Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Magnaflow Racing Series

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2005, 08:28 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Magnaflow Racing Series

I know everyone says the 14829 is a good magnaflow muffler, has anyone had any experiences with their racing mufflers? would a 5 or 6 inch muffler fit under? or are we strictly stuck with 5x8 oval?

the one in question for me is:

Magnaflow Racing Series 14834 (5"x8") and also 14842 (6")
Old Feb 6, 2005, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

Talking

I have this muffler on my car. I really like the deep tone.. Its not much louder than the stock... but has a much better sound and like I said its much deeper. muffler allso come with a decal .... I got mine for about 100.00$ You can tell from the packaging that its a really high quality product.

MagnaFlow Performance Mufflers are straight-through universal fit, designed for the high tech street or race imports. These MagnaFlow products use only the highest quality materials and are tuned to the specific needs of the engine to maximize flow and performance, and to produce a smooth, deep, tone. The tip and body options allow you to choose the look that fits your own personal style.

The Street Series is designed for the souped up street machine. It features a high flow tuning tube balanced to the needs of the high revving import engine. Unlike many of the low-priced imports, MagnaFlow uses a 16 gauge stainless steel body and end caps, with a one piece core, and filled with a high temperature acoustic suppression material, NOT fiberglass.

2.25" Inlet, 4" Diameter Tip
Double Wall, Straight Cut
4" Tip Length
14" Muffler Body Length

Old Feb 8, 2005, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Noob question:

Can anyone tell me what the stock exhaust size is for the Ralliart? I'm told its a 2 1/2 inch system. If it IS in fact that size, what benefits, sans the sound it produced would be achieved? My understanding is that 2 1/2 inches is plenty for most n/a cars, especially 4 cyl.

Found the answer in another thread. sorry guys.

Last edited by boozeup&riot; Feb 8, 2005 at 02:17 PM.
Old Feb 8, 2005, 05:01 PM
Evolved Member

Our exhaust is 2 1/4. You will lose low end with 2 1/2 inch exhaust w/ minimal gain in top end.
Old Feb 9, 2005, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
question, whats the difference between racing series and street series? will one sound like rice being shot out of a canon and the other will be the better? if so, which is which? ^^. i dont like rice in my car. even though i am filipino (far east asia)
Old Feb 18, 2005, 07:39 AM
Evolving Member

race series is a more high-flow muffler. So if your'e doing an entire exhuast system right from the flex and back, then it's a good thing to go with. If you're only doing a cat-back (which is useless in our cars anyways, since we already have mandrel bent cat-back piping) or if you want the deep sound, stick witht he street performance series....not as loud, nice sound, and I think they cost less.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 04:00 PM

I got a 6" round magnaflow and a high flow cat, replaced the resonator with a 18" glass pack with a 2.5 Inner Diameter to match the exhaust tubing that we have and it's as quiet as stock when I first start the car, but once the glass pack heats up, it sounds bad a$$. I don't know what others are doing to get a good sound out of their cars, but I did this and it really works great. Plus you save on piping, because you can use the stock piping for most of it.
Old Mar 11, 2005, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

How much better is the magnaflow exhaust than stock. I like the stock sound, is the magnaflow much louder.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 07:34 AM

Magnaflow

Originally Posted by jdizzy
How much better is the magnaflow exhaust than stock. I like the stock sound, is the magnaflow much louder.
The magnaflow muffler, won't really change the sound all that much if you leave the resonator on their, if you take that off, you will hate the sound, trust me. It's low and quiet if you leave the resonator on, just allows for better flow.
Old Mar 15, 2005, 10:37 AM
Evolving Member

I have the street series 14836 and belive me, it changes a lot the sound of my car, and I didn't take the resonator off, I had to make some changes on the soports, but anyways the result was clean!!!