Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

What is necessary for proper engine management?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2008, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
what kind of weight are you looking for, and what grade aluminum? I work for Ryerson. If it's not much weight it won't be worth your time though. Prices are high (but coming down slowly) and small orders usually don't warrant the die cost that the mills pass on with small quantity and/or one time orders it puts you back into "expensive" territory again, although I don't know what your purchasing power is

However, we are conducting inventory on our bar facility in Charlotte next month, which means a lot of our dormant items (or crap the warehouse doesn't have on the books at all) are going to be scrapped. If you already have specific parts in mind I probably can't help, but if you are looking to satisfy a goal rather than a drawing I am sure we will be getting rid of something that would suit your purposes for a decent price. Drop me a line and I'll give you the admin managers contact information and set you up{thumpup} scrap value pricing is wayyyyyy better than retail
Old Sep 23, 2008, 07:32 AM
Evolved Member

The board is 4.5" wide. I can cut and machine any extrusion down and make endplates for it. I need about 1.5" height inside as there is a daughterboard that handles some of the functions. The extrusion material doesn't really matter 6061 is just fine. Fins are OK, don't really care a lot. I'd like enough thickness so I can CnC a logo into the top after it's anodized.

-Michael
Old Sep 24, 2008, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

so some small leg (minimum inside 1.5") channel between 1/8 and 1/4 thick, with some flat bar a little wider (1/2" or so) than the channel to accommodate mounting points for the base. does that sound about right?

I'll see what we've got that will work, how many linear feet are you looking for? I'd ask how many units you are building, but that means I'd have to do the math for you

we have over $6 million in inventory in this building, is there any specific criteria you were hoping to meet? I know you said fins don't matter, but would you prefer rounded edges as opposed to 90* corners or maybe a curved radius top or etc.? how much material do you need to machine a logo? we have a significant amount of 6061 and 5052 extrusions to choose from, in all kinds of custom dies and shapes for our customers.

Last edited by DangerousDan; Sep 24, 2008 at 07:13 AM.
Old Sep 24, 2008, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i'm so glad this thread is active again
Old Sep 25, 2008, 04:01 PM
Evolved Member

First production run I'd like to do 25 or so. Still have my email addy? To machine a logo I only need about 1/8" of material. I was thinking of something like this:
http://www.haltech.com/downloads/Hal...Extrusions.pdf

Those aren't exactly what I need and they're a little too expensive. I'm still knee deep in the tuning software at the moment. Doesn't make sense selling a computer you need a hex editor to tune.

-Michael
Old Sep 27, 2008, 10:55 AM
Evolved Member

yeah, that would turn some people off

that is the shape I was thinking. more along the lines of the cover having the sides attached with a flat base for mounting. would be able to make the mounting lines with your equipment, or is that the big catch? also, can you weld aluminum?

I don't think I have your email addy, but you've got PM.