Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

RPW Turbo kit 4G69

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2006, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I´m so in to turboing my RA also, but I´m looking for something cheaper or at least better power for the money RRM is asking, I´m not saying RRM is not a good kit! just want something more big for the bucks!
Old Sep 7, 2006, 05:23 PM
Evolved Member

Modifying cars is a hard one to be able to do it within a budget... the thing to look at is what you are wanting-
big power: how much is enough?
is reliability a concern?
Is the setup going to be upgradeable to get more power... nitros.. cam... pistons... do you want these things now in the main build up or are you happy to have a solid basic kit that you can then add these things to later
Budget... you need to know how much you want to spend, but you also have to be aware that the saying you get what you pay for - take a look at some of the very best hard tuned cars out there and tell me that they did those on a limited budget, then compare those cars with those that have done a turbo kit on a very limited budget and look at how reliable and how much power they are producing when comparing these things there is a mile between them and should not be compared with each other... I think what you will find is that the RPW turbo kit is going to be somewere in between but with the advantage of being able to upgrade the likes of the cam - pistons so that you can also add nitros very safely and up the boost to whatever is going to be a safe amount

Like myself we all have to wait till tomorrow for some results
Old Sep 7, 2006, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

Cant wait to hear more Christine!
Old Sep 7, 2006, 07:27 PM
Evolving Member

^+1
Old Sep 7, 2006, 07:52 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by speedygarcia
I´m so in to turboing my RA also, but I´m looking for something cheaper or at least better power for the money RRM is asking, I´m not saying RRM is not a good kit! just want something more big for the bucks!
.......Are you sure about what your asking for??Have you seen a RRM turbo'd ra in action?? If you have and still want more power ....have you seen it with the meth kit ??and umm... you must have some money somewhere because if you want more for less your going to run into problems,but by all means good luck on that you'll need it.......
Old Sep 8, 2006, 02:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Updated photos on the website.

Unfortunalty a sensor has failed (Brand new hall effect) when it gets hot we lose our home signal which is very frustrating. Let the car cool and we can get it running again. Once the haltech software is updated in the future with the crank signal from this vehicle, then we will remove it from this vehicle and use factory sensors but at this moment (Hmm can anyone see where the sensor is? ) just have to wait till tuesday for a replacement sensor.

Everything else is tested and looking good. Very happy so far. Just got some minor cosmetics to sort out as well.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 02:32 AM
Evolved Member

ohh boy I just pooped a little. Pics look good man I been waiting to see how it looks!

I cant spot the snail(turbO), where is it!?
Old Sep 8, 2006, 07:32 AM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
You can see it in all the top down pictures.

Kit looks great, excited to see how you guys do once you get all the Haltech stuff working.
Old Sep 8, 2006, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

^ yeah I'm just fooln around, I want more pictures of this setup thats all haha
Old Sep 8, 2006, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

c´mon guys!!! Dyno!
Old Sep 8, 2006, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

It is so nice to be getting all this support and interest for this turbo kit and the work that RPW has put into the car it is a little humbling really...

Yesterday when David called to say that he would not be able to get the car to the dyno I think he was as equally dissapointed as I was that we are so close but... hey thats life isn't it...

The RPW website or page on the car is getting quiet long but there is so much info there so I really do recommend for people to take there time and look thru the pics and you will or should be able to work out how it all works

http://www.rpw.com.au/shop/index.php...d=96&Itemid=40
Attached Thumbnails RPW Turbo kit 4G69-finished.jpg  
Old Sep 14, 2006, 05:17 PM
Evolving Member

heres a little 6 day bump
Old Sep 14, 2006, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Update - car is running, we have done a quick 1 hour tune, and on very mild tuning 5 psi boost we picked up 50hp over complete stock on this vehicle, I say very conservative timing and this included playing around with the mivec settings whch I wasn't happy with

Going back this Saturday to do smoe more indepth tuning, again only at 5 psi mostly concentrating on ignition timing and different mivec settings, not just RPM but boost switch dependant switching as well. Just a matter of playing around to see which produces the best power with stock camshafts.

On the following friday we are going back to the dyno, and raising the boost up to 10 - 12 psi and see what hp we can create. From there the vehicle will be running a consistant 7 - 8 psi for normal driving until the clutch and LSD is fitted to handle the hgher boosts.
Old Sep 15, 2006, 12:36 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats on getting the car fully running after your little issue there with the sensor.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 05:06 PM

Car is out on the road, on a measly 5psi at the moment, getting bumped up to 12psi this weekend. Let me tell you, first hand, this thing is a beast! The way chowetime drives kept a certain red evo 9 working its *** off trying to keep up on a cruise on Saturday

I'll let Chowetime pop on here and tell ya the rest!

Quick Reply: RPW Turbo kit 4G69