Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Dyno tuned Turbo'd Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2007, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ That's 100% correct.

I think a part-out would be wise if you want to recoup your losses. You almost have everything I can think of put into that car. But if you want a quick-sale, perhaps sell the car as is, but its not always easy selling as is.

I think you need a plan. Sit down and think of what you're going to do. The timeframe in which you wish to sell. Scenarios, selling with everything, and without and how much to expect. Get quotes on parting out the whole car and expected gains from the mods.

I think once you get it back, you'll want to fall in love with it, but know that you cannot because its the best decision for your situation.

It's funny how you talk of the RA now, I could only remember a few months back, the RA was the king of the roads for you! haha.

Maybe you might want to change your sig
Old Nov 26, 2007, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
haha.

I know I dont know what im saying. I'm just upset. I dont THINK I'm going to do anything as of yet. I know eventually I am going to trade in for an all wheel drive platform. I'm just not feeling front wheel drive. Just not meant for drag racing. I have to fix it and get it to 100% health. Just gotta take baby steps. I smoked, I'm relaxed, I'm thinking better now.

1. Fix it to 100% health (one month)
2. Talk to my dealership about trade in and get infomation (just to talk!)
3. Pay off the lancer (one year)
4. take the ralliart OFF the road, OFF insurance (ASAP)
5. buy a jetta (need it for my work, MAYBE buy it before i pay off the lancer)

6. With the lancer in a garage and my jetta a daily driver, time to investigate in an evo or R32. Thats right. I said it. R32 BABY. Supercharge that little ***** and have 500whp... ALL WHEEL DRIVE!
Old Nov 26, 2007, 03:31 PM
Evolved Member

Dont get it twisted. I do LOVE my car, i love lancers, and i love ralliarts. I just need ALL WHEEL DRIVE. I'll keep this baby for at least a year. GEt it dyno'd and see what happens...
Old Nov 26, 2007, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

^ Now if only Diavlo lived near you..

Old Nov 26, 2007, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

lol just wonder how reliable it will be
Old Nov 26, 2007, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

hee hee hee hee... come over to the dark side....

lol don't think that an evo is gonna break down any less though. ...but man... it's one heck of a race car.
Old Nov 26, 2007, 04:27 PM
Evolved Member

Any turbo car is going to require maintenance and tender loving car!
Old Nov 26, 2007, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

this is why im holding out for the new RA, with stock turbo and AWD, tho it will still need alot of maintenance, it shouldnt need to be as much as CH RA with aftermarket turbo(as proven by yours)
Old Nov 26, 2007, 08:12 PM
Evolving Member

Ive got a Del Sol for sale if you want that instead of a jetta. Honda, now that is the dark side.

BTW the engine i bought from you turns out to be a 300 lbs paper weight. The machine shop said the gouge in the cylinder wall was too deep to bore out and im not sleeving it.

So anyone want a Mivec Head?
Old Nov 26, 2007, 09:26 PM
Evolved Member

I guess that makes the two of us Stevo! haha.
Old Nov 27, 2007, 03:34 AM
Evolved Member

^group buy
Old Nov 27, 2007, 03:42 AM
Evolved Member

^ +1
Old Nov 28, 2007, 03:50 AM
Evolved Member

That is bad luck with the clutch... here is my 2cents worth, get the car fixed, drive it for another 6 months and try to sell it and the Evo 9's will be cheaper due to the rush on the X, personally as to if the c ar is worth the price you are asking I say yes deffinately - it is a proven car has been able to take a beating without too many dramas and all the problems that you have had have been very minor things and affordable fix ups... now if someone was very serious about buying it they will see it as a great buy and with the money that they may save on buying your car vs a R.A with same year and then add all the mods that you have will see it as a bargain.. there will be plenty of upcoming people wanting to buy - the Mirage owners will be looking and keen to upgrade there cars to something else... and your car is a good option for them - people have to start somewhere
Old Nov 28, 2007, 05:19 AM
Evolved Member

Yea I hope i can find somebody to buy it. I mean figure i paid 24,000 for the car (i know alot after financing it). Than i have 14,000 dollars in reciepts for parts. And figure about 4-5 thousand dollars in labor. Plus it has a new motor, and i took care of the car like my baby. It took a beating because, yes, its a race car. I might have broken the tranny, but a brand new one is going in. It's going to be in brand new shape, nothing wrong with it. I think 15,000 is a steal, but people will try and low ball me lol.

Well i been thinking, and i have a few options, what do you guys think i should do...

1. Pay my ralliart off, Buy a jetta cash (daily driver) than save up and trade in my ralliart for an evo. All this about a year from now.

2. Pay off my ralliart, KEEP IT as my race car, and buy a 2004 Lexus IS300 as a dialy driver...

3. OR try and put my ralliart on a downpayment NOW for an evo? DRive away by next month in the snow with four wheels...

What should i do???

1 is the best of both worlds. 2 is my gay race car with front wheel drive, but a beautiful lexus (and i'll be in dept again). And 3 I will Just be In even more dept, plus insurance will KILL me. But i'll instantly be happy.

What should i do? Sorry, im just thinking out loud here lol.
Old Nov 28, 2007, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

Keep it. Dont get a IS300. Get a cheap beater as a dd and put your time and $$ into the RA. The knowlage you will gain on the 4g69 and the fact that you are the fastest RA will be worth driving an older subie (my suggestion) as a DD.

Quick Reply: Dyno tuned Turbo'd Ralliart