Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2016 | 07:35 AM
Evolved Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by truthdweller
I'm trying to get a free pass to NJMP by promoting it right now, but to answer your question, yes, I hope to get out again this season, if not a few times.
I just received an email informing me that I have an hour of track time waiting to be redeemed at NJMP! Is the car ready? Nope...

Last edited by truthdweller; Apr 2, 2016 at 07:48 AM.
Old Apr 2, 2016 | 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

More:

Old Apr 2, 2016 | 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone else experiencing issues with not being able to copy from a website (or other window) and pasting back to evolutionm.net using their Android smartphone?
It must be a Firefox issue for I'm using Chrome now and I'm good to go.
Old Apr 4, 2016 | 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Truth, did you do father/daughter dance at reception - if so, what song?
Old Apr 4, 2016 | 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RalliartN
Truth, did you do father/daughter dance at reception - if so, what song?
Yes...
From the Tarzan Soundtrack:
Phil Colins - You'll Be In My Heart

Old Apr 5, 2016 | 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Awww... Such a good picture!
Old Apr 5, 2016 | 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bakuro117
Awww... Such a good picture!
It was rough...*sigh*
Old Apr 5, 2016 | 02:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by slc-ralliart
Truth,

The progress bars have a tendency to squeak like a mother after about 6 months to a year after install once the grease works it way out. The best solution I found was to wrap the bar with yellow (gas line) teflon tape. It stops the squeaks and lasts far longer than the silicon grease.
I contacted Progress Auto about the "squeak" and asked if they sold the same grease they supplied in the kit, and this was their reply:

"We don't sell the grease separately at this time, you can use a graphite style grease (not spray). Some local speed shops will carry either Energy Suspension or Prothane bushings and will have their grease available. Just make sure you clean out all the dirt and debris from the bushing before re-greasing."

It appears you've found a better solution. For the record, how much longer do you find that that yellow teflon tape lasts? Answer as if you were giving a review with specifics for I will forward your response to them, if you don't mind.
Old Apr 6, 2016 | 12:10 AM
Evolved Member

Both axles are finished and ready to ship for $245 from http://cvaxles.com. As mentioned above, I had the OEM passenger axle rebuilt, which cost me $85. The driver axle had to be sourced and recreated, which cost $160.
Old Apr 7, 2016 | 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Yes...
From the Tarzan Soundtrack:
Phil Colins - You'll Be In My Heart

One more for posterity:
Old Apr 13, 2016 | 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

I contacted Progress Auto about the "squeak" and asked if they sold the same grease they supplied in the kit, and this was their reply:

"We don't sell the grease separately at this time, you can use a graphite style grease (not spray). Some local speed shops will carry either Energy Suspension or Prothane bushings and will have their grease available. Just make sure you clean out all the dirt and debris from the bushing before re-greasing."

It appears you've found a better solution. For the record, how much longer do you find that that yellow teflon tape lasts? Answer as if you were giving a review with specifics for I will forward your response to them, if you don't mind.
Living in Salt Lake where the roads are heavily salted during the winter, I would find the grease would only last a couple months during the winter season. The constant blast of salt water did not help the situation. Summer was a different story as the undercarriage stayed drier so the grease would last longer. If I greased in May, I typically would not re grease until the following fall.

The teflon tape trick I learned from the local BMW car club with which I used to be a member. Normal white teflon tape is too thin and tears but the yellow (gas line) tape is perfect. They key is not using too much and overwrapping. You can tell if you overwrap if you can't fit the bushing back over the bar. Normally 1-2 layers is all that is needed. After switching to the teflon tape from grease, it had been close to a year of no squeaks and the tape hadn't torn yet as far as I could tell.
Old Apr 19, 2016 | 02:32 PM

hows the car running? ive been talking to a local fabricator going to drop my 04 RA off to have a custom top mount manifold made soon getting excited!!!!
Old Apr 19, 2016 | 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by lanceresx9
hows the car running? ive been talking to a local fabricator going to drop my 04 RA off to have a custom top mount manifold made soon getting excited!!!!
Running good, although I need to data log and have hackish take a look at the tune for its coughing at WOT & 6000+ rpms.in third gear. Problem is, I don't have a functioning laptop anymore. Anyone have one they can sell cheap to me...Windows 7 will work!

Custom top mount turbo manifold?
Old Apr 19, 2016 | 07:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by slc-ralliart
Living in Salt Lake where the roads are heavily salted during the winter, I would find the grease would only last a couple months during the winter season. The constant blast of salt water did not help the situation. Summer was a different story as the undercarriage stayed drier so the grease would last longer. If I greased in May, I typically would not re grease until the following fall.

The teflon tape trick I learned from the local BMW car club with which I used to be a member. Normal white teflon tape is too thin and tears but the yellow (gas line) tape is perfect. They key is not using too much and overwrapping. You can tell if you overwrap if you can't fit the bushing back over the bar. Normally 1-2 layers is all that is needed. After switching to the teflon tape from grease, it had been close to a year of no squeaks and the tape hadn't torn yet as far as I could tell.

Done:

Old Apr 20, 2016 | 06:18 AM

sweet glad to hear.

yes sir a top mount like the evo's do. I just installed my evo 8 half rad to open up a lot of space. but the design I'm going after is like this. of course changed to fit the tight space better.

The following users liked this post:
truthdweller (Apr 20, 2016)

Quick Reply: 2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build