Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

My Pimp Sled - 2004 RA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2011, 03:28 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh no

It will look good but your gunna HATE it.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GearDownSon
Oh no
lol...should i expect it to shatter the first day?
Old Apr 6, 2011, 03:35 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Its REALLY stiff if you havent noticed. My fitment was pretty good id have to say. Make sure you run supports in the rear for the bottom of the bumper. I neglected to do that an i got stress cracks where it is riveted to the support bracket. As for the front...good friggin luck. If you hit ANYTHING be prepared for cracks. I was very cautious an i still managed to hit things. (dead animals on road,things in parking lots,steep inclines, ect.) Its just too low. I didnt hit anything an i had cracks from just bottoming out. Thats the whole reason i went to the evo 8 bumper. I repaired mine twice. I got sick of it.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 03:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GearDownSon
Its REALLY stiff if you havent noticed. My fitment was pretty good id have to say. Make sure you run supports in the rear for the bottom of the bumper. I neglected to do that an i got stress cracks where it is riveted to the support bracket. As for the front...good friggin luck. If you hit ANYTHING be prepared for cracks. I was very cautious an i still managed to hit things. (dead animals on road,things in parking lots,steep inclines, ect.) Its just too low. I didnt hit anything an i had cracks from just bottoming out. Thats the whole reason i went to the evo 8 bumper. I repaired mine twice. I got sick of it.
yeah i was thinking of trying to fit it myself since yours seemed to go on pretty good. I just didn't wanna start drilling the hole in the bumper and **** up....but i think i'll be ok.....i wanna fit it now, but i'll need to wait for paint cause i don't wanna drive around with a multicoloured car lol
Old Apr 6, 2011, 03:51 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

The sideskirts an rear held up good. I just wish i would have added the support beams. Make sure you cut out the back for the tow hook. That will be the ONLY spot you can jack it up at. I had to jack it in the rear,put jack stands under it then go around front an jack it up again. Its REALLY low. I cant stress this enough. All i have is tein springs in the front. Look how much lower my car sits compared to others.

I installed it all myself an had a paint guy spray it. You have to sand it all good an fill in cracks an chips before sending it.

Old Apr 6, 2011, 04:07 PM
Evolving Member

looking at your wheels, i'd say mine is about as low. the original owner put the springs on so i'm not sure what kind they are. I'd like to get a pair of adjustable coilovers in the future.

For the front bumper, did you only mount it at the two tabs on top of the grill, and on each side corner where the stock connects? Or did you attach it at any other spot? Thanks for the pics and stuff....gives me a good idea.

As for the rear, what are all those silver dots....drill holes or something? I can't really see from the pic.
Old Apr 6, 2011, 04:20 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

What you do is you have to take your factory bumpers off. They will have metal brackets attached to them. You have to drill out the rivets an rerivet the brackets to your new bumpers. The silver things you see is the new rivets i put through the new bumper attaching it to the bracket. The attachment points will be where the factory brackets attach an a few other spots. Your gunna have to take out your tail lights to install the rear.

Its really not that hard. Just make sure you rivet the brackets to the right spots. A rivet installer is pretty cheap.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

^ are they blind cherry rivets, or similar? they are real easy to install.
Old Apr 7, 2011, 11:04 PM
Evolved Member

what kind of shift knob is that? OEM mitsubishi?
Old Apr 8, 2011, 05:15 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NorCal Lancer
what kind of shift knob is that? OEM mitsubishi?
it's from RTM racing....quite heavy....i love it...here's my little review...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/8854496-post63.html
Old Apr 8, 2011, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

someone else on here had this stainless steel shift knob that was just a ball and I can't seem to find this shift knob anymore. I don't know why I didn't bookmark the page :/ the knob you have is pretty cool too though
Old Apr 8, 2011, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NorCal Lancer
someone else on here had this stainless steel shift knob that was just a ball and I can't seem to find this shift knob anymore. I don't know why I didn't bookmark the page :/ the knob you have is pretty cool too though
yeah i like it with the mitsu symbol. The plain knob can be found from RTM as well. they can do it completely plain or with a rubber ring around it. One the site it shows the ring, but you can get all knows with or without it.

https://www.rtmracing.com/xcart/home.php?cat=448
Old Apr 11, 2011, 09:19 AM
Evolving Member

Just fit the bumper today....didn't do the sides and rear cause it started to rain...again...

Fit is pretty much perfect. was just lining it up to mark off the drill holes so that's why you can see a bit of a gap. it's just loosely placed on in the pics.
Attached Thumbnails My Pimp Sled - 2004 RA-photo-1.jpg   My Pimp Sled - 2004 RA-photo-2.jpg  
Old Apr 11, 2011, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Looks decent. A little too "out there" for me. But if you like it giver! I think it'll look sic when it's painted. Keep us updated!
Old Apr 11, 2011, 09:44 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

You attach the bracket yet?

Quick Reply: My Pimp Sled - 2004 RA