Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Dyno tuned Turbo'd Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2008, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
from the bottom of my heart, dont make the mistake of selling the car, you will be an as$clown if you do that....

tunning and mechanical mistakes can happen, fix your problems and try again, and if it doesnt work try again and again and again..... in the end you will have a badass ride. you have the potential and so far the intelligence to figure it out

as far as help,
print the page on the service manual regarding the timing, the block, the head the pulleys all have marks, align the pulleys to the marks, is a trouble free mode to zero in your engine, do that your problem might be as basic as that....

also,tell your tunner (although he might already know it) the splitsec program works as a 'carbon sheet' both maps work directly on top of the other the changes in fuel you do on map A you should compensate on B as timing, as you were told it IS elemental...

hope you figure it out and i really hope you resolve it
Old Feb 3, 2008, 09:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear that. My own opinion I will fix it, you have 1 to 2 years left to pay. If you get an EVo it will start all over what? 4 to 6 years finanacing + ins.
I had seen 3 Evo's in the area I lived in Philly & they traded it in or probly did an ins. job, they no longer have them.

I know what u going tru, Remember last year in Feb. My RA went down with a hole in the block. Just got it on Dec thats 10 month with out her but now shes a whole diffrent beast I did 68mph on 3rd & 100 on 4th gear. closing in on 1000mile & she will go up from 8 to 10lbs of boost & later on to 12lbs of boost. I wish I was up there for you to drive her, That probly would have help you dicide to stay with yours.

Have patience she will get there.
Old Feb 4, 2008, 05:57 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks I appriciate the help and support. maybe once i get it running perfect, i will fall back in love with her. but the thing about making me wanna buy an evo is this....

I put 12,000-14,000 dollars into this car. And i probly cant break 300hp. Get an evo, and A) the whp is limitless, and B) 2500 dollars can get you 330whp without even trying... Now thats some results.

I feel i reached the limit with this car. What else is there? pistons, rods, and boost? Yea i already have 0 traction. it would make me slower if anything lol.

I really want an evo. But like you guys say, maybe after i get her fixed i'll start liking this little ***** again lol...

thanks guys
Old Feb 4, 2008, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

slicks....
Old Feb 5, 2008, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

so i talked to my mechanic today. he said he is to busy with his job to look at it. he said MAYBE thursday, if not he has all day saturday to fix it and having it running perfect.

Reason number 4,828 why God hates me.

So more waiting...

Car feels fine at 3/4 throttle. Really strong and tourquey... but at full throttle it loses power and coughs at mivec switch over point.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

just stick with it, when you get it running right you wont even think about 190whp. if you still want an evo then give me all the mods you have, ill drive to jersey and help you take everything off lol.

seriously, ive been in your position many times with my other cars. i know how it feels to want to give up but i wish i would have stuck it through with some of my previous rides but i made the mistake of giving up too soon. you have a nice RA so keep it, youll appreciate it more in the end IMO.
Old Feb 5, 2008, 11:42 PM
Evolving Member

You're always going to be limited by the FWD, and as much as everyone talks about an AWD conversion, it hasn't been done and I'm not sure if it will happen. I love my RA, but I personally want an AWD car and will be purchasing either a new RA if they release it in a 5spd or an evo.

I've put alot of time and money into my RA, but I just don't think I can justify it anymore. I've spent close to the same amount of money on my car as you have on yours and I have a brand new RRM turbo kit sitting in my house, because I've had ongoing tranny problems since installing the LSD. How can I justify putting a 4k turbo kit, on a car that I'm certain the tranny is going to go within a month?

The reality is, is that you can get great satisfaction out of making a slow car fast, but I personally will get more satisfaction out of making a fast car even faster. If I were you, I would jump all over the evo.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 12:24 AM
Evolved Member

im with CTR,
like there arent big problems im having with my car and i certainly havent spent as much as you guys, but im holing out for either a second hand evo, new RA, or mazda 3 mps or 6 mps or another car along those lines(im sorta liking the older audi a4's
Old Feb 6, 2008, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

Yea i really want to thank you guys for your help, advice, and support. This car is my baby, and i love her, but she has been making me upset and mad latly. I know for a fact, that within 6month-1 years time, i WILL own an evo9. Not going with evo8, and evo10 is to new and nobody knows abouti t yet. And im not going w/ the ralliart, cuz i garantee ppl will skip over it and make parts for the evo10. So i will be getting the evo9. Just gonna take time now
Old Feb 6, 2008, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

Well you have to fix the car to sell it first. And then if it's working properly you may decide to keep it. But I do understand the desire to go with the Evo. It's always been my favorite car. Too bad we can't have it in Canada.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 11:07 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DClipse
Well you have to fix the car to sell it first. And then if it's working properly you may decide to keep it. But I do understand the desire to go with the Evo. It's always been my favorite car. Too bad we can't have it in Canada.
+1, if you get it running right you might not want to sell it. if you want awd you should start and awd project since diavlo couldnt finish his .

i thought you guys are getting the evoX?
Old Feb 6, 2008, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

you should just trade it in for a 9 if u can, that way you dont have to waste money fixing it

(traded in a 88 EA falcon ex-taxi with 90XXXX(yes nine hundred thousand km - well it was more but thats where the clock stopped)) for my RA... but didnt get much tho lol
Old Feb 6, 2008, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

They'll try to offer some ridiculously low price because of that. And it really won't be worth it then. I could be wrong though.
Old Feb 6, 2008, 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Car dealerships rape you on trade ins. and rape you more with modded cars. I owe 10,500 on the car, adn i have 14,000 dollars in reciepts for this car in parts.... i will probly only get 9-11 grand if im lucky.... they rape you, than sell the car for 33,000 dollars. Its all about profit. they dont care. its a ripoff. But oh well what are you gonna do Its what i want, and i plan on having my evo till im 65. So it'll be worth it
Old Feb 6, 2008, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ralliart_on_LSD
Car dealerships rape you on trade ins. and rape you more with modded cars. I owe 10,500 on the car, adn i have 14,000 dollars in reciepts for this car in parts.... i will probly only get 9-11 grand if im lucky.... they rape you, than sell the car for 33,000 dollars. Its all about profit. they dont care. its a ripoff. But oh well what are you gonna do Its what i want, and i plan on having my evo till im 65. So it'll be worth it
nah, they probably wont even give you 9k for it b/c it has so many aftermarket parts on it. with your RA, selling it yourself is really the only way to go unless you bring it back to stock.

i cant believe you still owe 10,500 for your 04, i owe about 9k for my 05. did you get a high interest rate? my rate is high but i cant imagine your rate being higher than mine , but i could be wrong.

whats your reason for not getting an evo8? i love the 9s but the 8s are getting cheaper everyday.

Quick Reply: Dyno tuned Turbo'd Ralliart