Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Flip's Whip

Search this Thread

Old Nov 7, 2010, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by lancerjdm2.4
by the way i was going to ask you about how you fir your hood very well...mine doesn't look that perfect fit as yours...
the intake is nice man, it pulls harder and it sounds nice when i step on it a bit

as for the hood, did you mean to ask how i installed it? if so i had to friends with me, took off stock hood, placed the CF hood over the hood brackets, hand tightened the fist bolt on each side, closed the lid, made sure it was even going from the front all the way up the sides. then opened the hood, tighted down the first bolt, and then bolted on the second on. then your done. we did the alignment like three times to make sure it was on there straight. it tends to move when you open the hood after aligning it, but you can just push it over a little when you just have it resting on the latch and not locked in.
-Flip

Last edited by Flip; Nov 10, 2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old Nov 10, 2010, 11:41 PM
Evolving Member

picking up one of these bad boys this weekend from someone on the forums,

RRM Timing Box
Flip's Whip-timingbox.jpg

going to be nice when i combo that with the intake, header/dp, and piggy.
later on ive decided to pick up a 2006+ Eclipse GT TB,

ill let you know how the install and how i think about the gains when its all done
-Flip
Old Nov 11, 2010, 02:45 AM

nice ride
Old Nov 11, 2010, 09:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by basm917
nice ride
Thanks man, appreciate it
-FLip
Old Nov 11, 2010, 09:37 PM
Evolving Member

think ima grab one of these,

http://www.2kracing.com/Product/56904.html

i mean they are an awesome price, and if i can get a OEM snorkel from somewhere, ill modify that to fit to my SRI. that plus that 3.8L GT Eclipse TB should be a nice upgrade of my RA's air intake
-Flip
Old Nov 14, 2010, 06:24 PM
Hail to the Beard

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
ˆ Nice find! I have the same CAI as you and after I got hydro-lock, I've been thought about taking my CAI to SRI for some time, but couldn't find a heat shield. I bought the bypass valve instead and haven't had any issues since. Wish I would've seen this link before I bought and installed the bypass valve. If you do get it, please post pics.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by parrishr13
ˆ Nice find! I have the same CAI as you and after I got hydro-lock, I've been thought about taking my CAI to SRI for some time, but couldn't find a heat shield. I bought the bypass valve instead and haven't had any issues since. Wish I would've seen this link before I bought and installed the bypass valve. If you do get it, please post pics.
haha will do! so the bypass worked out real well for you? like you have hit some big puddles and what not and it is still good? i was also considering the bypass but i think the SRI with the modified snorkel and heat sheild will work just the same. ill post the pics as soon as im done.
-FLip
Old Nov 16, 2010, 12:16 PM
Hail to the Beard

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Yea the bypass valve is awesome. When I got hydrolock I drove through a puddle on my way to school (it was raining all day as well). When I left (or tried to) class later that day, my car would not start. Since the install, I've driven through bigger puddles and through more rain and such. I haven't had even a scare, and it was a really easy install. I literally do not even know how to change my oil, but I installed this without any help, and it has never given me any troubles.
Old Nov 16, 2010, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by parrishr13
Yea the bypass valve is awesome. When I got hydrolock I drove through a puddle on my way to school (it was raining all day as well). When I left (or tried to) class later that day, my car would not start. Since the install, I've driven through bigger puddles and through more rain and such. I haven't had even a scare, and it was a really easy install. I literally do not even know how to change my oil, but I installed this without any help, and it has never given me any troubles.
thats good info to know bro, thanks, maybe after i get my other mods on ill think about putting on CAI but as for now the SRI combed with the heat shield and the modified oem snorkel, plus the huge vents on my CF hood that sit above my filter, that should be just as good if not better
-Flip
Old Nov 21, 2010, 02:56 PM
Evolving Member

update.

ok so yea, the piggy i got a while ago was the wrong one. guess there was some mis-communication with me and the seller, it was for an OZ
but i got a friend to buy it, and i got hooked up and im now getting a RRM (Hackish Modified!!) piggy for my RA, AND a Haltech Miniceptor for $200!!! yea both of them for the price of $200, what a freaking sweet deal.

I already installed my RRM timing box, took like 30 secs, the car responds a whole lot better then before. good ish.

the heat sheild and the oem snorkel im going to modify for my SRI is in the mail. ill post up some pics when im done.

-FLip

Last edited by Flip; Nov 21, 2010 at 05:44 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2010, 10:02 PM

interior looks good. not a fan of the rims tho. naw mean?
Old Nov 21, 2010, 11:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Shad123451
interior looks good. not a fan of the rims tho. naw mean?
to each his own. happen to love my rims. changing it up later on though.
-Flip
Old Nov 22, 2010, 02:06 AM

looking good lance...
Old Nov 22, 2010, 11:52 AM
Evolving Member

2kracing's R TEC heat shield review:

i got the R TEC heat shield from 2kracing.com in today, it wasnt a bad piece, there was some corrosion on the inside part (the side that faces the filter when installed) but that is nothing a good scrub with a wire brush will take care of.
as for fitment, it wasnt bad, you can bend the shield the way you needed it to go to fit around your filter, to install it you just take the three tabs that are on it and place them under the metal cuff that holds your filter onto the SRI pipe. it will fit a range of filter sizes.(more info in link)also it covers the filter nicely, id say for a $5 heat shield ($15 with shipping) you cant beat it
here is a pic of it installed and the link
-Flip

Flip's Whip-1290454578941.jpg

http://www.2kracing.com/Product/56904.html

should help a bit with the heat soak from the engine. which is always a plus.

Last edited by Flip; Nov 22, 2010 at 11:54 AM.
Old Nov 22, 2010, 02:35 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks good bro , question though, is it complete where it attaches to th piping or is there a gap?

Quick Reply: Flip's Whip