Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Turbos [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2004, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mitsumichael7 thanks alot man i had e-mailed road race acking abotu there turbo and they said theyw ill be releasing it in a few weeks, i have already baught there CAI and i was thinkin abotu buying there piggyback ecu, i also baught there carbon fiber pillars and really nice blitz blm carbon fiber gauges, and i got the new greddy evo2 exaughst, im at college right now and all my parts and car is in PA but spring break is only 2 weeks away i will post pics once i get it all installed. I really want me car to be over 300hp do you think this is possible? thanks for your help guys.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 06:24 PM
Evolving Member

300 hp will be a decent job with the turbo. If the car has 150whp right now, to get up to 300whp you would need to be pushing a bit more than 15psi which might make your car not last all that long without upgraded internals. But I have never seen the inside of this engine, maybe it can handle that much. But I know that TurboTech said he was having clutch slip issues at 15 psi so you may have to upgrade that as well. I don't think you would really need 300whp, especially if it meant sacrificing reliability.
Old Feb 23, 2004, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

why in gods green earth are you looking for 300hp in a ralliart. Not that the car cant do it, but you dont need that much to be faster than most other cars on the road. Bolt on some power and let the car do the work.
Old Feb 24, 2004, 12:23 AM
Evolved Member

i want 300hp cuz i want it lol i want it to be not just fast but real fast
Old Feb 24, 2004, 12:40 AM

i agree with you ski, anyways hi all, i have been on here a couple days and havent posted just reading what you guys have been talking about so i dont ask same questions. i am with you ski, if you are going to trick your car might as well take it to max, why just join the bumble bee club (stupid sounding exhaust) and put tailights on. anyways guys i dont know much but i know some. ill help if i can.

mike
Old Feb 24, 2004, 12:46 AM

i'm throwing a turbo in my car for three reasons: if i'm not the only one to have a turbod RA in western canada, i'll be one of the few, second, there is no better feeling than driving a car that boosts, and................ i love turbo noise.

oh yeah, and like kicking the sh*t out of cocky civics!
Old Feb 24, 2004, 01:04 AM
Evolved Member

you dont need a turbo to kit the **** out of cocky Civics. It is always nice to be first, but not at the expense of your motor. Turbo is not for rookies. We all encourage getting everything out of your cars and going turbo is great for all that are ready, but ski...you probably arent ready for that kind of mod. Not yet at least. All I have been trying to say from moment #1 is to take your time. No need to hurry and do something that you are ready for that can cost you thousands of $$$ that it shouldnt. Other than that...happy hunting.
Old Feb 24, 2004, 01:11 AM

i agree with chiefs1919 in that its almost a waste to just throw on an exhuast and cheap washer nozzle lights, the car wont be any faster and it will be a big ball of cheeze. i say if someone is going to upgrade their car, customize it at the same time or else leave it stock......... cars have feelings too.
Old Feb 24, 2004, 01:27 AM

your right mitsumichael7, it would be too bad to blow up an engine, and its very possible, but i personally am prepared for it because for me money is simply time and a rod through a cylinder wall is a learning experience. of course not too many people share this opinion, and they shouldn't be the first to turbo their car.
Old Feb 24, 2004, 03:20 AM
Evolved Member

they are turbo charging the regular Lancers with pretty good success right now so that is a good sign. But I talked to some of the guys with turbo the other day and they say they are boosting 7 psi, and the RA the Road Race has with teh CAi, exhaust and piggy back is really close to keeping up with them. So apparently the piggy back does a LOT! I am saving right now and if I have a big tip week I am giong to buy it. Everyone is bragging about it so I am going to put it to the test. So once again, start one place and go big when the place you start at gets old. Do the basics, exhaust, intake, piggy back, then after that gets old...BOOST YOUR *** OFF!
Old Feb 24, 2004, 09:35 AM
Evolved Member

hahahah no guys im not sayin i want to drop a turbo in my RA right away i just wanna learn how do do so when i need to much later on after i got bored with smaller mods. Just wanna know more about turbos. And i am buying the piggyback ecu also and when road race comes out with it's turbo kit i just send the ecu back in to get reconfigured again and sent back witht he turbo. But yeah thanks alot guys, sorry if i sound like a dumbass lol
Old Feb 24, 2004, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by ski10804life
hahahah no guys im not sayin i want to drop a turbo in my RA right away i just wanna learn how do do so when i need to much later on after i got bored with smaller mods. Just wanna know more about turbos. And i am buying the piggyback ecu also and when road race comes out with it's turbo kit i just send the ecu back in to get reconfigured again and sent back witht he turbo. But yeah thanks alot guys, sorry if i sound like a dumbass lol
For the record ski, I have been reading posts in here for a while and have read a lot of your posts, and this last statement is the most intelligent thing I have read from you yet.

michael7
Old Feb 25, 2004, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

hahaha yah sorry if my post are sometimes confusing guys my bad but yeah i just want to know more about the whole turbo deal so i know what i need to modify when i get it and all that stuff ya know, well thanks guys
Old Feb 25, 2004, 03:10 PM
Evolving Member

I am telling you, buy maximum boost by corky bell and you can learn all sorts of stuff about turbos. Plus it is a pretty easy read too, especially if you are in college.
Old Mar 6, 2004, 02:03 AM

ok here is a site for you guys that want to learn more about turbo. www.howstuffworks.com , there are tons of things to research including turbos, real good section on it i read the other night. have fun with this

Quick Reply: Turbos [MERGED]