Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Turbos [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 15, 2004, 08:44 AM
Dew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh man turbo tech, take a cue from raelic, mod a jetski, i'd love to see that, as if they weren't fast enough for me anyway.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Hey if you are gonna make anything to sell to us, how much for a turbo manifold??? I am interested right now.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

wow turbo tech whats up, sounds liek yoru car is moving along well. I was wdering when and if you do make a kit will can you include like eveything that you have dont ot your car hahaha, cuz it sounds like alot of hassle to go threw with all of that. But yeah just owndering when your gonna come out with a kit. Ok thanks alot again man, YORU CAR ROCKS!!
Old Jan 15, 2004, 10:39 AM
Evolving Member

Guys,
I have already seen a turbo charged jetski here in Puerto Rico. I do not have pictures, but it was a 2 stroke Sea-Doo GTX. It was turbo, with a water to air intercooler, converted to fuel injection with programable engine management. I saw it run once while tuning, and later it was in an exhibition at my University. When I saw it testing and tuning it ran about 86mph or something like that. Pretty FAST!

Sorry for the Off Topic

Julian Gutierrez
Autocentro MotorSports
Old Jan 15, 2004, 10:50 AM
Evolving Member

I wich if i can turbocharge a snowmobile but we never got snow heare in the caribbean WE GOT THE SAME WETHER ALL THE TIME.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

HOLLA JULIAN ESTAMOS DANDO EL NOMBRE DE PUERTO RICO A CONOCER EN ESTE FORO. INTERESANTE.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 11:55 AM
Dew

god i wish i couldve seen that jetski, because mine goes fast enough, but i would always want more speed out of it hehe
Old Jan 15, 2004, 12:49 PM
Evolved Member

if you ever did turbo charge a snowmobile my friend would be interested he races 4-wheelers professionaly and he loves snow mobiles also
Old Jan 15, 2004, 01:16 PM
Evolving Member

i don`t think there any snowmobile in the island to try! remember we never got snow so if the dealers bring any it will be stock for ever.

Last edited by TURBO TECH P.R.; Jan 15, 2004 at 01:18 PM.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

We do have quads with snow mobile engines,realy fast.polaris 3 cilinders. on a banchee frame.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 01:29 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by evoVI_PR
Guys,
I have already seen a turbo charged jetski here in Puerto Rico. I do not have pictures, but it was a 2 stroke Sea-Doo GTX. It was turbo, with a water to air intercooler, converted to fuel injection with programable engine management. I saw it run once while tuning, and later it was in an exhibition at my University. When I saw it testing and tuning it ran about 86mph or something like that. Pretty FAST!

Sorry for the Off Topic

Julian Gutierrez
Autocentro MotorSports
We'll I remember seeing a rotary jetsky here in PR.. Julian..congrats on your ET. I need to take my car to Carolina..so 88mph. The car seems to pull real good early in the run but tappers at the end of the 1/4. Still it's stock.. Turbo Tech I'll contact you soon for some goodies..
Saludos..
RAFA
Old Jan 15, 2004, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

no turbo tech i live in the states in pennsulvania we get alot of snow so he has snow mobiles, yeah yamaha sponsers him every year and they give him a quaqd with the yz426 engine in it they are so fast, he has so many sponsers, lucky bastard hahaha
Old Jan 15, 2004, 02:09 PM
Evolving Member

send us some snow by ups ja, ja,
Old Jan 15, 2004, 02:11 PM
Evolving Member

it will melt instantly ,we have 80 degress every day 70 is cold for us.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 08:34 PM

Hi everybody, I would like to ad some info about the process of the rally art. First, after the turbo was installed the car was running about 5psi with no modifications on the fuel system, the car was running pretty good, this car has a lot of torque(something Honda doesn’t have). Then we went to 10psi(+/-), the car started to run really hard but not as we spected, we were having a little knock close to the 10psi, so we decided to check the fuel system and there was the problem, to small for the new fuel demand, so we decided to upgrade fuel pump and boost dependant fuel regulator, the problem was that the car doesn’t come with a return line so we added one. After this the car ran really great, we even put 15psi but even with this it wasn’t as we spected the clutch started to give in. Eventhough we keep looking for more power so we added "turbospecialties additional injector controller" and this is when we released the beast, at just 9psi the car as capable of beating an evo8 easily. And for every one asking what about the Greddy emanage the car had it since the beginning but it wasn’t wire completely since there is no service manual for this car, so every wiring is done the hard way and it was easier to wire the additional injector controller than the greddy ecu but it is an cheap way off adding fuel( it work but it is not the best way to go ) so we decided to go with the greddy and boy this ecu works wonders, it allows you to modify the fuel and timing, it lets you move the vtec or mivec shift point and with the e-o1 or the pc interface software you can do wonders with it. So we hit the street to tune it so we could save time and $$ on the dyno. Then after a wile tuning this was a new car, the car was pulling great at 9psi, so we decided to go to the dyno next day. On the dyno we got 244hp and 236ft.tq on the first run, that was at just 9psi and the clutch was slipping, after playing with the fuel(12.3:1 a/r) we got 248hp and 244ft.tq and there goes the clutch it couldn’t handle the torque, time to go home. But these are great numbers for a stock engine and I know it can handle 15psi easily with a good air fuel mixture like 10.5:1, I have built many turbo Hondas and have run them at 17psi daly with no intercooler, so why can't we add boost to a real engine
. Hope I help everybody to understand, so please be patient it is not easy to work on a car this new, it is like working with your eyes closed. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Turbos [MERGED]