Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

Turbos [MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2004, 06:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Treilix
Heres a quick one for you manual lovers.....everyone is doggin' the Auto RA.....well mitsu makes a tranny called the INVEC II, which is a 5 speed automatic, with the same close ratio gearing that the manual trannys have.....it is also "Sporttronic" which in reality means you can put it into manual mode and it can shift as fast as any "good" driver.....also it gives you full control over gear selection in manual mode....EX you can go from 1st to 4th or from 5th to 2nd and not have to go "through" the other gears......and why is this relevant? because mitsu makes it for a japan-style fleet of vehicles that have the....2.4 Mivec.....so it should bolt up.....fitament will be another story.....but i am researching the tranny and am in the process of either getting one local or having one shipped here from HK....one good thing is that it can handle the extra power from forced induc.......a ++++

Rob
Had the sportstronic on my eclipse....it isn't that great and the hookups from the sensors to get the sportstronic to work prevented a lot of people from doing simple things like adding a cold air intake...so not a great idea...just get a manual...Be careful if you think it can handle the power. Are you basing this off the turboed japanese models? if so you might want to read the specs more being that they have the same horsepower turboed as ours do stock. Don't want to break you bubble on this one...just don't want you to get all gung ho on this and find out it won't work. Granted also the sportstronic is fun and an easy way to learn the shifting of the gears (thats actually how I learned before getting my manual mr2 spyder and now the manual ralliart) it is not as quick as a manual I found (delay in shift) and you do lose power because of the special setup.

- Matt
Old Jun 25, 2004, 09:17 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Check this out:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=86377

The Turbo kit is 95% Bold In for the Ralliart.

Originally Posted by I REP 838
I have a question about Turbo chargers... How much do they run, for the kit and the install? I know it varies of course but for those of you who have an 02 Lancer Turbocharged, how much did it run you total for parts and installation? I'm curious. My friend did her Civic EP3 Hatchback and I think it ran her about 3.6 grand or something after the install.

Her hatchback runs 13.585 in a quarter mile at 107. And keep in mind that is a girl driving...

No offense ladies