Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Supercharged RA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2008, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i thought ripp stopped making their sds kit for the RA

kc2buk: nice info but try to make your font a little bigger next time lol.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 09:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya know i lost hope on that to i really like the s/c kit, besides the fact that the other guys car caught on fire is not there fault, but i would like to get it ive made turbo cars b4 and am slowly working on a turbo for my RA but i would like to supercharge this one i think it has what it takes to be awsome s/c, ive built ls vtech with jacksonracing s/c and let me tell ya it went and the base numbers for the ra and its configuration are much better from the start then that, im going to try to contact them and find out just what is going on with htat , lol it is on sale right now

also the new vid of the a/t RA s/c at 307 is awsome, that could be a bit better to 5speed.

Last edited by RalliDew; Apr 19, 2008 at 09:45 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIiOMt5ktjM
found this on youtube.
Old Apr 27, 2008, 04:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RichC
Look for a video up shortly of Ripp Mod's SC kit, I was there yesterday and helped the owner film a short segment of what to expect.

A blown Ralliart came in,with 15k on the original kit. The owner went for stage 2, the car made 306 at the wheels on their Dyno Dynamics dyno.

I took a drive with Ross, Ripp's owner and filmed a short video of the car's new-found performance. The video consists of dyno runs, and street runs inside and fly-byes outside the car, as well as Ross explaining exactly what went into the car and how it feels to drive, they should post it up shortly.

It idled smoothly and drove with perfect manners around town. The 10 psi came on instantly, I was quite suprised with the performance.
does anyone have a link for this video or know where to find it? i didnt see it on their site or you tube at all.
Old May 4, 2008, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

this should be the video he is refering to i cant find the otherones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImBgo...-8&sa=N&tab=wv
Old May 10, 2008, 11:33 AM

All of the videos are here: http://www.youtube.com/user/RIPPMODS
Old May 21, 2008, 12:27 AM

We have a few 4G69s (GS) over at the 4G Eclipse forums with Ripp's SC the main complaints with them is their electronics that they use (Black Box and Brat) they have taken notice to the situation and released this video basically introducing a "tuners kit" where we have the option to use our own choice of fuel management which is the AEM FIC. A fellow member has designed a harness for our car and it is now starting to be used on alot of the cars for tuning.

Here is a link where the idea of a tuners kit is explained.

http://www.viddler.com/explore/RIPPMODS/videos/2/
Old May 21, 2008, 08:35 PM
Evolving Member

I would like to get a s/c kit for the lancer that drag video was pretty impressive
Old Jul 7, 2008, 09:33 PM
Evolving Member

Jesus. H Christmas......

I haven't been around the forum for the past year and you are STILL talking about my "Project: BBQ Lancer" ......LOL

Would I do it again ? IN A HEARTBEAT (all except for the 'weenie roast' that is...lol)

It's a small world, since the only reason I am even here in the first palce tonight, as I cought a 'Fuel Pump' Info link that brought me here.

You will all be glad to know that I have given up my Supercharger dreams and have gone to the 'Dark Side' (times 2...as in twice the fun...lo...TWIN TURBO !) and am now the prowd owner of a 1989 BNR32 Skyline GT-R.

You may remember my www.my4g69.com web page dedicated to my RalliArt Build ?

Well, I now have www.mybnr32.com .......lol....it just doesn't look as nice yet as I am having too much fun driving the car and couldn't care less about the page...hehe

Great to see that some things don't change........and yes, my car might have changed, but I am still the biggest @sshole on the 'Net as most will remember...lol

Cheers again.
Allan
Old Jul 7, 2008, 09:53 PM
Evolved Member

yea its still a hot topic cuz no ones gotten a s/c on the road..
Old Jul 7, 2008, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RichC
Look for a video up shortly of Ripp Mod's SC kit, I was there yesterday and helped the owner film a short segment of what to expect.

A blown Ralliart came in,with 15k on the original kit. The owner went for stage 2, the car made 306 at the wheels on their Dyno Dynamics dyno.

I took a drive with Ross, Ripp's owner and filmed a short video of the car's new-found performance. The video consists of dyno runs, and street runs inside and fly-byes outside the car, as well as Ross explaining exactly what went into the car and how it feels to drive, they should post it up shortly.

It idled smoothly and drove with perfect manners around town. The 10 psi came on instantly, I was quite suprised with the performance.

you should definitly get on ross to show these vids as i'm sure its what he needs to kick up some business in the lancer community
Old Jul 8, 2008, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

if i had the money, i would definately pick up a ripp supercharger before rrms turbo. SC are much more reliable.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

well not lancer bu the 4g guys seem to to have a few running ok i saw a vid somewere on you tube was workin great but i think theres are a bit diff 4g69 im pretty sure they have direct injection may be the reason other than project bbq lancer as he calles it, tweekin ppl out about getting it i believe he cleared there name about what happend???
seems to run nice?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j62e_...eature=related

found this one l8ter lol wanna s/c ??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsy4W...eature=related

Last edited by RalliDew; Jul 13, 2008 at 09:35 AM.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

can't wait to drop the stage 2 into my ralliart... wonder how long the water/meth IC lasts
Old Aug 1, 2008, 10:07 AM
Evolving Member

any updates on that vid? if i get one im going to take a trip to ny and get the guys at ripp to install and tune it.