Notices
04-06 Ralliart Aftermarket Forced Induction Tech (aftermarket turbo/supercharger related topics)

2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2015 | 11:00 AM
Evolved Member
Veteran: Navy

Originally Posted by bakuro117
Awesome! Thanks Gary!
Sorry, I just reread my post and I wasn't too clear...a guy who purchased it and never used it, posted it on a DSM site. He sold it to me for what he paid for it. It looked and felt pretty sturdy, seams stitched well, latches, hardware, etc. It's obviously easier if you wrap it prior to installing the turbo...
Old Feb 2, 2015 | 04:40 PM
Evolved Member

Been a while, for it appears FB is getting more attention from me than anything. The only thing new, really, is that I FINALLY gave in and bought some eyelids....but....after applying them, they didn't do what I thought I was convinced they would do. So, I ripped them off and trashed them.

As well, RessurectedRalliart sent me some mesh front grill inserts. I will pick them up tomorrow over at my old address, and we'll see how that goes. I've also found someone that'll install the LSD I still have sitting in my garage, and am waiting for the spring to do that.

I'm getting, what appears to be, a misfire @ 6300 rpm WOT. Changed plugs yet still there. Found my turbo blanket may have been hindering the WG lever so, I solved that dilemma... still to determine if that solved the problem. Any other suggestions?

Last edited by truthdweller; Feb 8, 2015 at 08:51 PM.
Old Feb 2, 2015 | 04:46 PM
Evolved Member

ignition coil? or maybe knock?
Old Feb 2, 2015 | 05:53 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by truthdweller
Been a while, for it appears FB is getting more attention from me than anything. The only thing new, really, is that I FINALLY gave in and bought some eyelids....but....after applying them, they didn't do what I thought I was convinced they would do. So, I ripped them off and trashed the them.

As well, RessurectedRalliart sent me some mesh front grill inserts. I will pick them up tomorrow over at my old address, and we'll see how that goes. I've also found someone that'll install the LSD I still have sitting in my garage, and am waiting for the spring to do that.

I'm getting, what appears to be, a misfire @ 6300 rpm WOT. Changed plugs yet still there. Found my turbo blanket may have been hindering the WG lever so, I solved that dilemma... still to determine if that solved the problem. Any other suggestions?
Finally sent them, I hope they work for you. I noticed one of them was cracked, and was missing some of the tabs. They're still functional and they should suit your purpose well.

Once again thanks for your contribution. Now I feel like there's something I should be sending Cranswick for all his contributions...
Old Feb 2, 2015 | 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Resurrected RA
Now I feel like there's something I should be sending Cranswick for all his contributions...
whatchya got?

lol, j/k...no need to feel that way...your in no debt to me
Old Feb 3, 2015 | 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

Finally sent them, I hope they work for you. I noticed one of them was cracked, and was missing some of the tabs. They're still functional and they should suit your purpose well.

Once again thanks for your contribution. Now I feel like there's something I should be sending Cranswick for all his contributions...

Matches the hood...Pretty slick!

Last edited by truthdweller; Feb 3, 2015 at 06:56 PM.
Old Feb 3, 2015 | 08:29 PM
Evolved Member

Looks really good Gary! Gotta say you have one clean RA!
Old Feb 3, 2015 | 09:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
Hmm, misfire still there... If a bad coil, it wouldn't only affect certain RPM / load ranges would it? I need to either get my laptop debugged, or find somebody else's to use so I can data log, and see if I'm knocking.
Old Feb 4, 2015 | 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Matches the hood...Pretty slick!
That does look good! You can thank Canadian Canuck for making those. I doubt he would have imagined that they would be in New Jersey at any time in their lives...
Old Feb 4, 2015 | 01:32 PM
Evolved Member

That does look good! You can thank Canadian Canuck for making those. I doubt he would have imagined that they would be in New Jersey at any time in their lives...

I couldn't have imagined that I would have ended up residing in New Jersey at any time in my life!
Old Feb 4, 2015 | 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Hmm, misfire still there... If a bad coil, it wouldn't only affect certain RPM / load ranges would it? I need to either get my laptop debugged, or find somebody else's to use so I can data log, and see if I'm knocking.

depends...with boost moving through the motor, a weak spark may become more evident, than an N/A motor....
Old Feb 8, 2015 | 08:56 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK

I've lost my laptop, probably due to a virus, so I can't datalog at the moment to check for knock. For now, since they're over ten years old, I'm replacing the ignition coils X 4. They should be in on Tuesday so, I'll let you know.
Old Feb 8, 2015 | 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Does the 2009+ Ralliart rear motor mount cross over to ours?

Last edited by truthdweller; Feb 8, 2015 at 09:03 PM.
Old Feb 8, 2015 | 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

Big 16g Turbo @ 14psi (stock block)
WHOLY MOLEY...how's that going?!
Old Feb 8, 2015 | 11:32 PM
Evolved Member

Which one:

Last edited by truthdweller; Feb 8, 2015 at 11:37 PM.

Quick Reply: 2004 Lancer Sportback Ralliart AT Build