Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

What is the diference of the Apexi II and the Split Second PSC1 piggyback?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2006, 12:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What is the diference of the Apexi II and the Split Second PSC1 piggyback?

I値l try to install a custom turbo kit. If I get 2 much problems then I値l just sell the kit and buy the Road race kit. I want to know the difference between the apexi II fuel management piggyback and the split second psc1 piggyback. Which is better for my car? I was going to go with the Road race piggyback for my custom turbo; but I want a few opinions from other people.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

easy mi pana...
apexi wont work on our cars....

if you want to buy a kit buy rrm's kit is hand down the best so far.. if you want to do it locally contact carlos at 'creative'.. pm me for the phone...
juan
Old Mar 30, 2006, 01:01 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Apexi will work. Boe has installed it in at least a couple SoCal Ralliarts, but nobody knows how he did it, and he doesn't seem to be sharing.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

oh ok... my bad then...

apex is tune-on-the-spot but in the rrm piggy you need a laptop in order to modify/tune it...
Old Mar 30, 2006, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

along these lines, from what I've read thus far the interceptor package from rpw might be pretty nice also. I'm still hoping for someone who owns the RRM setup who has read mitsimans post about the features of the interceptor package to shed some light on what the differences between the two may be.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yeah i was about to say... Boe tuned my RA and i have the SAFC II on my car.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 05:10 PM

PR Mivec, I already called creative and they want me to pay 550 for the turbo header. That is 2 much money for a header, I got someone that it's willing to make me a header for 350 plus 150 to have it ceramic coated that痴 500. Anyway they told me I have to go over there and they値l check all the parts that I have and what I知 missing and they will go from there. Maybe I値l take it to them but just for installing the parts and tune up the turbo. I prefer to buy all the turbo parts in eBay than having them buy them, it痴 going to be more $$$$$.
Old Mar 30, 2006, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

Pointer...Buy the EVO8 intercooler kit from SSAUTOCRHOME sell's in ebay for less than $300 and you can use most of the tubbing. go from there custom. As for fuel Management you can buy an aditional injector controller with 1 or 2 injectors it'l be good for 7-11psi that way you dont have to hack any stock computer cable and the car will have great drivability. This is the easiest way out for the $$ where talking probably $550 ECU +'s Injectors. Split sec can help you with that.

2Cents
Old Mar 31, 2006, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Thunder-rush
Pointer...Buy the EVO8 intercooler kit from SSAUTOCRHOME sell's in ebay for less than $300 and you can use most of the tubbing. go from there custom. As for fuel Management you can buy an aditional injector controller with 1 or 2 injectors it'l be good for 7-11psi that way you dont have to hack any stock computer cable and the car will have great drivability. This is the easiest way out for the $$ where talking probably $550 ECU +'s Injectors. Split sec can help you with that.

2Cents
Great Idea.. That would help me a lot.. Let痴 see what happens. I'll install the kit in May.
Old May 5, 2006, 01:38 PM
Evolved Member

Please excuse the noob question, but question about extra injectors.... what exactly is the process for adding an extra injector(s)? I've heard many people discuss it before, but what are they doing? Specifically where is that 5th injector going? If I understand things correctly, we're talking about a cold start injector basically spraying into the TB? Sorry if this is completely stupid, again thanks for the patient answer.
Old May 5, 2006, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

so you dont go to lean ar high rpm's kind of like meth only with fuel....
Old Jun 14, 2006, 11:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by boozeup&riot
Please excuse the noob question, but question about extra injectors.... what exactly is the process for adding an extra injector(s)? I've heard many people discuss it before, but what are they doing? Specifically where is that 5th injector going? If I understand things correctly, we're talking about a cold start injector basically spraying into the TB? Sorry if this is completely stupid, again thanks for the patient answer.
instead of bigger injectors, they just add one injector inside ur intake for the added fuel needed for boost.