Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

I need boost

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2006, 04:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I need boost

Hi I was trying to get some info. I am building A turbo kit for my 04 ralliart 5 speed.If I ran 5 Psi will I need to retard my timing and if I made my fuel system returnable can I use a FMU. I don`t want to Buy A piggyback that just does fuel if I buy one it has to control both.

Thanks
DEE

P.S This is my first post sorry if didn`t do it right I will take info on both.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 07:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by turbodee
Hi I was trying to get some info. I am building A turbo kit for my 04 ralliart 5 speed.If I ran 5 Psi will I need to retard my timing and if I made my fuel system returnable can I use a FMU. I don`t want to Buy A piggyback that just does fuel if I buy one it has to control both.

Thanks
DEE

^^^^ Ok, before some one else tells you this, a bunch of people are going to say "use the search button". There is plenty of info here. You may want to get the flame suite on. Just a little FYI, there are not a many custome built turbos out there right now. There are 2 kits you can purchase also from RRM and RPW. Look in the force induction section for answers to your question.
Old Dec 19, 2006, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by turbodee

Thanks
DEE

I have had my turbo kit on the car for over 10,000klm now and all is going very nicely we are running 10psi with a very mild tune on it we have not changed the returnless fuel line to a return fuel line as it is not entirely nessicary...

when going forced no matter what amount of boost levels you are running you will need to be able to adjust the timing - just to be safe.... why do you want to run such a small amount of psi is there a reason for it - the internals on these cars are pretty tough

The ECU that I am using is a Haltech E8 but a Haltech E6 will do almost the same job... this ecu has so many added bonuses we can alter and change so much that it has no side effects and no comprimises on daily running...

I have a very in depth thread on this forum as to the build up of the turbo and alsorts of information you might want to check it out
Old Dec 21, 2006, 02:45 AM

I e-mailed haltech about the interceptor and they said it would work. Does anybody know about that and I would like to run more boost but tuning is the problem, I would like to fix that first. Thanx chowetime for showing a first timer some ralliart love.

DEE
Old Dec 21, 2006, 04:18 AM
Evolved Member

Not a problem... I am not a tuner as such but I do believe that it is a reletively easy enough system to use once you know how to use it and how a car should run but having said that and looking at your previous comment it would suggest to me that you need to find yourself a tuner that knows how to use the Haltechs plus some dyno time is also in order to make sure everything is correct...

My next suggestion is to wait a few more weeks as we have Haltech here in Australia that are working on codes for the MIVEC and the interceptor so this would possibly your best solution as i know that when RPW does sell the Haltechs they will come with a base map in it alternatively you could get a E6 orE8 which are going to be much more turbo friendly and with many more options than what the interceptor will have.
Old Dec 21, 2006, 10:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chowetime
Not a problem... I am not a tuner as such but I do believe that it is a reletively easy enough system to use once you know how to use it and how a car should run but having said that and looking at your previous comment it would suggest to me that you need to find yourself a tuner that knows how to use the Haltechs plus some dyno time is also in order to make sure everything is correct...

My next suggestion is to wait a few more weeks as we have Haltech here in Australia that are working on codes for the MIVEC and the interceptor so this would possibly your best solution as i know that when RPW does sell the Haltechs they will come with a base map in it alternatively you could get a E6 orE8 which are going to be much more turbo friendly and with many more options than what the interceptor will have.
So when are you guys going to give dyno #'s.? I am interested in the haltech if it's a plug&play, do you know if RPW finished the interceptor for the RA and is it proven and P&P too..?
Old Dec 21, 2006, 10:48 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Thunder-rush
So when are you guys going to give dyno #'s.? I am interested in the haltech if it's a plug&play, do you know if RPW finished the interceptor for the RA and is it proven and P&P too..?
The interceptor is due to be completed at the beginning of the year. Look for the thread by MITVRX for more info
Old Dec 22, 2006, 04:48 AM
Evolved Member

The only advice i can offer you is that if you don't know what your doing when it comes to tuning, get it done right by a Professional, changing map codes can have severe effects on your engine if not done properly, i use the Megasquirt II system on my Ralliart, it took me a while to learn the codes,setting and map adjustments for increased boost and fuel. Good luck with your research and project.

-Kevin
Old Dec 23, 2006, 01:04 AM
Evolved Member

RPW will have N.A numbers on a mild modded car for the new interceptor about 5th january at the latest... and yes it will be a P&P, while the interceptor will work quite well with a turbo I think that if you were wanting more serious power and a more daily driveable car then you really should be looking at either the E6 or E8... I am most likely wrong here in my assumptions but I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for - I am pretty confident that the Interceptor will be a ecu that will be more advanced than the GReddy Emanage but not as good as say the E8 that I have... time will tell - I am not sure if RPW will be swapping out the ecu in my car to see how well it works or not time will tell as that will be up to them if they want to spend more time with the car.

As for numbers on my car with the turbo in it is 245hp atw with 10psi @30 degrees of timing @5250rpm 325nm torque @ 4250rpm... while this may seem a bit on the weak side I am still running factory clutch flywheel and suspenssion so the tune on the car is quite mild as we have now got 19 degrees of timing in the car and the way the turbo comes in is very meek and mild... I am hoping that I can get the next lot of mods around March 07 so then we can look at running a slightly more aggressive tune as the car will be able to then use all of the extra hp with the new mods added...
Old Dec 24, 2006, 06:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chowetime
RPW will have N.A numbers on a mild modded car for the new interceptor about 5th january at the latest... and yes it will be a P&P, while the interceptor will work quite well with a turbo I think that if you were wanting more serious power and a more daily driveable car then you really should be looking at either the E6 or E8... I am most likely wrong here in my assumptions but I am a firm believer that you get what you pay for - I am pretty confident that the Interceptor will be a ecu that will be more advanced than the GReddy Emanage but not as good as say the E8 that I have... time will tell - I am not sure if RPW will be swapping out the ecu in my car to see how well it works or not time will tell as that will be up to them if they want to spend more time with the car.

As for numbers on my car with the turbo in it is 245hp atw with 10psi @30 degrees of timing @5250rpm 325nm torque @ 4250rpm... while this may seem a bit on the weak side I am still running factory clutch flywheel and suspenssion so the tune on the car is quite mild as we have now got 19 degrees of timing in the car and the way the turbo comes in is very meek and mild... I am hoping that I can get the next lot of mods around March 07 so then we can look at running a slightly more aggressive tune as the car will be able to then use all of the extra hp with the new mods added...
So you have the standalone in your car, did they make a harness for it or it was a splicing deal.? If so do they plan to sell the E6-10 solution for RA's or at least sell it with a harness or diagram map for a straight forward deal.? That will be good.
Old Dec 25, 2006, 04:14 AM
Evolved Member

So you have the standalone in your car, did they make a harness for it or it was a splicing deal.? If so do they plan to sell the E6-10 solution for RA's or at least sell it with a harness or diagram map for a straight forward deal.? That will be good.
When you get the E6 or E8 you will get a harness for it along with a base program.. basicly it will be a plug and play that will get you ableto start the car up and depending on your own tuning skills will be a ble to make some adjustments or better still be able to drive to a dyno to give it a optimum tune
Old May 24, 2007, 01:37 AM

I was trying to find out what injectors fit in are cars.My friend has some WRX injectors for cheap.Will they need to be moded it for them to work.I am only trying to run 5-7 and I will have the SMT-6 to control them so what will I need to do to them thanks for the info also I did use the search button first.

DEE

Last edited by turbodee; May 24, 2007 at 01:40 AM.
Old May 24, 2007, 01:54 AM
Evolved Member

ive read here that i think wrx 'blue'? injectors work but only good for 6psi? might have to search a bit
Old May 24, 2007, 05:11 AM
Evolved Member

if you have some way to get more fuel to them they could handle more boost than that, that is about the limit with the stock fuel system. light blue is the color of the injector itself. modified wrx injectors should be good to whatever you can put on the stock internals, but you may still need a return style fuel rail. pm thunder-rush if you need more details, I am sure he will help.