Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

cf hood

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2010, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cf hood

***UPDATE: hood is done, and on... a full weekend of wet sanding and polishing and it's finally on...(sorry for the crappy quality of pics, they were taken on my phone) the fitment is a lil off (sits 1/4 inch too high), but i'm gettin some flush mount carbon hood pins to help take care of the issue

Old May 6, 2010, 11:44 AM

nice, looking into getting a CF hood as well.. looks great!
Old May 7, 2010, 12:14 AM
Evolving Member

great job...i have the hood too...and for turbo it's a great deal...it's really good for cooling purposses... ...grat job...i would sugest to change the grill to the mesh style so it can look in combination with the hood mesh grill vents...
Old May 7, 2010, 12:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
just curious as to where you ordered your hood from
Old May 7, 2010, 12:31 AM
rrd
Evolving Member

i dont think any aftermarket hoods sit flush, mine looks the same as yours, like a half inch too high at the front
Old May 7, 2010, 04:06 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sadness... It looks like my late cf hood... Looks great btw just be careful of retarded vw jetta drivers that's what damaged mine..
Old May 7, 2010, 05:22 AM
Evolving Member

i dont think any aftermarket hoods sit flush, mine looks the same as yours, like a half inch too high at the front
Yes you are right RRD...mine has the same problem...it was a fabrication problem that VIS had...but it seems they never fixed it...but still is a great hood and in my case I really need the vented hood...
Old May 7, 2010, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by manolo2011
Yes you are right RRD...mine has the same problem...it was a fabrication problem that VIS had...but it seems they never fixed it...but still is a great hood and in my case I really need the vented hood...
its soo annoying lol but if i adjust the rubber bump stops down all the way and push down in the middle of the hood it goes down to sit flush... so i bought a set of flush mount hood pins yesterday and i'm putting them on today to help it stay down...i dont know if i can wrap my head aroung the mash grille. i like it in some pics, but in others, not soo much lol i cant make up my mind

just curious as to where you ordered your hood from
I actually bought it from a member on mitsunation.net from alberta. he had painted it flat black and didnt like it. so i snatched it up and spent the weekend wetsanding and polishing it back to a shine lol
Old May 7, 2010, 08:54 AM
rrd
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by roblaza
its soo annoying lol but if i adjust the rubber bump stops down all the way and push down in the middle of the hood it goes down to sit flush... so i bought a set of flush mount hood pins yesterday and i'm putting them on today to help it stay down...i dont know if i can wrap my head aroung the mash grille. i like it in some pics, but in others, not soo much lol i cant make up my mind
haha yeah dude mine does the same thing, if i push on it it'll sit flush. i bought some of those aerocatch hood pins, haven't gotten to installing them yet though, kinda scared about cutting holes in my freshly painted hood
Old May 7, 2010, 09:02 AM

I'm actually in the process of buying that same hood from a EvoM Member...cant wait looks sick. Just wondering about water in engine issues especially because I have A/T and am planning on getting a Ram Intake(can't get CAI with A/T) in the near future so would this be a problem with flooding the intake in rain because of the high mount on it. Was thinking if it's possible to get an autoglass place to put a layer of plexi glass under or over the hood grill.Any suggestions?
Old May 7, 2010, 09:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rrd
haha yeah dude mine does the same thing, if i push on it it'll sit flush. i bought some of those aerocatch hood pins, haven't gotten to installing them yet though, kinda scared about cutting holes in my freshly painted hood
lol thats why im gettin a friend of mine to do them, he's a veteran of installing them and pretty much anything really. he's also making me a prototype engine damper...
Old May 7, 2010, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

mine is A/T and i had the Short Ram and didn't had any problem...remember that when the engine is on, the heat is too much so water will probably evaporate...at least mine has a fiberglass cover in the midddle vent so when the water gets there the heat on the engine will evaporate it...of course not instantly but it will...just don't pop up the hood after a rainy day or after you just washed it...believe me it is really funcional...engine produces a lot of heat radiation so the days you want to go racing or have some fun just remove the fiberglass cover and let the vent free...if you put your hand you literally are going feel the hot air coming out...it's marvellous and for turbo applications is great because of the cooling...so i would still buy it... ...
Old May 7, 2010, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

ya, mine came with a fibreglass piece that screws to the underside of the hood to cover the vents, i chose to take it off. i dont have a SRI YET, but i'm sure it wouldnt be an issue when i do get one...its crazy the amount of heat that comes outta the vents!!! they deffinitely do their job! sittin at a light you can see the heat waves coming out, its fun to watch..

Last edited by roblaza; May 7, 2010 at 02:49 PM.
Old May 7, 2010, 05:36 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wrap the headers then when their wet from rain etc. they steam... Lol