Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

RRM turbo installation in the Boston area???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2006, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RRM turbo installation in the Boston area???

anyone know a good place i can get my rrm turbo stage 1 installed in the downtown boston area????

and also a good cost in installation services??

also how long it takes for body shops to instal this thing?

thanks

-jung
Old Jul 30, 2006, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

ive been quoted down here in texas 700$ and 2 days to have it in and dynoed.
Old Jul 31, 2006, 05:37 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by byc_panty
anyone know a good place i can get my rrm turbo stage 1 installed in the downtown boston area????

and also a good cost in installation services??

also how long it takes for body shops to instal this thing?

thanks

-jung
Um...I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there are no tuner shops in downtown Boston. There aren't many (if any) FI lancer/RA's around anyways. Most of the tuner shops are around the Malden/Everett area but they mainly specialize in noise and rice from what I have seen. Evo guys like DENT sport in Norwood, that is a little ways out of the city but for something like this I would play it safe. At least DENT does a lot of work with EVO/DSM cars. Pruven in CT also has a very very good rep but that is a little closer to NY than Boston. I have taken my car to a few places around Cambridge, and a few have been willing to do complicated installs, but I don't trust them to do anything other than basic bolt-ons. At any rate I would expect to pay $700-1000 depending on whether they run into any snags (which they shouldn't).

Jim
Old Aug 5, 2006, 12:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jeemybo
Um...I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there are no tuner shops in downtown Boston. There aren't many (if any) FI lancer/RA's around anyways. Most of the tuner shops are around the Malden/Everett area but they mainly specialize in noise and rice from what I have seen. Evo guys like DENT sport in Norwood, that is a little ways out of the city but for something like this I would play it safe. At least DENT does a lot of work with EVO/DSM cars. Pruven in CT also has a very very good rep but that is a little closer to NY than Boston. I have taken my car to a few places around Cambridge, and a few have been willing to do complicated installs, but I don't trust them to do anything other than basic bolt-ons. At any rate I would expect to pay $700-1000 depending on whether they run into any snags (which they shouldn't).

Jim
I suggest Dent Sport as well, there are a couple tuner shops in boston, none that i'd suggest for an install like this... Maybe SPA Racing in malden might be able to do it but i'd take the bite of gas to hit up Dent Sport Garage.. I think the owner or one of the workers posts in the regional section. Toss a post in the Northeast Regional Section...

Also i think i'm 1 of 2 Ralliarts in MA that mod... other than that its all evo's and other model lancers... a lot of 02-03's around.

PM me if you need anymore assistance, i'm a local to boston and i might be able to help get you Dent's contact info if you can't find it yourself.
Old Aug 5, 2006, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

I know some one but is in Hartford CT area .
Old Aug 7, 2006, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

honestly, that is too much money to charge for such a simple installation. Plus it's a stage 1., and it doesn't need any tunning.

I have my stge 1 kit for my 02 oz. I still haven't done it cause i have no time. I'm gonna install it myself....
Old Aug 8, 2006, 03:13 AM
Evolved Member

everything needs tuning. RRM designed the kit and the piggyback around a certain set of mods to go with the turbo kit. If you don't have that certain set of mods they programmed the piggyback with then you don't have the right map. I am not sure what mods they programmed around, and to be honest I wouldn't be surprised if they tuned it for stock plus turbo. That would be the safest way to go for the end user who didn't get to the shop for tuning.