Notices
04-06 Ralliart Engine/Drivetrain (no forced induction)

Installed My Custom HKS SRI.... (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2005, 07:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone please explain to me what the SRI does or give me a link so I can read about it?
Old Feb 16, 2005, 07:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
SRI = Short Ram Intake, meaning the filter is located in the engine bay.
CAI = Cold Air Intake, usually the intake filter is outside of the engine bay to get colder air. Colder air = more dense = more power.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 07:09 AM
Evolving Member

Thank you. This meaning SRI cheaper than CAI but CAI increases more horsepower.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 07:20 AM

Originally Posted by Arithmetic
^^^ nice and looks great, def cheaper than buying for the time being.

Yeah a lil, but it beats A CAI in this so cal rainy weather and it peforms better than stock, once spring hits ill get the AEM.
AEM CAI? im running a AEM V2 which in my car is a better version of a SRI and it preforms fine even in FL weather. But im switching to a Injen CAI with K&N DryCharger...AEM V2 + 8,000 PRM =
Old Feb 18, 2005, 07:22 AM

Originally Posted by the-kid
Thank you. This meaning SRI cheaper than CAI but CAI increases more horsepower.
wel his SRI was basically a DIY mod which is gonna cost alot less...but with most SRIs heat soak will be an issue on hot days long drives and humid weather. but if you live up north your fine with a SRi but CAI is always better...at the risk of Hydrolock in rainy places
Old Feb 18, 2005, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Blaze6257
AEM CAI? im running a AEM V2 which in my car is a better version of a SRI and it preforms fine even in FL weather. But im switching to a Injen CAI with K&N DryCharger...AEM V2 + 8,000 PRM =
AEM just released ther CAI for the ralliart about 3weeks ago. Also, it's been a really bad raining season here in so cal (the worse in maaaany years), so I don't wanna take the chance of hydrolock. Hopefully as time comes, we can get more companies to produce intakes.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 01:37 PM

their arent many more aftermarket companies that produce intakes for the RA application, from what i noticed...if the RA is alot bigger to japanese companies then there would be better aftermarket support.

What i wonder is if companies like Comptec and ARC will make induction boxes for the RA i slightly cought it, but those two along with the Mugen Induction box are alternatives to CAIs and SRI.

With a induction box you get better then stock and SRI and CAI throttle response and geat gains more then any SRI and almost as good as a CAI and no Hydrolocking.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 01:45 PM
Evolved Member

their arent many more aftermarket companies that produce intakes for the RA application, from what i noticed...if the RA is alot bigger to japanese companies then there would be better aftermarket support.
well There would be... except:
1) mitsu didn't really advertise it
2) the Japanese version of the RA is getting a 1.8l turbo'd GDI engine...

so... unless they see the demand from the unadvertised car's owners .. then nothing... and mitsu didn't do us any favors by releasing a different engine overseas... but we'll get support in due time... crikey i remember getting a daewoo lanos 2-3 years ago... talk about trying to find parts.... 2 ... Eibach springs and weapon-R SRI.... could be worse
Old Feb 18, 2005, 01:53 PM

yesh i know its a FI RA in japan...just saying. most companies who will develop parts for the RA have to so alot of R&D before releasing parts...just prolly take even longer due to the USDM and JDM differance
Old Feb 18, 2005, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

yesh i know its a FI RA in japan...just saying. most companies who will develop parts for the RA have to so alot of R&D before releasing parts...just prolly take even longer due to the USDM and JDM differance
With most of the companies i spoke with.. .they just haven't seen a demand... The sentra SE-R Spec V was released AND advertised with tuning in mind...
I never saw a commercial with a RA in it ... and I think the Fact Nissan has NISMO helps them alot... other companies want to compete with that.. mitsubishi needs a company like that ... though we have ralliart... they don't seem to be doing too much...

sorry for hijacking.
Old Feb 18, 2005, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by DiamondWhite
With most of the companies i spoke with.. .they just haven't seen a demand... The sentra SE-R Spec V was released AND advertised with tuning in mind...
I never saw a commercial with a RA in it ... and I think the Fact Nissan has NISMO helps them alot... other companies want to compete with that.. mitsubishi needs a company like that ... though we have ralliart... they don't seem to be doing too much...

sorry for hijacking.
quite true the demand is a huge issue with companies producing parts. as with my RSX aftermarket support is great. but its a JDM car that has a cult following...in japan and the us
Old Feb 18, 2005, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

quite true the demand is a huge issue with companies producing parts. as with my RSX aftermarket support is great. but its a JDM car that has a cult following...in japan and the us
Honda/Acura could release a car that wouldn't even beat my old lanos (which stock for stock... will beat a civic) and it'll get so much support that it would annihilate anything that moves in 5 weeks.

but good powerplant gets overlooked...
I just don't see how the tC/SE-R get more support... especially tC.... that car is whack ... i test drove 2... and they sucked.... i couldn't stand it.