good car, just don't stand at the side of a turbo RA ... hahaha take care flip and your thread keep it up...a lof of RA owners have a lot of questions and you have done some good stuff in your RA that everyone can learn from...thanks and it was a pleassure...
Old Feb 21, 2011, 10:38 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by manolo2011
hahaha you better start upgrading that genesis cause honestly in the turbo league they are pretty weak....BUT with some mods they run pretty good...just to give you an idea, a friend of mine bought one and with downpipe, ported stock turbo, a little more boost, blow off valve and REFLASH he did 300 HP on mustang dyno...so you can take some ponnies on those cars without buying some expensive stuff...don't go with the catback to quick because some genesis friends have told me catbacks don't give these cars too much HP for the money you spent...now you have a stock turbo ride which is different..you will se a lot of parts for it that fits perfectly without doing any Home Depot brainstorming...that's pretty good but you will have to pay a bit more...good luck and you bought a good car, just don't stand at the side of a turbo RA ... hahaha take care flip and your thread keep it up...a lof of RA owners have a lot of questions and you have done some good stuff in your RA that everyone can learn from...thanks and it was a pleassure...
thanks for the heads up bro, yea a few mods i have already been thinking about goes along the lines you mentioned. and i will def be coming and going to check up on you guys and see whats what and answer questions, you guys just hit me up!!
Old Feb 25, 2011, 09:46 PM
Hail to the Beard

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn, I just saw your fs thread so I had to come check out what was going on on here. I like your new ride, a lot! Have fun with it (and try to keep it stock)
Old Feb 25, 2011, 10:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by parrishr13
Damn, I just saw your fs thread so I had to come check out what was going on on here. I like your new ride, a lot! Have fun with it (and try to keep it stock)
thanks man, its a blast of a ride, im only planning to change a few things on it. intake and exhaust, reflash and maybe some springs and rims. throw in a BOV and ill be happy too.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 11:54 PM

haha OH MAN!

I JUST sold my 02 lancer and was super interested in purchasing this lancer...

http://albuquerque.craigslist.org/ctd/2256251879.html

Called them and they were like the asking price on it is 8,900.. I was like dang man, but I was hoping I could bargain them down a little haha

So I got a little curious about the 04's... looked through some threads... pearl colored.. WOW that looks familiar... WOW THAT LOOKS REALLY FAMILIAR..

you sold it for 4000!? holy crap they're ****'s!!!
Old Mar 12, 2011, 04:14 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That's it , there's no doubting it. So are you buying?
Old Mar 12, 2011, 05:42 AM
Evolving Member

yeah flip was awesome about updating this thread....at least you know a good deal about the car from this and that it's been well taken care of....even 8900 is a good deal i would say....if you could get them lower, all the better.
Old Mar 12, 2011, 09:53 AM

Well yah I'd love to buy it haha I sat for an hour or so reading through the pages! But sad thing is I MIGHT be able to go 6k on the car so we'll see how it goes.. I'm going in today.. WISH ME LUCK!
Old Mar 12, 2011, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by matthewt
well yah i'd love to buy it haha i sat for an hour or so reading through the pages! But sad thing is i might be able to go 6k on the car so we'll see how it goes.. I'm going in today.. Wish me luck!

good luck!
Old Mar 12, 2011, 12:37 PM
Evolved Member

Do it!! Keep It on the boards!! Thatd be sick man! Good luck

Quick Reply: Flip's Whip