Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Dyno tuned Turbo'd Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2007, 10:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
found this on the other forum. he isnt tuned but still they are nice numbers. def worth a look.

http://mitsunation.net/showthread.ph...937#post107937
Old Nov 21, 2007, 03:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is he a RA? and which RRM kit?
Old Nov 21, 2007, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
wow. I just read it. 230 hp and tq... very nice. Good find.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 04:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ihearthondas
is he a RA? and which RRM kit?
yea thats a ra and rrm only makes one kit for it. the guy posts here sometimes.
Old Nov 21, 2007, 05:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea that dyno'd RA is mine. When we got it on the dyno, the plan was to just do a few pulls, but one thing led to another and I did end up getting it tuned. Thing is the hp didn't really change much, he said I'm pretty much running full out with the setup I have. He leaned out the midrange a bit and brought me down 2 points to better my gas mileage. He also made it a bit rich in the 2500 range so I would spool up a bit sooner. Other than that he said the tune I had was pretty good as it was. I don't feel any sort of change but I feel better knowing that it's running good.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 03:15 AM
Evolved Member

Nice!

ROL, that should give you a better indication now
Old Nov 22, 2007, 07:00 PM

After nearly a month of trying Blitzflip, and I finally got out cars dyno tunned. I booked us in at AFI Performance in Edmonton and our tunner Martin is the owner. Martin is a great guy that really knows his stuff.

Anyway, Blitzflip and I knew his car was boosting more than mine since our butt dyno's could tell his was pulling harder. My car has been consitently hitting 7 lbs and his gauges were reading 11lbs consitently. We could also tell his car was running a **** load richer than mine ( We later found out it was even richer than we could have imagined since my car was running so lean when ever I hit boost)

I bought my RRM kit used (a first gen kit). My car is currently set up almost identically to the RRM shop car when it was dyno'd last year. My results were almost identicle too. IIRC, the RRM car, when dyno'd, had the RRM Turbo kit, magnaflow axle back exhust and aluminum flywheel. My car has the RRM turbo kit, custom magnaflow axle back and UD pulley. Both on 91 octane pump gas and at 7lbs boost. The only real difference b/w the two is atomosphere and altitude. RRM dyn'd at 266 ft above sea level at approx +20 degrees celsisus(sp) and edmonton is 2200 ft above sea level at aprox +5 degrees celsisus(sp).

IIRC, the RRM shop car if I recall dyno'd 215.19 whp and 217.12 lbs/trq.

My car dyno'd at 214.91 WHP and 221.77 lbs/trq.

The scary thing was finding out that my car has been running deathly lean anytime I went into boost. When we did a base line run I was hitting A/F ratios of 14-17 anytime I started to spool up and boost. Martin was shocked and stumped after he carefully and logically went over my set-up and couldn't find an immediate cause.

We called Rob at RRM and advised him of the situation. TO Rob's credit he sent us their newest base tune and once we load that up everything started to look better. My car was still a little lean but out of danger. Martin did his thing and now my A/F ratios are were they need to be to maxmize power and reliabilty. Both Martin and Rob were amazed I didn't blow my motor long ago. Speaks to the strength of the 4G69.

Funny thing is that I thought my car was running fine and boosting fine, no indication of any problems, no pinging etc...

No body could figure out why I was leaning out so much. All we could think of was that the guy I bought the kit off monkied with the tune or took it to someone who didn't know what they were doing.

Moral of the story.

#1 if you have a turbo'd ride get a wide band. I am buying mine when I get back home.

#2 get your ride tunned by a Pro.

#3 always buy from companies like RRM. I bought a used kit and the customer service is still outstanding. I have been around the block long enough to understand you purchase products from people who are willing to stand behind what they sell. RRM will be getting more business from me.

Last edited by BlueSteel-06; Nov 22, 2007 at 08:01 PM.
Old Nov 22, 2007, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

+1 Rob and RRM stand behind their products regardless of who you buy them from. Excellent customer service They helped me with the NA piggy I bought used here.
Old Nov 25, 2007, 03:24 PM
Evolved Member

dont know about the dyno tune. I blew my clutch up tongiht

Done

Gone
Old Nov 25, 2007, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

oppertunity to buy an evo now....

Anybody wanna buy my car, AFTER i fix my transmission? 14,000 done to the motor. Who wants it?
Old Nov 25, 2007, 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

So tranny and clutch then? Good job!!!
Old Nov 25, 2007, 04:10 PM
Evolved Member

if it was gonna be anyone
Old Nov 25, 2007, 04:46 PM

Stop teasing, more information please................WTF happen'd
Old Nov 25, 2007, 06:06 PM
Evolving Member

Is it the tranny?

I got that stage 3 clutch & the tuner told me he is worry about it due to it gripping so fast & hard. Now I'm getting scared of the tranny holding up.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 03:32 AM
Evolved Member

What happened???

i power shifted into 3rd gear, everything sounded ok. But for some reason my car locked me out of 4th. Than i let off the gas to try and jam it into 4th and it just wouldnt work. I take my car to a complete stop, and its makeing a squicking noise. and i had to force my car into first, 2nd and 3rd gear. Coasted my car home in 3rd gear. My clutch pedel is limp as can be, and there was smoke coming from my SS clutch line

I'm hoping i just over presurized my clutchline. But it could be anything at this point.

I'm really thinking about just fixing the car, keeping it for a year to pay it off, than try to trade it in on the new evo 9 or X.

I love my ralliart, but its just not meant to make anything more than 162 HP. I got 15000 dollars done to the motor, and can barly make 250WHP, and the thing breaks once a month. Evo guys dont have this problem.

Really frusterated.

Quick Reply: Dyno tuned Turbo'd Ralliart