Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

otter's autocross season

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2009, 11:31 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
otter's autocross season

**Edit: Thread title updated, figured I could just use this thread to post random autoX updates as my season progresses.

Have a vid and some pics (more pics to come) of my Ralliart at Winged Warrior V. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQ2lwi2fCLo

(guy on the left is SmikeEvo, he took first place overall in Class A with his Evo, congrats!)

Not sure of my exact standing in the autocross yet, but I took 3rd place overall for Class F and first place in the Class F Head's Up drags. Good day

For those not familiar with the event, it's an annual shootout in Indianapolis that combines autocrossing, drag racing, slalom, and car show, in order to find the ultimate street cars. It's all put on to benefit the O'Reilly Children's Hospital Cheer Guild, which is a great charity that's in charge of lifting the hopes of all the children that are in O'Reilly Children's Hospital for care/treatment.

Last edited by otter; Jul 11, 2009 at 03:05 PM.
Old May 10, 2009, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats Man!!! I wanted to get there this year but I am in the middle of getting things tweaked in. Hopefully next year for sure. My buddy in Indy was the one taking pics this year, I cant wait to see how they all came out.
Old May 10, 2009, 11:37 AM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by SEEnoEVO
Congrats Man!!! I wanted to get there this year but I am in the middle of getting things tweaked in. Hopefully next year for sure. My buddy in Indy was the one taking pics this year, I cant wait to see how they all came out.
Thanks! You definitely need to make it. It's the most fun autocross I do every year. Both the fastest course and the coolest cars to see run Can't wait to see more pics show up, eager to see some action shots of my car, as well as picture proof of me beating the Saturn Ion Redline in the head's up drags
Old May 10, 2009, 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
thats awesome man, i dont think they have any major events like that around here. grats on 1st and 3rd place. pretty cool stuff

I like the video to. just seems like your car has SO MUCH turbo lag... lol

but nah, your a way better driver than me lol. grats.
Old May 10, 2009, 07:23 PM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by Ralliart_on_LSD
thats awesome man, i dont think they have any major events like that around here. grats on 1st and 3rd place. pretty cool stuff

I like the video to. just seems like your car has SO MUCH turbo lag... lol

but nah, your a way better driver than me lol. grats.
You should come out anyways. SmikeEvo drove here from CT for the weekend just for this event.
Old May 10, 2009, 07:28 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
congrats! The event really seems like it would be alot of fun.
Old May 10, 2009, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

congrats!!!
Old May 11, 2009, 07:50 AM

Nice. Looked like good times.
Old May 11, 2009, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

Nice. Otter I think I should take my RA there. When is the next event? Plus what class what i be under consodering all the mods i have done to my car?
Old May 11, 2009, 12:05 PM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by SSP-Ralliart
Nice. Otter I think I should take my RA there. When is the next event? Plus what class what i be under consodering all the mods i have done to my car?
It's held Mother's Day weekend each year. As for which class you're in, depends if you're willing to reinstall your interior or not. The event, except for the Top Gun class (class for the "all out" fully prepped cars), requires full interior. Here's a link to the full rules:

http://www.wingedwarrior.net/rules/rules.pdf

I'd guess, if you haven't gone turbo yet, you'd probably end up in D. I actually had to slightly demodify my car in order to get into F. I didn't want to be in E because my car isn't quite competitive enough in that class.
Old May 11, 2009, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

Rob, it is always a pleasure to see you down here with us!! You have been with us since the start! You were driving your car around like a mad man! Lol. When we get everyones times up, I bet you out slalomed/out-drove some of the higher class cars! You can't see those glass/crystal trophies too well on the crackberry though! Lol. (Sidenote: let Mike know I have his blue velvet lined display box for his trophy if he wants it! Lol forgot to give those out!)
Old May 11, 2009, 12:36 PM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
Rob, it is always a pleasure to see you down here with us!! You have been with us since the start! You were driving your car around like a mad man! Lol. When we get everyones times up, I bet you out slalomed/out-drove some of the higher class cars! You can't see those glass/crystal trophies too well on the crackberry though! Lol. (Sidenote: let Mike know I have his blue velvet lined display box for his trophy if he wants it! Lol forgot to give those out!)
Great to see you, too, Kevin. One of these days we'll meet up when you're not running around doing 2,000 things at once (get a car and come play with us and the Bucchi's at a MI autocross ) I'll let Mike know to call/PM/e-mail you about that
Old May 12, 2009, 09:52 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well done bud
Old May 13, 2009, 06:47 PM
EvoM Administrator

Fresh stack of tires showed up today. Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs in the stock tire size. I'm doing one more autocross on my current tires (Dunlop Sport Maxx), then will switch over to the monster tires.

Originally Posted by GearDownSon
Well done bud
Thanks
Old May 14, 2009, 08:15 AM
Evolving Member

so does it mean they'll start talking about Ralliarts in the next issues of GRM?

Quick Reply: otter's autocross season