Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Another Turbo Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Oct 5, 2006, 10:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ModernRacer
Yeah i sourced out all the parts and did all the work myself, the only other person that helped me is a good friend that i trust, and he did most of the tuning, but since i worked with him on the tuning aspect of it i'm sure i could tune it no problem now, the Megasquirt unit is fairly easy to use and is very flexible
Well congrats man!!! You did a pretty good job! I´ll ccontact you soon!! haha!
Old Oct 5, 2006, 01:51 PM
Evolving Member

you should consider getting together with a company in canada (if they agree) like ultimate racing so they can make and sell kits here. for example, RRM's kit is $4299.00USD converted is $4836.00CDN plus shipping, duty and install, which makes this a very difficult thing for us to purchase as this now becomes a $6000+ project.
Just a thought, but it could be a more reasonable option for others in Canada, and you could even make some of your money back if you got paid by someone to duplicate your work.
Great work none the less!!!
Old Oct 9, 2006, 07:48 PM

Your dump is it dumped into the exhaust or Atmosphere??
Old Oct 10, 2006, 02:23 AM
Evolving Member

Very Nice, MAJOR props to u man
Ive seen a couple of RA turbo setups but none of them got my full attention until I saw yours. Im curious tho on the speculations. What size turbo??from what company??and what other parts did u upgrade/install for your turbo setup??

Im preparing for a custom turbo myslef, and along my runs of research theres more to jst putting a turbo on your car and thinking everything is smooth. I recently jst bought my friends evo8 intercooler and heard good things about Garrett as for turbos.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RaLLiBboY
Very Nice, MAJOR props to u man
Ive seen a couple of RA turbo setups but none of them got my full attention until I saw yours. Im curious tho on the speculations. What size turbo??from what company??and what other parts did u upgrade/install for your turbo setup??

Im preparing for a custom turbo myslef, and along my runs of research theres more to jst putting a turbo on your car and thinking everything is smooth. I recently jst bought my friends evo8 intercooler and heard good things about Garrett as for turbos.

Thanx! the turbo is a Garrett T3/T4 .63 Turbine and .60 Compressor, this combo works very well together, i get spooled at 2500 rpm's and keeps going up until about 6000rpm, the turbo was from a 1985 280zx and was completly rebuilt, these are the "Super 60 series" turbos. they are ver hard to find and very disireable by alot of custom builders. As far as the rest was concernd i did alot of reaserch on the internet, but one of the best tools i have is a book by author "Corky Bell" the book is called Maximum Boost, he has alot of usefull tips and tricks about building your custom turbo setup.

For my intercooler i bought a Replica Evo 8 intercooler made by ARC, this was a little overkill since it's good for 800hp but it flows really well, when it cam to engine managment i went with the Megasquirt system this "so far" is the best stand alone unit for the Ralliart. i will replace the injectors and fuel rail in the spring since i will be putting the car away soon for winter. Feel free to ask any other questions.

-Kevin
Old Oct 10, 2006, 05:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Lanc_07
Your dump is it dumped into the exhaust or Atmosphere??

Yeah in the atmosphere, down towards the ground
Old Oct 10, 2006, 06:43 PM
Evolved Member

Nice car pretty much everything about it looks nice
Old Oct 10, 2006, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For my intercooler i bought a Replica Evo 8 intercooler made by ARC,
By this I'm guessing you mean you bought ARC intercooler designed for an EVO 8 that is an upgrade for that car.

Nice work and good numbers.
Old Oct 10, 2006, 08:31 PM

Yeah in the atmosphere, down towards the ground

Loud as hell isnt it... thats the way my was till i got pulled over
Old Oct 11, 2006, 07:09 AM
Evolved Member

Nah it's not that loud, and i don't really hear it until full boost
Old Oct 11, 2006, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Very nice work man! I know you've been working on this for a LONG time! If you get a chance, could you sometime put up a HOWTO for wiring the megasquirt to the ECU harness and/or sensors? I've looked into the ms on the RA quite a bit, but thats always been my stumbling block.

Great work! I bet you cant wait until spring for the fuel upgrades and internals. Then you can see what she can really do!

And for everyon who is amazed at the price: The megasquirt is next to free, since its a build-yourself piggyback system. That will knock off about $1000 in parts right there! Going with a used turbo is also a good deal if you can rebuild it cleanly. Thats 1/2 the kit price in those two parts. Also, with a kit, you are paying someone a 'research royalty', so to say. I'd say about 1/2 the kit price is profit. If UR or anyone else copied the work Modern did and sold it as a kit, they would still sell at around RRM prices as well.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hey blk, do you still live in south florida? i'm goin to start piecing my own custom turbo, it be nice to have a trusth worthy buddy that can work electrical magic.. haha. saving 5 grand, just wont work with me.. i spend too much, so i might as well by piece by piece.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

wow nice
Old Oct 11, 2006, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

Well just to make this clear blk-majik, the Megasquirt is a fully stand alone computer, i no longer have the Mitsu ECU in the car, it's sitting in my toolbox...LOL

Here is the basic wiring diagram for the setup you will need for the Ralliart:

This is a Screen shot of the Megatune software

And now the Megasquirt company is going to be adding new features to the unit like Megaview wich is a real time readout screen to show live data so you can see what is going on with the engine at all times,this is similar to the ECU TEK screen,and they will also be adding Bluetooth conectivity for wireless laptops and other functions, IMO these guys are slightly ahead of the AEM EMS.
Old Oct 11, 2006, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

where did you get that headlight tint?

Quick Reply: Another Turbo Ralliart