Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Turbos [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 12, 2004, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I want a tubro! haha
Old Feb 12, 2004, 02:00 PM

all i did was take the t3 out of my old dodge lancer and put a t4 compressor housing on it with a bigger compressor wheel as well as new bearings, seals and thrust washer. ended up costing me about $450 canadian. i think thats pretty cheap considering they sell for no less than $700 US... think about it ski10804lifehehe!!
Old Feb 12, 2004, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

DAM thats awsome i wish i new how to custom **** liek that to my car
Old Feb 12, 2004, 04:30 PM

i havent done any of this myself yet, but, what i did is just phoned around and asked evry shop i could find if anyone did custom performance stuff. within a couple weeks moving to a new city (saskatoon sk), i found out who truly can and cant do this sort of stuff. so....... i got one guy to rebuild my turbo and build me a custom intercooler and piping, and another guy to build an ehuast man. and downpipe. the rest like e-manage, e-01, wastegate, bov, etc., i am getting through another guy.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 04:33 PM

its easy to learn, you just have to research it
Old Feb 12, 2004, 08:13 PM
Evolving Member

hello turboguy the turbo the i am using is not a T25 is a GT25r is a big diference,big diferense, this turbo is capable of making 425hp in your case i think you are going to have some troble to try to fit a to4e compresor housing in to this car ,because the starter is in the front of the engine so theres no to much room for a housing that big.and remenber you have to keep heat away from the starter,other wise you are going to end replacing starters every week, i hope this help in you project.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 08:19 PM
Evolving Member

turbo guy did you rebalance that turbo? remenber that turbochargers needs to be rebalance when you change wheels{compresor or turbine wheel}if you dont do this your turbo will die very shortly.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 09:52 PM

turbo tech..... thanks for the advise, it all helps. i talked to the guy putting in the turbo tonight and he thought of maybe having the turbo sit higher than yours and closer to the driver side. if i did this i would have to get a different rad hose and fab a flange for the coolant housing on the head. as well, i think making the turbo sit on a bit of an angle would help it to fit better. i guess if all else fails i just bolt the t3 housing back on to make it fit.
Old Feb 12, 2004, 09:59 PM

sorry, i didnt realize your turbo was a GT25r. i hope i can get this t4 to fit because the t3 will max out at only 300hp and i would like to someday hit 400hp, yet not spend the cost of one like yours...... and i never thought to ask the guy if he balanced the wheels before reassembly, thanx for the reminder......... it could save me some headaches!!
Old Feb 12, 2004, 10:01 PM

thanks for the heads up......... i still havelots to learnhehehe!!!
Old Feb 12, 2004, 10:23 PM

by the way its a T03/T04B, not E, i dont think theres a big size difference anyways
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:28 PM
Evolved Member

dam so much turbo talk someone come out with a turbo kit lol you would make a fortune haha well it is awsome that you guys know how to custom turbos i wish i did
Old Feb 12, 2004, 11:34 PM

Re: WHAT ?

Originally posted by EVO2003VIII

Before I start talking to this guy I just want to introduce myself. I'm Edy, the owner of Edy's Dyno. Here in Puerto Rico more than half of the population doesn't even knows what is horsepower to the wheels, second probably you, the one that wrote this, doesn't even knows what you're talking about. What can motivate you to say that> ? Did you came here at my shop and try out the dyno>? Because I take here cars that run's with respective times in the tracks and they are real accurate with the horsepower that they have at the wheels in my dyno. For example, I took a hyundai accent from LM AUTO COMPUTER and he made on a 1.5 turbo and nos 380 hp at the wheels and at the tracks he made 11.4 . Do you have any questions? Other a supra single turbo 94 with 580 hp at the wheels made 11.5.
It's like a said, always talks the one that does'nt knows nothing about it.
If you take the weight of your car with the time that you do it can tell you a similar horsepower at the wheels and I always are in those numbers. If you have any questions regarding to my dyno or the numbers that the dyno gives, give me a call and I will clear all your doughts. Once again thanks for everyone that comes every week to my dyno and serious people that knows what a dyno is.
EDY'S DYNO
Ok, I just didn't talk. Cant you think that there is people that do their homework bafore they talk. If I said something you don't like doesnt mean it is wrong. Just because a hyndai have 380hp and a supra have 580hp doesn't mean that the dyno is correct. Thats no reason to say I am wrong and that I dont know nothing about dynos. But before I got to this conclusion I did my research, I went to a dyno day in your dyno and saw many cars on it, many hp numbers it was great, but how an Acura LS non vtec with bolt on mods hit 155hp at the wheels when a civic B16 barely hits 140hp with the same mods, and how a nissan sentra stock ( not the se-r ) hit 125hp at the wheels when they bearly reach 100hp. These same people whent to another dyno guess what? The acura got 125hp and the sentra got 100hp. Then the next dyno day I sent a turbo hyundai elantra bacause couldn't go and it got 240hp, then I took it to another dyno to see if what my friends had told me was true and guess what again? We got 210hp, what a coincidence. Another example is Pepe galant who got 670hp+/- and when he talks about his hp numbers he says he have 650hp+/- , why is he going to do this . But let's say no more, before you start talking again (because I know you will)do your homework and test a stock car on your dyno and then take it to another dyno and compare the results(but let the runs be in the same conditions, same engine temperature, etc.), then we will see who is wrong and if I am i will apologise. But don't say that always talks the one that doesn't know nothing because I do know, but, do you know??? Like I said, if I am wrong I am sorry, but prove me wrong and I will apologise but don't talk if you don't have the facts to back it up. Thanks.
Old Feb 13, 2004, 09:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by turboguy 03/04B
by the way its a T03/T04B, not E, i dont think theres a big size difference anyways
good luck.
Old Feb 13, 2004, 09:22 AM

Re: Re: WHAT ?

Originally posted by Ivano

Ok, I just didn't talk. Cant you think that there is people that do their homework bafore they talk. If I said something you don't like doesnt mean it is wrong. Just because a hyndai have 380hp and a supra have 580hp doesn't mean that the dyno is correct. Thats no reason to say I am wrong and that I dont know nothing about dynos. But before I got to this conclusion I did my research, I went to a dyno day in your dyno and saw many cars on it, many hp numbers it was great, but how an Acura LS non vtec with bolt on mods hit 155hp at the wheels when a civic B16 barely hits 140hp with the same mods, and how a nissan sentra stock ( not the se-r ) hit 125hp at the wheels when they bearly reach 100hp. These same people whent to another dyno guess what? The acura got 125hp and the sentra got 100hp. Then the next dyno day I sent a turbo hyundai elantra bacause couldn't go and it got 240hp, then I took it to another dyno to see if what my friends had told me was true and guess what again? We got 210hp, what a coincidence. Another example is Pepe galant who got 670hp+/- and when he talks about his hp numbers he says he have 650hp+/- , why is he going to do this . But let's say no more, before you start talking again (because I know you will)do your homework and test a stock car on your dyno and then take it to another dyno and compare the results(but let the runs be in the same conditions, same engine temperature, etc.), then we will see who is wrong and if I am i will apologise. But don't say that always talks the one that doesn't know nothing because I do know, but, do you know??? Like I said, if I am wrong I am sorry, but prove me wrong and I will apologise but don't talk if you don't have the facts to back it up. Thanks.
I'm not going to say anything because you, if you said that you know what you're talking about, there are things that called wheater and sea level and barometic pressure....... with that in mind is abvious that not all dynos are the same because of the location. And also if you know not all the remaining dynos in puerto rico make the same numbers. I'm not going to say any names because I have a bussiness and I don't like when people talks bad things about my bussiness but if you take a car to a dyno and test it in all the dynos in puerto rico you will see that not all are going to make the same numbers even dough are the same brand. All the remaining dynos are dyno jets and mine is mustang dyno, do you know what a mustang dyno is ??

Is the only one that you have to put down the weight of the car that is on the dyno and what kind of engine does it have and what liters is so if you see is more specific in terms of information. The other dynos make the same load to all the cars that you put on. For example, if you test a camaro 8cil that weights more than 3000 pounds how could it be posible to use the same load than a suzuki 3 cil that weights 2100 pounds.???

taking that in consideration, is abvious that a mustang dyno sets the rolls with the specific load to a specific car. If a acura nonvtec made 155 at the wheels and that car has some bolts on to the engine don't expect to have the same horsepower that has from the fabric. That car has problably 128 at the wheels and if you have bolt on things how can it be posible to give 125 ??? By you that means that the bolt on things does'nt give anything at all ???

I'm not saying that my dyno is the best one in puerto rico but a dyno is a device where you go in and try to take out horsepowers by changing degrees or gas or ignition or boost etc... that is what it counts, if you prefer to go to other dynos do so, but if you are going to say that my dyno gives more horsepowers or is wrong I will talk.... if you had a dyno and people like you are talking about like you did , you probably are going to make statements. right???

Once again take care my friend and if you have any question let me know that Im here to answer all....

Edy's Dyno

Quick Reply: Turbos [MERGED]