Notices
04-06 Lancer Ralliart Show & Shine Post your pictures, photoshops, and videos!

Who has their calipers painted

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2004, 06:22 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All painting does is make them look nice I dont think there trying to pass them off as high dollar parts they just dont want them to be that ugly brown/black color

(just dont put sickers of stuff you dont have now thats RICE!)
Old Sep 21, 2004, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea i painted my calipers red with VHQ paint or something like that from autozone. It worked pretty well, and it looks really nice. Matches the interior and stuff. Only took me tops like 3 hours... Enjoy
Old Sep 22, 2004, 11:01 AM
Evolving Member

Ricer's are people that drive like dodge neons and cavaliers and stuff. the cars you dont usually see with mufflers on it and a bunch of crap from autozone or pepboys. But on the other hand people that drive like 240sx and integra's usually dont just put a muffler on. they custom do there exhaust to gain extra power.
Old Sep 22, 2004, 11:06 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Rice = all show, no go. It's very simple. A Civic with $3000 in body kits and lighting work and no engine mods is rice.
Old Sep 22, 2004, 11:28 AM
Evolved Member

rice = good /w chicken and vegi's. the term was first applied to cars by big american gearhead rednecks who wanted to put down jap cars, or 'riceburners' as they were originally dubbed. why 'Rice'? because the cars are coming from japan and almost all jap food is served /w rice. not too funny, huh? cant say any (dodge, chevy) domestic is 'rice' in that respect. anyway, i find the term pointless and misapplied.

if its your thing to make a car fast, go for it. some may say its 'rice'. *** em
if its your thing to make a car turn heads, go for it. some may say its 'rice'. *** em

do what you want and stop worrying about being 'ricey'. and stop classifying others as such, caus its usually inaccurate anyway

just my $0.02
Old Sep 22, 2004, 11:53 AM
Evolved Member

About the brakes not being that good, well its not true at all. These brakes are better then the brembos offered on the nissan spec-v upgrade.
Old Sep 22, 2004, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kilo23
Ricer's are people that drive like dodge neons and cavaliers and stuff. the cars you dont usually see with mufflers on it and a bunch of crap from autozone or pepboys. But on the other hand people that drive like 240sx and integra's usually dont just put a muffler on. they custom do there exhaust to gain extra power.
Here is my definition of ricer, to avoid confusion.
A person who slaps on mods that do NOTHING or VERY little for the performance of a car. Throwing a muffler on a car to make it sound/look fast is rice. Doing REAL performance mods (redoing the entire exaust on a car that came with a crappy exaust system isn't rice). Putting a huge spoiler on a car is rice (although the evo spoiler on the RA isn't bad, those huge metal deals are ridiculous, imo).
Old Sep 22, 2004, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by captain150
Here is my definition of ricer, to avoid confusion.
A person who slaps on mods that do NOTHING or VERY little for the performance of a car. Throwing a muffler on a car to make it sound/look fast is rice. Doing REAL performance mods (redoing the entire exaust on a car that came with a crappy exaust system isn't rice). Putting a huge spoiler on a car is rice (although the evo spoiler on the RA isn't bad, those huge metal deals are ridiculous, imo).
We all know you have a plastic hood scoop on your car from walmart, and a glow in the dark exhaust tip.... and NOS decals on your doors....
Old Sep 22, 2004, 08:16 PM

I painted my silver RA with blue caliper paint. Folia Tec.... it is apparently the best stuff out there, no chipping and stuff... looks hot imo.
Old Sep 22, 2004, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RaLLi
We all know you have a plastic hood scoop on your car from walmart, and a glow in the dark exhaust tip.... and NOS decals on your doors....
Yes, a completely stock ralliart...
Old Sep 22, 2004, 08:41 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Eride
I painted my silver RA with blue caliper paint. Folia Tec.... it is apparently the best stuff out there, no chipping and stuff... looks hot imo.
Are you serious???????????????????
Old Sep 22, 2004, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Eride
can i get a pic? I'm thinking about doing blue on my thunder gray.
Old Sep 22, 2004, 11:02 PM
Evolving Member

Im gonna paint my caliper's tomorrow, im gonna go with red. My friend was saying " Do them yellow, yellow will look sick..Everyone has red calipers blah blah blah. " Now this is coming from a friend that loves my car, drives it alot, but is always giving me bad advice. He told me to put a straight pipe and all this other stuff. I dont ever listen to him. But what does everyone think of yellow calipers? Can someone photoshop it to see how it looks? I cant picture it but im open to suggestions.
Old Sep 23, 2004, 08:25 AM

Originally Posted by blk-majik
can i get a pic? I'm thinking about doing blue on my thunder gray.
I will try and get a pic up sometime today or tomorrow, i really like the blue, mostly because it is not red or yellow....but it looks really good. The whole thing took me a day to do.
I hung the calipers took off the pads, masked and did a few coats. The Folia tec is really good stuff because it comes with a hardining resen that you mix with the paint. I have heard it will last the lifetime of your car.
Old Sep 23, 2004, 11:01 AM
Evolved Member

The Floia tec site makes me laugh. they look pretty cheasy, but you cant judge a paint by its [manufactures] decal selection I may try it. anyone else have any other bran suggestions that I can get in blue?

Quick Reply: Who has their calipers painted