Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Dyno tuned Turbo'd Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2007, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol, I can't wait as well.

About time a turbo'd ralliart has stepped up to the plate and got it dyno'd and tuned! Kudos to you ROL.

Hope you get some good numbers, if its not what you expect, be happy with it, they're just numbers in the end

Dyno chart ftw.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok well i just got home.... Long story short, I came unprepared.

Appearently, in order for our piggyback to be tuned on a dyno, you need the software from RRM, or a thing called a tetrix cable that can be found at openecu.org. Can't upload the system without the software. AND you cant plug the piggy directly into the dyno computer w/out the cable. So I couldnt tune it. AT ALL. I could run it, but no tuning. :'( This makes the hole lancer community sad.

Short story...

The 1000cc injector is making me running SUPER RICH with out the tune. I'm making 230WHP and 240TQ with the power falling flat on its face.. The dyno curve is litterally going downward due to the extra fuel. I'm running so rich that the air fuel ratio is off the charts. Not good. So my horse power is drastically be drowned by the 93 octane.

Long story....

I get there a little late because i got lost. Past the very last exit. Oopsie daisy... Get there and they install my manuel boost controller AND MY FUEL INJECTOR right away. I mean good job they installed it ASAP, but my dumbass shouldnt have had it installed it until after I got in on the dyno. So I sit around and wait for them to finish up an STI I think they had.

Well finally it was my turn to get strapped on the dyno. They put me on and the guy comes out and asks if I have the softwear. Appearently I didnt. So he said he coulnt tune it w/out that or the cable I explained above. So we installed the fuel injector, and upped the boost to just under 10psi. But we couldnt tune it. So there is just so much fuel bum-rushing into the engine, the power is just not there.

I will post the dyno up as soon as i can get it uploaded on my computer. But you see the powercurve is strong (really strong) at about 4 grand. But instead of the power curve going upwards (like it should do in any turbo motor) it literally goes downward.

The air fuel ratio is just funny. 10 is the lowest the chart goes (meaning the richest) and im way below 10, im off the charts. OFF THE CHARTS. Thats how rich im running. Everybody at turbotrix says i have PLENTY OF POWER to squeeze out of this lancer. And its obviouse from the dyno to. All I need is the softwear from RRM, or the cable from this website. TurboTrix recommends the cable for my setup and there dyno. So im going to order the cable tomorrow after work. And I'm going to schedrual a dyno appointment AGAIN in about a month or so.

So technically. This is a EXTREMELY RICH ralliart, NOT TUNED, running 9.8psi

top 3 runs...

220 WHP 230 TQ
212 WHP 238 TQ
214 WHP 245 TQ

YES i know... Pretty embarassing. Not what you expected. It's an unfinished product. Most important thing about a race car is its tune. This right here is prime example. Tuning is everything.

ONE MORE MONTH and i promise I will hit the dyno again and hit real numbers. 300 Wheel Horse Power Club, here I come

THE BUTT DYNO:

before the dyno tune i just didnt beat on the car. I was afraid it would lean out. But AFTER the tune. There is no turbo lag at all from the head. From 3K-4K RPMs The car is absolutly nasty. 2nd gear roaches the tires off, and 3rd gear it feels like it wants to slip away. 4K-5K RPM's the car feels like its picking up speed, and gaining horsepower, But just after 5k RPM's you can feel the motor just go SPLAT. Its just a small, steady acceleration, rather than the power i should be feeling. You can feel the car just stop pulling you. And every once in a while, at 4.5K + it will cough and back fire a little bit. While it was on the dyno, it coughed up black smoke

TOO RICH

So go ahead and make fun of me. I drove 2 hours, and couldnt get it dyno TUNED because of a stupid cable. Give me a month and I'll impress you guys. Dont worry.

Now my hand hurts from to much typing.

feedback, questions?
Old Oct 29, 2007, 06:21 PM
Evolving Member

Lol let me be the first to make fun of you... jk. Once you get it tuned you'll be outa control fast.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 06:25 PM
Evolved Member

haha thanks
Old Oct 29, 2007, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Nope, this is exactly what I expected. I have told you on many occasions you need to get her tuned! But kudos for taking the initiative, at least it gives us some sort of indication of the car's potential.

Don't worry, get the cable and the software, and you'll be sweet as pie.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

LOL I know. I need to get it TUNED. All i really did today was just add fuel and get a base run. I Probly had more HP before i put the fuel injector on. But oh well. Theres always next month
Old Oct 29, 2007, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Don't worry, I reckon your car will hit high numbers once you get that tune brother!

You're in the hands of experts and in the seat of a beast awaiting to be unleashed!
Old Oct 29, 2007, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

lol haha. I like the way you put it
Old Oct 29, 2007, 07:02 PM
Evolving Member

what kinda dyno was it?
Old Oct 29, 2007, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

dynojet
Old Oct 29, 2007, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

lol I'm not blamming my low numbers on the dynojet. I'm blamming my low numbers on the gallons of gas being dumped in my manifold lol.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

You shouldn't be embaressed at all. Those are some really good numbers for not being tuned. After you are tuned you should see some better numbers. Also check out the Basic lancer forums in the tech section for an entire thread about the cable you are going to be picking up. There's been a few thousand posts on that one thread about tuning and some really good links to read up on.
Old Oct 29, 2007, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

awesome. thanks for the complitments and the help I'm going to search, but i suck at searching lol. If you evr come across these threads, send a link. Thanks
Old Oct 29, 2007, 07:25 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
You don't need the tactrix cable. I'm guessing the shop is used to tuning Evos, but it won't do you a bit of good. You need a DB9 (serial) to USB coverter cable. Will run you $10-$15 at a computer store. It'll allow you to connect the piggyback to a laptop. Somebody who has a piggyback can verify, but I'm 99% sure it has a female DB9 connector.

Something like this.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16812156009
Old Oct 29, 2007, 07:54 PM
Evolved Member

Awsome thanks. I"ll check it out and tomarow and I'll message turbotrix about it. See what they say. I just dont wanna do anything tonight. I'm so burntout from today i just dont wanna deal with it. Just sit around and talk about it and cry

Quick Reply: Dyno tuned Turbo'd Ralliart