Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2013 | 05:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bakuro117
In that case I'll up Crans by getting you a six pack as long as i can get a ride in The Big Red Rocket! ;P
The first thing that comes to my head when I read that is the episode of south park were cartman jerks off his dog.............
Old Jun 25, 2013 | 09:16 PM
Evolved Member
Veteran: Navy

Easy bakuro...
Old Jun 26, 2013 | 08:56 AM
Evolved Member

LOL ok... :P
Old Jun 27, 2013 | 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Week after week after week, and nothing gets done at this point in the build....frustrating. I think I need to learn to weld, for I'd be done with this thing...at least with what I can do. The ECU programming aspect is out of my hands.

I just spent the last two hours standing around at the shop listening to the guys shoot the bull and watch them take a few more measurements to finish up my down pipe...yep, still not complete (flex pipe and flange still pending). They also concluded that they don't normally carry many steel bungs for my oil pan so they have to order it. I had to prompt them to finish my down pipe so I could mail that off for ceramic coating. Looks like that wont be done till Saturday. Amongst other unspoken things I'm about to give up.
Old Jun 28, 2013 | 12:15 AM

Sorry about the Laziness of the shop you are getting this done at but keep it up! I am in love with your car as I also have a 04 Lancer Ralliart Auto (Sedan though). So for me I am vicariously living through your build. =D
Old Jun 28, 2013 | 06:33 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by truthdweller
Week after week after week, and nothing gets done at this point in the build....frustrating. I think I need to learn to weld, for I'd be done with this thing...at least with what I can do. The ECU programming aspect is out of my hands.

I just spent the last two hours standing around at the shop listening to the guys shoot the bull and watch them take a few more measurements to finish up my down pipe...yep, still not complete (flex pipe and flange still pending). They also concluded that they don't normally carry many steel bungs for my oil pan so they have to order it. I had to prompt them to finish my down pipe so I could mail that off for ceramic coating. Looks like that wont be done till Saturday. Amongst other unspoken things I'm about to give up.
Truth,

I have continually admired your quiet determination and persistence to achieve forced induction. You foremost have inspired me to just get off my *** and start a project.You have encountered various obstacles and you have overcome them, taking them in stride. I do not know the unspoken things that you refer to, and will not even try to imagine their gravity and magnitude that they could have you on the brink like this. Not withstanding, if you stop now when you're 90% there, a Ralliart fatwa will be declared on you and your Sportback.

I really hope you get the other issues sorted. In the end, we like our cars but they're not what we hold most precious.

Good luck Truth.
Old Jun 28, 2013 | 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Your almost there man! Fabrication can be a big PITA tho so frustration is totally understandable! Like several of the other guys your build has been inspiring to me and my auto RA! So Id be terribly sad if you quit now. I also know its frustrating to have been on such a roll then have progress come to a complete stop. Its like having the treadmill come to a complete stop right underneath you. But keep doing what your doing and you'll be there soon!

Old Jun 28, 2013 | 08:54 AM
Evolved Member

I'm about to give up
And I thought I was just expressing myself, lol! Gotta love the literary replies though...

Update: hackish sent me the turbo tune last night and is shipping the intake pipe. One down, intake pipe, downpipe, oil pan/return line, cat pipe to go...

Last edited by truthdweller; Jun 28, 2013 at 08:58 AM.
Old Jun 28, 2013 | 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

And I thought I was just expressing myself, lol! Gotta love the literary replies though...

Update: hackish sent me the turbo tune last night and is shipping the intake pipe. One down, intake pipe, downpipe, oil pan/return line, cat pipe to go...
good to hear...
Old Jun 28, 2013 | 10:52 PM
Evolved Member

Successful @ downloading UVTune's latest software update...

Anyone know if I need to, our can benefit by running a different spark plug with this set-up?
Old Jun 28, 2013 | 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Baby_Evo
Sorry about the Laziness of the shop you are getting this done at but keep it up! I am in love with your car as I also have a 04 Lancer Ralliart Auto (Sedan though). So for me I am vicariously living through your build. =D

Man, all you guys living throughout the country are giving me great travel ideas...

Baby_Evo, you're in Santa Barbara I take it? Man I get homesick seeing the sunshine through the initials, "SB CA!" I'm a San Diego born native and heading back to the west coast at the end of August and SB would be a great stop before heading south to SD! Would love to stop by and say hello.
Old Jun 29, 2013 | 02:01 PM
Evolved Member

Finally finished, but elected to wait till after Monday to send out for ceramic coat so clearance for the WG actuator bracket can be mocked up on Monday. The actuator is NOT being mounted as previously described (imagine that), but rather directly below the actuator lever, in front of the oil pan, which positions it right next to the downpipe, hence the ceramic coat to keep from frying it.

The steel, male bung for the oil pan return is on order from Michigan

Last edited by truthdweller; Jun 30, 2013 at 06:49 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2013 | 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Two down, ceramic coat, actuator bracket, intake pipe, oil pan/return line, cat pipe to go. Mysterious how once I get one thing finished, two more items are added???

Last edited by truthdweller; Jun 29, 2013 at 02:55 PM.
Old Jun 29, 2013 | 04:55 PM

very nice progress truth..
Old Jun 30, 2013 | 06:54 AM
Evolved Member

Anyone know if I need to, our can benefit by running a different spark plug with this set-up?
I asked hackish, "one step colder," was his reply, and found a pretty informative article on the same:

" Do I need a colder spark plugs? A rule of thumb is one heat range colder for every 75–100hp you increase. In identical spark plug types, the difference from one full heat range to the next is the ability to remove 70°C to 100°C from the combustion chamber. The heat range numbers used by spark plug manufacturers are not universal, so a 10 heat range in Champion is not the same as a 10 heat range in NGK or in Autolite. When making the decision to change the heat range of your plugs, it is a wise idea to make changes in 1 heat range increments, checking all your plugs for suitability during your test. Vehicle modifications during the test phase of your plugs is not recommended as this may skew your results."

Gap: Gap has a lot to do with igniteability. The bigger the gap, the better combustion. HOWEVER, this comes at a cost. The bigger gap requires MORE voltage to spark, puting a much higher strain on your ignition system. With a turbo charged motor, the gap is usually smaller. This is due to the fact that higher cylinder pressures make it harder for the plug to fire, therby increasing voltage requirments (this is why 2.5L NA is 0.044" gap and the 2.5L turbo is 0.030" gap). Can your ignition system handle the increased load?? Good question." - http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=518633

Last edited by truthdweller; Jun 30, 2013 at 07:00 AM.

Quick Reply: 2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build