Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Dyno tuned Turbo'd Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2007, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No, I reckon the results you got are decent for a non-tuned turbo.

I just can't wait for all that hidden power to be released when its tuned. And yes, I would prefer the linear curve rather than the splurge of boost just kicking in right away only to drop off after.

GG!
Old Oct 30, 2007, 03:17 PM
Evolving Member

I did 250hp & 245tq with 10psi. So 265hp to 285 is doable with your set up. Good luck finding the cable. Me & my tuner went everywhere looking for it. All day till we found it. Every store I went told me that my best bet will be to go to E-Bay. If I still was living up there I would have let u use my software CD.

Last edited by Jokiesmurf; Oct 30, 2007 at 06:25 PM. Reason: mispelling
Old Oct 30, 2007, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just got off the phone with Rob. Just ordered the RRM software.... very nice
Old Oct 30, 2007, 04:32 PM
Evolved Member

now hit up radioshack for the usb to serial adapter if you don't have one. you wanna make sure that the tuner can connect. remember, don't expect them to have anything they haven't already told you they have.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 04:49 PM
Evolved Member

true true... pay day is thursday my good man. Thanks for the help....

Next year in virginia your driving my car home from the BARS we will finally get to go to.
Old Oct 30, 2007, 08:59 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ralliart_on_LSD
true true... pay day is thursday my good man. Thanks for the help....

Next year in virginia your driving my car home from the BARS we will finally get to go to.
Ill ride with you, no friggin way im leaving my car in a bar parking lot
Old Oct 31, 2007, 04:48 AM
Evolved Member

sounds good to me. now that we know more about each other we can plan it a little differently.
Old Oct 31, 2007, 05:59 PM
Evolving Member

cant wait to see your numbers man, not meanin to get off topic but i should be turbo also by the meet next year and ill be stationed close to there hopefully so Ill know all the awesome bars and stuff around there
Old Oct 31, 2007, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

This is exactly why I don't like dyno numbers as they can reflect poorly or overly positive results they are simply a tuning tool race tracks are were the real numbers are as there is no better way to prove how fast or how much power your car truely has till it has been tracked

Originally Posted by bluebyu36
dynojet is the higest reading dyno, on a mustang dyno your car would be around 175
turbotrix has one of the highest reading dyno's i ever been on from
pruven,1320,and sean ivey's new shop..
anyway good luck once you get tuned it will be much better
Old Nov 1, 2007, 05:12 AM
Evolved Member

yea true. They dyno is just a way to make sure the car is running correctly. there dyno jet can be 30whp off from the dynojet down the street. It's just a tuning tool. Yea my car may only have 220 whp right now (with the power falling flat on its face lol), but that 220whp is enough to get a 13.4 second run. of course I did this BEFORE the ported head, cam, and 10psi, AND my rich fuel injector... So the car is nasty bottom line. The dyno is just a tool. And a good way to **** me off lol. After the tune I'll be in 12's. No doubt in my mind.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

...... and for the first time on these forums, I said my time.... oh geez the cats out the bag lol.... 13.4 About 3 months ago in the middle of summer in the heat. Back when my car was running perfect. No cam, no head, no 1000cc fuel injector dumping gas in.. Now I'll probly run a lil slower with all this fuel. 13.8?

Once im tuned up I'll be in the 12's all day

Last edited by Ralliart_on_LSD; Nov 1, 2007 at 05:21 AM.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 09:04 AM

So the moment we have all been waiting for. Somebody with a turbo'd ralliart is strapping her to the machine. My car is getting dyno tuned. My appointment is for tomarow at 10AM.

LIST OF MODS: (motor wise)

4g69
RRM turbo
RRM ported polished head
RRM cam
RRM ported polished intake
RRM pulley
borla 2.5 inch exhaust
RRM clutch/flywheel
dejon boost controller set at 10-11 psi (debating
1000 cc fuel injector to handle the boost
RRM/split second piggyback DYNO TUNED by turbo trix racing

I will post results and the dyno up as soon as i get home monday evening

I'm so exciting, my nipples are bursting threw the seems and my seat is soaking wet.....

Your ride is an inspiration to us turbo guys. Its funny how you can get used to more power so quickly. I am watching with eager anticipation. I am difenitely looking at getting the PP intake and header next year.

I will be dyno tunning my ride in the next two weeks - with the following power mods = RRM turbo kit, RRM UD pulley, Custom Axle back Magnaflow exhuast (2.25" piping as per RRM reccomendations), so I will have good base line numbers for a relatively stock turbo set-up. I will also be tunning on a AWD Mustange Dyno.

I should have pics of my ride this weekend. I finally got around to buying a new digitial camera.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

So the moment we have all been waiting for. Somebody with a turbo'd ralliart is strapping her to the machine. My car is getting dyno tuned. My appointment is for tomarow at 10AM.

LIST OF MODS: (motor wise)

4g69
RRM turbo
RRM ported polished head
RRM cam
RRM ported polished intake
RRM pulley
borla 2.5 inch exhaust
RRM clutch/flywheel
dejon boost controller set at 10-11 psi (debating
1000 cc fuel injector to handle the boost
RRM/split second piggyback DYNO TUNED by turbo trix racing

I will post results and the dyno up as soon as i get home monday evening

I'm so exciting, my nipples are bursting threw the seems and my seat is soaking wet.....
Do you have forged pistons installed???
Old Nov 1, 2007, 03:09 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the kind words . Your dyno numbers will be a little low, due to the mustang dyno. Makesure you get the proper software before you go to get it dyno'd.

And no I dont have anything forged yet. Thats my next big step. Need a daily driver first lol.
Old Nov 1, 2007, 03:33 PM

^^ Yea, when I got my turbo kit I quickly ordered the R4 software from RRM but I didn't even think about ensuring I had the cable. After reading your experince I went to Radio Shack and got the usb/db9 cable. I called my tunner and he said, bring the software and cable, "it'll make life easier". This is why I love sites like this.

I know the mustage dyno will spite out lower numbers than a Dynojet and others. I have read the debates at the end what convinced me to go with the guy who is tunning my ride is the fact that he has experince with Split second units. Regardless of the dyno, that's what I really care about, a guy who knows what he's doing and is familar with the equipment. (that reads kinda fruity)

Last edited by BlueSteel-06; Nov 1, 2007 at 03:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Dyno tuned Turbo'd Ralliart