Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2013 | 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

when i get home that's the first thing i'm going to do, is download the latest build of UVtune and pin my OBD II plug for the wideband...you sould be able to release the pin without destroying the plug, but maybe not...but since you have one could you mail me a pin? i'll pay postage

Last edited by CrAnSwIcK; Jan 30, 2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old Jan 30, 2013 | 10:02 AM
Evolved Member
Veteran: Navy

Funny you're requesting one for I was going to post up and ask the same thing when I started hitting dead ends while trying to find one! Absolutely, pm me your address, postage shouldn't be more than a postage stamp. Oh, btw, I pulled that OBD plug from a 1999 Eclipse, and yes, I was told I could remove the pin but I lost my patience trying to figure it out, lol, so I took the least path of resistance, haha! Then I had to cut another one away to look at it's orientation so I could insert the pin correctly. The sun was going down, the light was starting to be an issue, and with my waning eyesight, I was getting stressed!

Last edited by truthdweller; Jan 30, 2013 at 12:11 PM.
Old Jan 30, 2013 | 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

lol, i like your electrical pun...

i'll shoot you that pm right now...i haven't got around to finding a pin, cause when i left home, there was no ETA on the editor / datalogger...but now, i even just bought a tactrix cable because it's cheaper the get it here in the states, no sales tax, $8 for shipping, no brokerage and duty fees...i was borrowing one from a friend, but if i'm going to be logging and tuning often i don't want to be bugging him for his cable all the time...
Old Jan 31, 2013 | 08:29 AM
Evolved Member

Injectors are installed...unfortunately I did not take any installation pictures, but here are some post-op ones:

fuel rail spacers:

Hackish wants me to test the car with the larger injectors first. In the meantime he will build the turbo maps, then I will install the MAP sensor. Recall Hacks reasoning for installing the larger injectors while still NA, " I like the idea of moving over to the larger injectors while still NA given that an unknown injector can be tweaked until it runs perfectly without the added complication of adding boost too. Different turbos flow different amounts so that's complicated too."

Last edited by truthdweller; Feb 1, 2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old Feb 5, 2013 | 03:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by truthdweller
Got the flash for the 550cc injectors from Hackish the other day:

c-JA3AD69F04U040...-550cc.cod

The dusting of snow has passed, roads are clear, and it's warming up, so, I'll be posting more pics soon.

Update: Hack wants me to hook up the white analog wire of my AEM AFR wideband gauge to my OBD II connector prior to installing the injectors:

Obtain same OBD II connector from salvage yard ($2). Remove pin (I cut plastic apart with dikes), leaving some lead wire on pin. Locate pin #8 on OBD II connector under dash...

Splice/solder lead wire onto white wire...

Remove two plastic retaining tabs in rear of connector...

Make sure tab on pin is facing down when inserting pin from rear of connector. Push until subtle click is heard/felt...voila!

Wait I'm a little confused but I think I got it correct me if I'm wrong.. So pin #8 is empty and you salvaged another pin with some extra wire to solder onto white aem wire and plug into the obd2 plug?
Old Feb 5, 2013 | 05:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RacerX-Ralliart
So pin #8 is empty and you salvaged another pin with some extra wire to solder onto white aem wire and plug into the obd2 plug?
exactly

and damnit Gary, i want those aluminum spacers, i emailed turbo-kits and they never replied...
Old Feb 5, 2013 | 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry RacerX-Ralliart for any confusion, but this photograph, of the back of the OBD II connector, was after I installed the salvaged pin with blue wire, soldered onto white wire of AFR gauge, into the empty #8 position of OBD II connector. I was just using it to reference the 2 plastic retaining clips that need to be removed.
"So pin #8 is empty and you salvaged another pin with some extra wire to solder onto white aem wire and plug into the obd2 plug?"
Yes, you're correct.

...and Garrett, I just emailed some photos of my car to Jesse at turbo kits the other day, and he replied so I know he's still alive. Use this email: <customerservice@turbokits.com>.

Last edited by truthdweller; Feb 5, 2013 at 09:26 PM.
Old Feb 8, 2013 | 04:44 AM

So installing the aem wideband white wire into pin number 8 will help with data logging? Sorry for the newbish question.
Old Feb 8, 2013 | 10:15 AM
Evolved Member

lol, it won't help with datalogging...that's THE ONLY WAY to datalog wideband signal using UVtune and a tactrix cable...logging your wideband AFR helps A LOT to understand what's going on when you are able to compare all other parameters to AFR, the car does not normally have wideband output/monitoring
Old Feb 8, 2013 | 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

Oooo ok thanks now it all makes sense...

Sorry RacerX-Ralliart for any confusion, but this photograph, of the back of the OBD II connector, was after I installed the salvaged pin with blue wire, soldered onto white wire of AFR gauge, into the empty #8 position of OBD II connector. I was just using it to reference the 2 plastic retaining clips that need to be removed. Yes, you're correct.

...and Garrett, I just emailed some photos of my car to Jesse at turbo kits the other day, and he replied so I know he's still alive. Use this email: <customerservice@turbokits.com>.
Old Feb 21, 2013 | 08:37 PM
Evolved Member

Just a bit of motivation in this 20 degree (with windchill) weather:

I bought three 130mm hex-bolts, to replace the 80mm ones that secured the IC to the bottom of the crashbar. This will lower the IC down two inches (50mm) which will allow the charge piping to clear around the outside edges of the crashbar and will clear the plastic bumper bezels that the fog light lenses butt up against, thus preventing any further trimming of the front clip away. Photos tomorrow.

Last edited by truthdweller; Feb 21, 2013 at 08:39 PM.
Old Feb 22, 2013 | 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

i used 120mm...puts it in a nice spot...
Old Feb 23, 2013 | 08:31 PM
Evolved Member

...thus preventing any further trimming of the front clip away.

Well, maybe not, for now the bottom of the IC hits the bottom edge of the front clip. You see, there's a nice ~4" radius that is formed where the front clip wraps itself around the crash bar, just below the opening for the foglights. I'm hoping that the 3" (OD) charge piping will fit nicely in this "radius," for if it does, it'll look as if it was meant to be there! For now, I purchased (4) one inch spacers (two per hex-bolt) to take up the extra (50)cm's of length. Aye shoot...I just realized, while taking the picture of the spacers, that I only purchased FOUR instead of SIX! *sigh* Awe heck, I don't need any for the middle one, :

Oh, btw, I've deposited half of what I need for Hackish's manifold and piping. Another (5) weeks and I'll be there!

Last edited by truthdweller; Feb 23, 2013 at 08:46 PM.
Old Feb 23, 2013 | 09:14 PM
Evolved Member

Good news man!! How is the progress on the automatic tune with the Turbo? Has hack gotten it working now or is that going to be the final piece of the puzzle?
Old Feb 23, 2013 | 10:05 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bakuro117
Good news man!! How is the progress on the automatic tune with the Turbo? Has hack gotten it working now or is that going to be the final piece of the puzzle?
I'm under the impression that the "puzzle" is already complete.

Quick Reply: 2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build