Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

2005 AT Tranny Lancer Ralliart Turbo

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2010, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by manolo2011
UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE.... ....DYNO YESTERDAY....260 WHP/267 TQ @ 9.5 PSI on a mustang dyno... AUTO TRANNY RA...nothing done either on the tranny nor the engine...still stock....
That's amazing! Congrats man!
Old Aug 30, 2010, 09:38 AM
Evolving Member

UPDATE: i install the tranny cooler and the AUTO METER tranny temperature gauge...i'm concerned about the temperature the car is working...sometimes i'm running it daily driving normal speed and the temperature is just 120 F ...any comments on this? ...is there a normal temperature for our auto tranny?
Old Jan 22, 2011, 08:32 PM
Evolving Member

UPDATE GUYS...:

from stock i had a t3/t4 .48 A/R turbo housing and .60 A/R compressor housing..practically no turbo lag with the .48 but not good in high speeds so i went to a .63 A/R turbo housing but still using a Stage 3 blades...i also installeda a presition turbo intercooler, OIL & Tranny COOLER...let see what the dyno says coming soon...still have to do some minor details...i'm running 9 psi without any issue so far...and still STOCK engine and tranny...
Old Jan 23, 2011, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very nice! Makes me think that a turbo may be an option again.
Old Feb 1, 2011, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by manolo2011
UPDATE GUYS...:

from stock i had a t3/t4 .48 A/R turbo housing and .60 A/R compressor housing..practically no turbo lag with the .48 but not good in high speeds so i went to a .63 A/R turbo housing but still using a Stage 3 blades...i also installeda a presition turbo intercooler, OIL & Tranny COOLER...let see what the dyno says coming soon...still have to do some minor details...i'm running 9 psi without any issue so far...and still STOCK engine and tranny...
Wow, 9 PSI with stock engine and tranny! That thing must be really well tuned; one little bit lean and it's going to be a grenade with the pin pulled.

I have been on this site for a while, and I'm convinced that the 4g69 is a tough engine. That the slushbox also holds up under that kind of boost is impressive. I have this fantasy that I'll convert my sportback to a manual after the transmission croaks. May have to just go ahead and do it when I get ready.

Heat is a huge factor with automatic transmissions. Do you have an auxiliary tranny cooler or other cooling mods (engine oil cooler, etc)? How about any valve body mods (shift kit)?
Old Feb 1, 2011, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

i have an oil cooler for the engine oil and a tranny cooler...i remove the tranny radiator cooling lines and have an independent cooler...i remove both foglights and put each cooler in each hole....
Old Feb 2, 2011, 04:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
if you don't mind me asking what brand of turbo did you use? or is it a chinese copy? I've heard of DSM guys that use chinese copy big 16g's without any problems...
Old Feb 3, 2011, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

i used a borg warner journal bearing external wastegate turbo, .63 A/R exhaust housing, .60 compressor housing...
Old Feb 10, 2011, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

update: installed a blox vacuum manifold...works great....still haven't push the car hard but at least everything looks pretty organize now...pics coming soon....
Old Feb 25, 2011, 01:40 PM
Evolving Member

probably next mod: AEM FIC...want to tune the car to get the maximum out of it...
Old Feb 25, 2011, 04:08 PM
EvoM Super Moderator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talk to hackish about tuning before you go with the fic.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 05:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
i'm not familiar with borg...i'm most likely going with an MHI 16g as they are less expensive than a Garrett

nice numbers...i'm hoping to achieve similar results...
Old Feb 27, 2011, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

borg warner the make turbos for porshe and german cars..they are a really big company and make great turbos....i'm really happy with it, no issues so far....

on the other hand about the FIC a friend of mine installed it on a Scion TC...even though it was plug and play, what he could do with the computer is awesome...i like how you can deal with map, maf and injectors separately...it's incredible... love it... also hackish is too far away and i personally don't like sending stuff to people...i don't trust that...if he can come to Puerto Rico, then i will be doing the reflash...i will talk to him about that also...a lot of RA's in puerto rico are waiting that reflash....
Old Jul 10, 2012, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 36 Likes on 36 Posts
Hey I know this thread is a bit old but I was hoping manolo would still chime in.

Are you still running your setup with only the FMU managing the fuel? Curious cause Im hopefully going to start a custom build for my own A/T RA. I know hackish is having some difficulty with the A/T ECU so Im hoping the FMU will be a temporary fix till he gets it all straightened out.

And you have any pictures of your current setup?

Thanks!
Old Jul 29, 2012, 05:07 PM
Evolving Member

well the Ralliart I put it back to STOCK because i was moving to the US and the Migration Office wont let me bring the Car to the US turbocharge. Here I bought an EVO X... right now im in the middle of deciding what to do... still confuse... but I ran that setup without any issues. Not sure if using the evo DD and put the ralliart as a 1/4 track car or building the evo for road racing... DECISIONS DECISIONS....

Quick Reply: 2005 AT Tranny Lancer Ralliart Turbo