Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Stock evo turbo in ralliart?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2006, 06:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stock evo turbo in ralliart?

hey guys i posted something about a couple weeks ago about placing a stock evo turbo (evo IX & VIII) in a ralliart. Everyone was telling me it would work fine. So would it be worth the while to buy a used stock Evo turbo off of EvoM instead of buying a crap load of NA stuff? I mean it only sounds like a total of 1 grand in spendings with install and purchasing.

kinda confused why ralliart guys dont do this more often?
Old Jun 14, 2006, 06:25 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MikeyD
hey guys i posted something about a couple weeks ago about placing a stock evo turbo (evo IX & VIII) in a ralliart. Everyone was telling me it would work fine. So would it be worth the while to buy a used stock Evo turbo off of EvoM instead of buying a crap load of NA stuff? I mean it only sounds like a total of 1 grand in spendings with install and purchasing.

you might want to do your homework on turbo charging, their is more to turbo charging a car then buying the parts and installing it. If you can turbo your car with a grand with all the other parts to support the turbo, your the man! with a turbo u still need stopping power (good brakes), u need the fuel system to support the turbo, you still need to find a way to control timing on the ralliart, you need some gauges to monitor the engine, or else boom their goes your engine, etc. etc. it's not that easy to turbo your car my friend! Search the threads on forced induction and read the info on what they need to turbo.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 06:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MikeyD

If I am not wrong, the stock EVO 8 and 9 should be the TD05. Unless you are going to lower your compression ratio, you maybe better off with the TD04
Old Jun 14, 2006, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
blah
Old Jun 14, 2006, 09:17 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm sure it could be made to work, but no way it could be done for $1k. There's tons of things you need, including a custom built turbo manifold and downpipe. Fuel control, piping, BOV, lines, gauges, etc. If you really know what you're doing and have hookups for used parts and custom fabrication, it'd probably cost around $3k.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^Ditto Otter and Ralliartjapracr
I thought about this before for about 10 minutes (a friend was offering me his stock Evo turbo), and decided it was waaaaaaaayyyyyy too much work, modification and $$ I could handle.
If I were to go turbo, I would get RRM's kit. Everything is included, and nothing to worry about if installed correctly.
Old Jun 14, 2006, 02:35 PM
Evolving Member

aight, it just kinda confuses me when people are like (selling stock evo turbo 20g 9.2 hotside , waste gate blah blah blah, $700,) as u can see im not to in formed on the parts that arent N/A
Old Jun 14, 2006, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Eclipse2Lancer
^^Ditto Otter and Ralliartjapracr
I thought about this before for about 10 minutes (a friend was offering me his stock Evo turbo), and decided it was waaaaaaaayyyyyy too much work, modification and $$ I could handle.
If I were to go turbo, I would get RRM's kit. Everything is included, and nothing to worry about if installed correctly.

Dude a turbo is just a turbo. You can install any turbo on any car; First of all you need to think how much boost you are going for. Then after that decide what turbo you want either a hybrid or regular one. You can go for a t3 they work nicely on the RA engine or a t3/t4 with that one you are not going to have almost no turbo lag.
Old Jul 9, 2006, 08:00 PM

i tried this configuration on my 4g64 03 eclipse, it will be alot of work, the turbo is the td05hr 16g, twin scroll very nice turbo, if you use this turbo dont use the stock wastegate unless you want to buy a new motor the turbo is set at 19psi, my block could hold 15psi until it would have blown, your better of to use the turbo off of an evo 3 at least i think dont quote me,
Old Jul 10, 2006, 11:42 AM

Originally Posted by 00elipsers
i tried this configuration on my 4g64 03 eclipse, it will be alot of work, the turbo is the td05hr 16g, twin scroll very nice turbo, if you use this turbo dont use the stock wastegate unless you want to buy a new motor the turbo is set at 19psi, my block could hold 15psi until it would have blown, your better of to use the turbo off of an evo 3 at least i think dont quote me,
The engines from a GS-T are stronger; I want to sell my car to buy an eclipse 4g63. You can take out about 385 hpw from that engine on stock parts.
Old Jul 16, 2006, 10:21 PM

the only differance between the 4g64 and the 4g63 is the amount of boost it takes to make power,

i think the 4g63 gst is set at 11psi and only makes crank horse power 210hp,

the 4g64 at 14psi makes over 300whp

so i know that is a good choice to go with but the 4g64 would be the better of the two, i can only imagine the mivec with a turbo
Old Jul 17, 2006, 09:03 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 00elipsers
the only differance between the 4g64 and the 4g63 is the amount of boost it takes to make power,

i think the 4g63 gst is set at 11psi and only makes crank horse power 210hp,

the 4g64 at 14psi makes over 300whp

so i know that is a good choice to go with but the 4g64 would be the better of the two, i can only imagine the mivec with a turbo
The 4G64 is the 2g (95-99) Eclipse spyder 2.4L motor. The 4G64 also will NEVER make over 270whp on the stock T25, that turbo is a joke. The 64 was also never sold factory turbocharged.

Making power on the mivec motor shouldn't be a problem, but like everyone else is saying it will take more then just slapping on a turbo.

Your going to need:

-bigger injectors
-high flow fuel pump
-AFC (air fuel controller),
-turbo
-turbo manifold (custom made unless someone has begun selling them for the RA) -wastegate
-boost controller
-bov
-intake pipe flanged for bov
-oil feed lines
and some other odds and ends. Now if you go through the trouble of doing all of this you might as well go all out. The ic you use which would most likely be a stock dsm smic or Supra MKIV smic might heatsoak, so go ahead and get a fmic kit. You could very well make 230-250fwhp on a homebrew kit on pump gas with an aggresive tune, but it will cost depending on if you know where to buy your stuff and what your doing 2,500-4,500 dollars.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 11:04 PM

u know what guys, the problem with the stock evo turbines is #1 They have a oil and water cooling sistem. #2 The flange, is not like TO3 or T3/T4 a scuare piece of metal with 4 screws. Is a pain in the a$$ to make the flange. Then u realize that with all the money u gona spend oing that noy worth it. Better buy a T3/T4 easy making flange for your custom manifold.
Old Jul 17, 2006, 11:53 PM
Former Sponsor

An oil and water cooled turbo will last much longer than a T3 counterpart. If you can get a custom manifold made I am sure getting them to flange it to fit the twin scroll would not be a big problem.

If it was bolt and run it would be great, although it is almost never that simple.
Old Jul 18, 2006, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Joe's_EVO8
An oil and water cooled turbo will last much longer than a T3 counterpart. If you can get a custom manifold made I am sure getting them to flange it to fit the twin scroll would not be a big problem.

If it was bolt and run it would be great, although it is almost never that simple.
Thats no problem I can always buy a new one... they are a lot less expensive than a brand name one

Quick Reply: Stock evo turbo in ralliart?