Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Turbos [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2004, 05:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
turbo tech you still working on that turbo kit for the RA. And i sent you a private message asking about the evo2 exaughst i need to know where i can get an extra oxygen spacer nut and where does it go when i installt eh exaughst
Old Feb 13, 2004, 05:47 PM

hey turbo tech, i was wondering if you built the downpipe to connect to the factory exhaust where the factory header did, or did you do some other cutting and welding?
Old Feb 13, 2004, 09:07 PM

Talking Check this match!!!

Check out this Evo vs. Hyundai Accent .

This Accent has 1.5L turbo with NOS and most of all automatic. This was made in Puerto Rico.
Attached Thumbnails Turbos [MERGED]-pulga.jpg  

Last edited by EVO2003VIII; Feb 14, 2004 at 07:23 AM.
Old Feb 14, 2004, 09:22 PM

Re: Re: Re: WHAT ?

Originally posted by EVO2003VIII

I'm not going to say anything because you, if you said that you know what you're talking about, there are things that called wheater and sea level and barometic pressure....... with that in mind is abvious that not all dynos are the same because of the location. And also if you know not all the remaining dynos in puerto rico make the same numbers. I'm not going to say any names because I have a bussiness and I don't like when people talks bad things about my bussiness but if you take a car to a dyno and test it in all the dynos in puerto rico you will see that not all are going to make the same numbers even dough are the same brand. All the remaining dynos are dyno jets and mine is mustang dyno, do you know what a mustang dyno is ??

Is the only one that you have to put down the weight of the car that is on the dyno and what kind of engine does it have and what liters is so if you see is more specific in terms of information. The other dynos make the same load to all the cars that you put on. For example, if you test a camaro 8cil that weights more than 3000 pounds how could it be posible to use the same load than a suzuki 3 cil that weights 2100 pounds.???

taking that in consideration, is abvious that a mustang dyno sets the rolls with the specific load to a specific car. If a acura nonvtec made 155 at the wheels and that car has some bolts on to the engine don't expect to have the same horsepower that has from the fabric. That car has problably 128 at the wheels and if you have bolt on things how can it be posible to give 125 ??? By you that means that the bolt on things does'nt give anything at all ???

I'm not saying that my dyno is the best one in puerto rico but a dyno is a device where you go in and try to take out horsepowers by changing degrees or gas or ignition or boost etc... that is what it counts, if you prefer to go to other dynos do so, but if you are going to say that my dyno gives more horsepowers or is wrong I will talk.... if you had a dyno and people like you are talking about like you did , you probably are going to make statements. right???

Once again take care my friend and if you have any question let me know that Im here to answer all....

Edy's Dyno

Again you talk and seems like you didn't,read what I wrote, I said for you to do a test in the same conditions, in PR the altitude is the same because we live at sea level, and barometric pressure depends on altitude so it does not change either, the only variables that are important are temperature and humidity, and I ask you to do the test in the same conditions, is hard but possible because in PR the weather is the same on the island most of the time. Now I do know what is a mustang dyno and also know the vice president from mustang dyno Dave Ganzhorn. As I know there is a Superflow dyno, Dynojet dyno(the most common) and DYNOmite(from land and sea corp). And like you said you need the weigh of the car, you don,t. Then your dyno just works for stock cars were you can have the weigh, but it would be use less for testing the cars that have mods which some add weigh, and how would you test a car that has gone trough weight reduction, how would you know the weigt of that car? But all dynos do use the same principle of physics newtons law Force=Mass*Acceleration, then the dyno software combine this formula with W=F*D and P=W/T and then it calculates torque and with torque it calculates the HP. In all these formulas you never need the weigh off the car or object in test, it would be impossible to know the weigt of all the cars. Yes you use the aprox. weigt of the car in a dyno with eddy current power absorber for other tests, like for tuning an engine in an specific rpm or speed but not to get the hp. Some dyno use electric load, some inertial and some hydraulic, but all use the same principle newtons law. So going back to the beginning, all dynos in PR should be close in the readings, to have a difference of 30hp, there should be a calibration problem. I don't say that your dyno is wrong, maybe your is the one thats correct. But I like the one with the lowest reading to be conservative.
Hey EVO2033VIII, I am looking forward to meeting you, not to argue more, just to test your dyno my self, hope you don't mind.
Old Feb 15, 2004, 06:43 PM

Are you shure that the weather of mayaguez is the same one as the weather of ponce? Let me tell you a little bit about altitude, my dyno was originaly from caguas, when I put it at ponce and the guy from mustang dyno came to ponce do you know what happend? The sea level and also the altitude was different from caguas so he needed to change a lot of numbers in terms of calibration. So you see my friend that not all places in Puerto Rico are the same. Since we live in a place where is full of mountains, Ponce is not in the same altitude as caguas and also probably is not the same as mayaguez so with all the remaining places. So you can see with this that if you take your car to a mayaguez dyno and make 130 hp and you take it to caguas or arecibo or san juan there is no way, and I can honestly say this, is not going to make the same numbers. People like you not also say that dynos make different numbers but I know people that go to different dynos and they not make same numbers even dought they are the same brand without making any changes to the engine. A little info about mustang dyno, like a said, you have to enter a weight for the vehicle and then provides a resistance throughout the entire run, simulation wind resistance. DYNO JET only have to overcome the polar moment of inertia and then you'd have rare numbers also an accelerometer whereby it uses a 3000-3200 pound drum that is used to create an inertia load on the vehicle. The vehicle's horsepower and torque try to overcome the weight/inertia of the drum to accelerate it. As a result the software and electronics try to measure the horsepower and torque that the vehicle is developing to overcome the drum's weight and inertia.The resulting hp and torque will be higher or lower than the true loading dyno because once the drums starts moving not as much power(effort) is needed to keep it going. The software does not ask for vehicle weight or anything like horsepower needed to maintain 50 mph (a number that is actually put out by the E.P.A. and N.H.T.S.A).
The mustang dyno it uses an inertia weight as well as an eddy current motor that is attached to the rollers. This eddy current motor creates a drag on the shaft by way of electricity that causes a magnetic field to try and overcome the torque going through the roller shaft. The software is always trying to simulate load as if the car is driving in real conditions.

With this, there is no more to say. All dynos are for getting horsepowers. It's a fine tune device that calculates the same thing, horsepowers. It can be in newtons, eddie current power absorver or just what ever kind of method of calculating the hp and torque.
Old Feb 16, 2004, 12:12 AM

Originally posted by EVO2003VIII
Are you shure that the weather of mayaguez is the same one as the weather of ponce? Let me tell you a little bit about altitude, my dyno was originaly from caguas, when I put it at ponce and the guy from mustang dyno came to ponce do you know what happend? The sea level and also the altitude was different from caguas so he needed to change a lot of numbers in terms of calibration. So you see my friend that not all places in Puerto Rico are the same. Since we live in a place where is full of mountains, Ponce is not in the same altitude as caguas and also probably is not the same as mayaguez so with all the remaining places. So you can see with this that if you take your car to a mayaguez dyno and make 130 hp and you take it to caguas or arecibo or san juan there is no way, and I can honestly say this, is not going to make the same numbers. People like you not also say that dynos make different numbers but I know people that go to different dynos and they not make same numbers even dought they are the same brand without making any changes to the engine. A little info about mustang dyno, like a said, you have to enter a weight for the vehicle and then provides a resistance throughout the entire run, simulation wind resistance. DYNO JET only have to overcome the polar moment of inertia and then you'd have rare numbers also an accelerometer whereby it uses a 3000-3200 pound drum that is used to create an inertia load on the vehicle. The vehicle's horsepower and torque try to overcome the weight/inertia of the drum to accelerate it. As a result the software and electronics try to measure the horsepower and torque that the vehicle is developing to overcome the drum's weight and inertia.The resulting hp and torque will be higher or lower than the true loading dyno because once the drums starts moving not as much power(effort) is needed to keep it going. The software does not ask for vehicle weight or anything like horsepower needed to maintain 50 mph (a number that is actually put out by the E.P.A. and N.H.T.S.A).
The mustang dyno it uses an inertia weight as well as an eddy current motor that is attached to the rollers. This eddy current motor creates a drag on the shaft by way of electricity that causes a magnetic field to try and overcome the torque going through the roller shaft. The software is always trying to simulate load as if the car is driving in real conditions.

With this, there is no more to say. All dynos are for getting horsepowers. It's a fine tune device that calculates the same thing, horsepowers. It can be in newtons, eddie current power absorver or just what ever kind of method of calculating the hp and torque.
One question, Do you know the weigh of an crx with a B16 engine that have the bumpers removed for weigh reduction and all the seat removed, or do you how much weighs a mirage with a 4g63 turbo engine? So how accurate is it going to be if someone have removed 500lbs from his car, how would you know that?
Old Feb 16, 2004, 02:26 PM

people i meet malvin from turbo tech in an event of solo1 (circuit)in ponce pr and believe me when i tell you tha he is going to do a great gob , and when the turbo kit comes out is going to be the best bye bye and remember mivecpower - it comes to stay - can you dig it!
Old Feb 16, 2004, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

hell yeah do you knwo an estimated date that his kit iwll come out
Old Feb 16, 2004, 08:45 PM

FINAL COMENT

This is the last message that I'm going to write because it's hopeless to keep talking to you, you never loose.

In the dyno I put my car and change the weight to see what happends and guest what: if the weight is for more than 500 pounds there are changes to the hp but not significant numbers. So you see that if I check out a weight of any particular car that weights(lets say) 3000 pounds and the guy does'nt have bumpers or seats or any other thing I don't think that is going to be more than 500 pounds and also if you take out does things and add a bigger engine, you are getting more weight so you get weight for the bigger engine. Practically you're not making a significant change in weight. Also the hp @50 mph does'nt change for any car.

But, if you want to go to a different dyno, do it. I will serve the people as good as I always do and my service is first class A+. Also now I have the air/fuel ratio sensor, so my dyno is now complete.
Everyone is welcome to my dyno and it works!

The numbers at the tracks always say the hp but also the driver is very important.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND TO EVERYONE

Last edited by EVO2003VIII; Feb 16, 2004 at 08:50 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2004, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Ivano

One question, Do you know the weigh of an crx with a B16 engine that have the bumpers removed for weigh reduction and all the seat removed, or do you how much weighs a mirage with a 4g63 turbo engine? So how accurate is it going to be if someone have removed 500lbs from his car, how would you know that?
Guys,guys....HOLD IT..! Dynos are not specific, they are tools for us to use and measure.. It's like a Doctor's weight scale. You can visit al the doctors office in the world and in all the scales your are going to weight different even if the conditions are optimal. They are only used as reference.. I always recomend using only one dyno for starting point and all the mods..What I do is take the car to certain dyno..And measure stock WHP..numbers dont matter for tuners..esc.. Manufactures claim 160 but dynoed 140whp then for me 140whp =160 HP so 1 WHP = 1.1428HP of the manufacturer (160HP/140WHP=1.1428) so if I put an intake and made 148 WHP then you gain 8x1.1428= 9.1424 HP or your car has 169.14 HP. The important fact about dynos is that you have to measure your car always in the same dyno as you should weight yourself always in the same scale and forget what others are dynoing or weight in others scales.. I only care about dynos for seeing the gains others are having while measuring with the dyno..

My 2cents..

Old Feb 17, 2004, 03:02 PM

Originally posted by Thunder-rush

Guys,guys....HOLD IT..! Dynos are not specific, they are tools for us to use and measure.. It's like a Doctor's weight scale. You can visit al the doctors office in the world and in all the scales your are going to weight different even if the conditions are optimal. They are only used as reference.. I always recomend using only one dyno for starting point and all the mods..What I do is take the car to certain dyno..And measure stock WHP..numbers dont matter for tuners..esc.. Manufactures claim 160 but dynoed 140whp then for me 140whp =160 HP so 1 WHP = 1.1428HP of the manufacturer (160HP/140WHP=1.1428) so if I put an intake and made 148 WHP then you gain 8x1.1428= 9.1424 HP or your car has 169.14 HP. The important fact about dynos is that you have to measure your car always in the same dyno as you should weight yourself always in the same scale and forget what others are dynoing or weight in others scales.. I only care about dynos for seeing the gains others are having while measuring with the dyno..

My 2cents..

Oh and just to set it straight the number that the manufacture says is at the flywheel and not at the wheels. Just trying to make sure you knew that, and not trying to be a ***.
Old Feb 18, 2004, 08:11 PM

Ok, guys most of all know the difference in whp and flywheel hp, and I use the same dyno to tune, that is a basic principle in the tuning world to use the same dyno. But my point was that you can't spect a 30hp difference between dynos at the same sea level and almost same temperature. Something has to be wrong in the calibration. For example a stock nissan sentra gets 90whp in a dyno and then it gets 125whp+/- on the other. Thats about 35hp more, I can spect a 15hp disfference but 35hp? I know dynos are for tuning and to see the gains but I like a dyno to be as close to reality as possible.
Old Feb 19, 2004, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Ivano
Ok, guys most of all know the difference in whp and flywheel hp, and I use the same dyno to tune, that is a basic principle in the tuning world to use the same dyno. But my point was that you can't spect a 30hp difference between dynos at the same sea level and almost same temperature. Something has to be wrong in the calibration. For example a stock nissan sentra gets 90whp in a dyno and then it gets 125whp+/- on the other. Thats about 35hp more, I can spect a 15hp disfference but 35hp? I know dynos are for tuning and to see the gains but I like a dyno to be as close to reality as possible.
Maybe his dyno has flywheel HP correction ..! I know a guy who dynoed his Matrix and gave 184WHp on that dyno...And only had exhaust in it.. So its close to flywheel measurements or at least has correction on it..But serves the purpose to make adjustments and record them..

Thunder..
Old Feb 19, 2004, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

anyone know of anybody who is comin out with a turbo kit yet???? i want one bad
Old Feb 20, 2004, 02:01 AM
Evolved Member

dude if you are THAT ready, go to a decent shop and have them fab one. The people who do that should be pretty well versed on the turbo theories. There are LOTS of places that do them and they are about the same $$$ as pre-done "kits"

Quick Reply: Turbos [MERGED]